I just switched over from the Torch 9850 to the Z10. I am still having issues with getting my PC to recognize the new Z10 device. Then on top of that, the Link software would not transfer any of my data over from the Torch to the Z10. I used the work around to get my contacts and calendar items over by syncing with my Gmail and yahoo accounts. Now I can't get certain media files to play. Some of them came over as MP3 files and play just fine The others have that pesky .rem extension after it and will not play for the life of me. I tried moving them to a different folder, renaming the file (taking the .rem off the extension).

Any suggestions? I don't want o lose any of my music files.

P.S. Amazon MP3 player for the Z10 anyone?
    04-02-13 03:11 AM
    Was the media card encrypted on your old phone? If it was, you can't just use it in your new phone without decrypting it first. That's the point of encryption.

If you're unable to put the card back in the old device and get rid of the encryption, the only solution that I know of would be to try emailing the files to yourself. That has fixed things for me in the past.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    04-02-13 05:46 AM
    I tried that. I just resolved to moving what I could off the media card and anything else that I could not decrypt was wiped when I reformatted the card. I had back ups of every thing on my home server. I just dragged and dropped it on to the Z10. All good in the hood.
    05-04-13 03:15 AM