Has anyone had experience or know if you can enter Lat/Long for directions in the maps app?

I have to travel to off the road places that doesn't have any address and use Lat/Long currently seems like I cannot enter it or format isn't understood.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:42 AM
    Has anyone had experience or know if you can enter Lat/Long for directions in the maps app?

I have to travel to off the road places that doesn't have any address and use Lat/Long currently seems like I cannot enter it or format isn't understood.

Posted via CB10
    Hi and welcome to CB!
    I opened my maps app and tried to put in lat and long numbers. Unfortunately, the app doesn't understand these.
    Maybe you need to search for a different app from the BBWorld store? I think the only way you can search in BBMaps is with names or streets.

I don't know about other Nav apps, but maybe these would be better for you than a simple app like BBMaps. I miss Traffic terribly. But I'm not sure you could do that in Traffic either.
    06-26-13 10:10 AM
    Yeah, that's something that I could really use. Unfortunately, it's not available in BlackBerry Maps.

Edit: If anyone knows of an app that will accept latitude and longitude, I'm interested.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:11 AM
    Chalk one up for I phone n Google maps, which works on my work phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:41 AM
    Nogago free map in BlackBerry World allows that.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:47 AM
    Nogago free map in BlackBerry World allows that.

Posted via CB10
    It's $5 US for an Android port. That doesn't scare me off, but I am leery of reviews since devs can manipulate them to their benefit.

Have you used this app on your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check out Mireo Don't Panic in BlackBerry World. It allows you to enter locations by lat/long and maps are offline so you don't use data (maps are large files and currently have to be stored on the device, but they are working on an update that will allow maps to be stored on the sd card). You'll want to be sure to have a car charger or extra battery to be safe.

Do a search for Mireo in the forums for more info. It's a paid app, but has a free trial and is really outstanding in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 04:14 PM
    I got Nogago for free on PlayBook at one time and then downloaded it on my z10 as was already in My World. Works good on both. I guess I was lucky !!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:26 PM