Very very good points for daily usage!

But I don't think the Q10 will solve above problems Q10 does not have the trackpad to help you move the cursor exactly ; or any physical call/end button. Other issues might just be software related and can be fixed with coming updates.

Great post again
    The trackpad is an amazing tool. I keep using my Torch to type or edit long emails on my PlayBook just because of it. I hate that BB has remove it just to have a similar phone to the rest.
    Postfuhramt likes this.
    02-24-13 09:59 AM
    I have just tried 3 times in a row leaving the hub on different email accounts and then going back and using the text message icon and it takes me directly to the text message screen. Could it be something in your settings?
    I'm the same. Doesn't matter where I leave the hub, using the text message icon takes me directly to the text message screen.
    02-24-13 10:02 AM
    I wonder two things.

from facebook to respond by Rub
    facebook chat app have?
    02-24-13 10:10 AM
    Reading threads like these really confirm my opinion that the Z10 did not bring anything to the table that I need and don't have on my 9930. The Z10 is starting to sound like what i suppose it's meant to be........ an iPhone or Android with Blackberry branding. It reminds me of the automobile world. Most cars do exactly the same thing. They just have a different brand on the grill.
    02-24-13 10:12 AM
    Copy and pasting phone nrs into the notes?
    Use the device properly and you'll be happier.
    1. Meeting attendees should be saved as contacts in your address book
    2. Send them a meeting invite from the calendar entry using email.
    3. Attendees will show up on the 'people' tab of your meeting. From here you can view their recent updates (facebook,linkedin,twitter etc)... and look, wow... you can call them!
    4. IF you arent setting your meetings up with invitees like this then how do you update their calendars if you change the meeting time? Call them? If you have everyone linked in this way it all happens seamlessly.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but in the real world, with people you meet once for business you don't necessarily want them for a contact in your phone. I add my appointments via Outlook and it syncs with my phone. All the detail is in the main outlook field, so now I have to put them as a contact? Or add the phone number into the notes field of outlook. Just in case I need to ring them because I am running late or am early Its not realistic really is it??
    Blacklatino and lotuslanderz like this.
    02-24-13 10:46 AM
    Thanks, I do now this of course. I was just saying with a percentage key you get the percentage then after hitting equals you get the total. So in answer to your question yes I suppose you could say the % allows a different type of calculation, a quicker one.
    Yes of course but when writing invoices you cant beat finding out the vat separately and adding together in one calculation.... Perhaps I just expect too much. Never mind, at least I can find out the tangent eh....

You do notice that I was replying back to your previous post which I highlighted above. Your reply to me says "with a percentage key you get the percentage then after hitting equals you get the total", if my logic is in tact then your way is still a 2 step process which is different from what your previous comment was " Yes of course but when writing invoices you cant beat finding out the vat separately and adding together in one calculation ". Your previous comment made it seem like if the % key did an all in one solution, which is not the case. So since your step is obviously a 2 step process. Then my way is just as good. The example that I originally gave is (step1) then (-) minus cost or price is (step2) and those 2 calculations will calculate VAT separately and the total cost.
    02-24-13 10:49 AM
    I have just tried 3 times in a row leaving the hub on different email accounts and then going back and using the text message icon and it takes me directly to the text message screen. Could it be something in your settings?
    Try leaving the hub in an email. I am not the only one....
    02-24-13 10:50 AM
    Im not sure why this should take 3 swipes? Im guessing one swipe to unlock, but even if you havent left the device on the home screen, you can swipe up from the BlackBerry logo on the bezel to take you to home screen and from there you have the phone icon in your bottom menu bar
    1. Clear current screen.
    2. Press "Phone icon"
    3. Press Dialling Pad.

I day say three actions/touches.

If we could assign a button to the dial pad that would be good.
    02-24-13 11:03 AM
    All good points.

To make a phone call however, you can always swipe up from the bottom to get to home screen.
    02-24-13 11:09 AM
    1. Clear current screen.
    2. Press "Phone icon"
    3. Press Dialling Pad.

I day say three actions/touches.

If we could assign a button to the dial pad that would be good.
    I see, it indeed needs 3 touchs.
    02-24-13 11:10 AM
    Yes of course but when writing invoices you cant beat finding out the vat separately and adding together in one calculation.... Perhaps I just expect too much. Never mind, at least I can find out the tangent eh....

