this past weekend I accidentally dropped my BlackBerry z10 in the lake from the dock. I quickly rescued it, and took the otter box defender case off, and pulled the battery. I then left in rice for about 48 and put it all back together. The phone is working perfectly fine now. Once again blackberry you have made an outstanding product. Also otter box can you please make the Armor series for the new BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:08 PM
    You handled the situation very well. And you got lucky.
    05-21-13 01:13 PM
    i spilld half a cup of hot tea covered my z10 fully in it and my pants and shirt and it didnt have any problems either but i guess yours was a worse situation being submerged but good to know our phones dont give out over something like this.
    05-21-13 01:29 PM
    I had a Sanyo flip phone that I ran through the full wash cycle. Dried it out and it worked except people said my voice was muffled so that is when I bought a BlackBerry eight years ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:44 PM
    Check this out!!! I am waiting for this product!!!! It is available for 60.00, but I don't see the blackberry option on their website ??

jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-21-13 02:37 PM
    Check this out!!! I am waiting for this product!!!!
    Omg. So cool. Can't wait but seeing as their devices were apple, they probably won't do it for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 02:43 PM
    @pttptppt,

They have most of the other smart phones: Samsung, Apple, HTC, Motorola. I don't even see Blackberrys' older models?? None at all!
    05-21-13 02:48 PM
    @pttptppt,

They have most of the other smart phones: Samsung, Apple, HTC, Motorola. I don't even see Blackberrys' older models?? None at all!
    If I had to bet, I'd say the removable battery is a limiting factor for this particular process.
    aming63 likes this.
    05-21-13 02:50 PM
    damn that rice trick really works eh?

anyway glad still working!!
    05-21-13 03:02 PM
    The best tech out there for waterproofing is called "hydrophobic coating"

You can apply it on anything. Cell phone, TV, shoes and if you like, a white tuxedo. You could spill soy sauce or mustard on that tuxedo and it won't stain it.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:12 PM
    this past weekend I accidentally dropped my BlackBerry z10 in the lake from the dock. I quickly rescued it, and took the otter box defender case off, and pulled the battery. I then left in rice for about 48 and put it all back together. The phone is working perfectly fine now. Once again blackberry you have made an outstanding product. Also otter box can you please make the Armor series for the new BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    Same thing happened to me, but mine wasn't a lake it was a little basin of clean water, let it sit in rice for a weekend and she's been working perfect ever since... After a stressful weekend of worrying.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:16 PM