You do notice that I was replying back to your previous post which I highlighted above. Your reply to me says "with a percentage key you get the percentage then after hitting equals you get the total", if my logic is in tact then your way is still a 2 step process which is different from what your previous comment was " Yes of course but when writing invoices you cant beat finding out the vat separately and adding together in one calculation ". Your previous comment made it seem like if the % key did an all in one solution, which is not the case. So since your step is obviously a 2 step process. Then my way is just as good. The example that I originally gave is (step1) then (-) minus cost or price is (step2) and those 2 calculations will calculate VAT separately and the total cost.
    Sorry you lost me somewhere or do I misunderstand. With the percentage key lets say you wanted the VAT on �399.78. You would type "399.78 x 20 %" , as soon as you hit the % key you get the VAT in this example �79.96. Then you press the plus key and you get the total �479.74.

With no percentage key you have to type "399.78 x 1.2 =" and you get the total �479.74 but you haven't got the VAT separated. Of course this is an easy example and its obvious what the VAT is but just sometimes when I am working on multiple invoices I just want it simple. I accept that with VAT its a nice easy calculation as it is 20% but sometimes I am dealing with 17.5% or 12.5 %.

Whats the chances more people need the percentage than the tangent!
    02-24-13 11:46 AM
    Divide your percentage by 100 before you put it in your calculator - 17.5% =. 175 or divide your answer by 100. That's all the percent key is doing.

Posted via CB10
    Abrante likes this.
    02-24-13 12:21 PM
    thank you OP.

Definitely, definitely, definitely waiting. Not in the mood to be a beta tester when it comes to the U.S.

I'll wait until they update all these omissions.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-24-13 12:23 PM
    Good points. I agree with you.

The text selection CAN be good when the big circle comes up but boy do I miss the cursor!!

I could not trigger the circle to change text in a URL in the browser.

Hub should default to root on exit, except when triggering text app. I don't want to click in then click back!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-24-13 12:42 PM
    Regarding text, no matter where I leave the hub the text app takes me to texts, not the last place of hub...curious.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-24-13 12:44 PM
    I'm only guessing, but it seems to be a glitch to be fixed soon. I hid my BBM and Text icons so I can used to only going to them through hub. Finding out easier ways of doing it when forced. Love the Hub now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-24-13 at 01:31 PM.
    02-24-13 01:08 PM
    @OP. Thanks for the comments about your BB10. I appreciate honesty while at the same time hope that the majority of the comments stating that the "minor issues will be fixed with the next upgrade"......are true. Regardless, I'm still waiting for awhile before getting one. Also, has nothing to do with your comments before someone accuses you of stopping others from getting a new BlackBerry. I had already planned on waiting.
    02-24-13 04:19 PM
    Sorry you lost me somewhere or do I misunderstand. With the percentage key lets say you wanted the VAT on �399.78. You would type "399.78 x 20 %" , as soon as you hit the % key you get the VAT in this example �79.96. Then you press the plus key and you get the total �479.74.

With no percentage key you have to type "399.78 x 1.2 =" and you get the total �479.74 but you haven't got the VAT separated. Of course this is an easy example and its obvious what the VAT is but just sometimes when I am working on multiple invoices I just want it simple. I accept that with VAT its a nice easy calculation as it is 20% but sometimes I am dealing with 17.5% or 12.5 %.

In short: $399.78*.20 = 79.96.... that is the VAT...... then add the $399.78 and you have your total of $479.74. Or you can do $399.78*1.20 which is $479.74 which is the total ($399.78+VAT is included in that calculation) and then you take away (-) $399.78 from that combined total which will leave you with VAT separate. The actual percentage doesn't matter, move the decimal point two digits to the left.
    02-24-13 08:00 PM
    I wonder two things.

facebook chat app have?
    02-24-13 09:32 PM

I understand its a little easier. You have this option:

399.78 x .2 = 79.956 (VAT) hit + 399.78
    Not as easy, but its what I do, if I use a calculator
    02-24-13 10:00 PM
    Has there been a fix for the "Not being able to paste phone numbers that have been copied, into the dial pad"?
    02-27-13 02:34 PM
    Has there been a fix for the "Not being able to paste phone numbers that have been copied, into the dial pad"?
    I just read this in another thread. What you can do is copy the phone number to your clipboard and then in your browser address bar type tel: and then paste your phone number and hit enter and the phone will start dialing that number.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 10:05 PM
    I just read this in another thread. What you can do is copy the phone number to your clipboard and then in your browser address bar type tel: and then paste your phone number and hit enter and the phone will start dialing that number.

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed that phone numbers are recognized, enlarged and made blue. So far anytime I wanted to dial a number this has worked. Not saying that it does this all the time but so far for me has worked.

Test: 6045551122 as I typed that it worked. Let's see if it shows up in the CN 10 App.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 11:50 PM
    Nope. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 11:50 PM
    I wonder two things.

facebook chat app have?
    Yes you can respond to facebook from the hub
    Yes you can get facebook chat
    03-01-13 03:40 PM
104 ... 2345