cost * 1.VAT% expressed in decimal should give you a similar answer. (i.e. cost 100*1.20 1.vat% in decimal form= 120). Or does the % allow for a different type of calculation all in one? I am not in favor of the lack of the % key. But, there are a few work arounds
    Thanks, I do now this of course. I was just saying with a percentage key you get the percentage then after hitting equals you get the total. So in answer to your question yes I suppose you could say the % allows a different type of calculation, a quicker one.
    02-23-13 05:24 PM
    one thing i do not like is that it is not possible to copy phone # from text messages. you can either call this number or add it to contacts but it is not possible to copy it and paste it in notes etc.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-23-13 05:27 PM
    My thoughts re the Z10, why I love it and why I hate it.

The Z10 is a perfect cloud machine. I can sync Google, Hotmail and my POP3 emails and of course my calendars. My contacts and Calendars are now all in the cloud. I use Dropbox for my files, so have instant access to all my PC data, word files and excel. I use Hotmail tasks for my "Todo" list, this syncs with the Remember app on the phone. I have a Box account as well, so I soon as I take a picture this sync instantly (with connection) with Box. Now if I lose the phone who cares. I wipe the phone over the net and reinstall everything on a new Z10 in minutes. This is brilliant. A perfect machine you would think, but as a serious business tool when I am out and about everyday I am not so sure, here's why:

I visit clients and my appointments are in my diary/calendar. When adding a phone number into the body of an appointment in the Calendar app you cannot tap the phone number to call the number. If there is a gap in the phone number its not straight forward to copy the number which is a real nuisance. If you do eventually copy the number you realise you wasted your time because you cannot paste the phone number into the dialling pad. How absurd is this? While I am out, I can have the phone number in my appointment but now I need a piece of paper to write down the phone number so I can manually enter the phone number into the dialling pad. How absolutely absurd is that? Who on earth didn't think of that? Maybe Blackberry designers can remember 11 digit phone numbers.

When an email fails to send, there is no resend now option. I am a busy person. If I write an email on a phone and it fails to send I want to try to resend it immediately. How mad that you have to wait. From my experience I have waited until the next day for a failed message to send. What on earth were they thinking.

Now I want to quickly send a text message, there is a specific app on the main screen for that but if you open the app it does not go straight to the text message app, it opens the Blackberry hub and puts you where you left off in the hub. Whats the point of that, I went to text message app for a reason. Open the app!

Now the calculator, what on earth happened to the percentage button!!! Are all blackberry designers mathematicians, perhaps they can work out the most commonly used function in the UK business world, i.e VAT, in their head.

Now making a call, if you left the phone in any position other than in the home screen it now takes three actions/touches to get the dial pad. Its a phone for gods sake. Surely you should not have to carry out three actions to make a call.

Now the typing, I accept I am not used to a touch screen but god its a struggle sometimes to highlight the exact section you want or place the cursor exactly where you need to make a correction. Especially if you want to edit something quickly in a long email.

Dont get me wrong I love the Z10 but these basic functions make me think that my bold is just so easy to use for every day business functions!! Looks like I will be getting another contract when the G10 comes out!!
    I would email this to blackberry and let them know your suggestions.

is there anything like suggestion box that can be send to blackberry anyways ?
    02-23-13 05:28 PM
    My thoughts re the Z10, why I love it and why I hate it.

Now the calculator, what on earth happened to the percentage button!!! Are all blackberry designers mathematicians, perhaps they can work out the most commonly used function in the UK business world, i.e VAT, in their head.

Now making a call, if you left the phone in any position other than in the home screen it now takes three actions/touches to get the dial pad. Its a phone for gods sake. Surely you should not have to carry out three actions to make a call.

Now the typing, I accept I am not used to a touch screen but god its a struggle sometimes to highlight the exact section you want or place the cursor exactly where you need to make a correction. Especially if you want to edit something quickly in a long email.

Dont get me wrong I love the Z10 but these basic functions make me think that my bold is just so easy to use for every day business functions!! Looks like I will be getting another contract when the G10 comes out!!
    The lack of the percentage key has to be the dumbest thing yet from BBRY. Only a moron could add a calculator app missing that feature, and only another moron in QC testing could have missed that one...

I also agree on the other points listed above...
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-23-13 05:30 PM
    You have to turn your phone and view the calculator in landscape mode...turns the calculator into a scientific one then and all your symbols are there.

Posted via CB10
    All except the % key - fail.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-23-13 05:37 PM
    All except the % key - fail.
    Don't worry, I took away my phone and made myself drink a beer in my garage..
    .hope I learnt "Double check before Posting"

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 06:37 PM
    Great plan!!!
    02-23-13 06:37 PM
    The lack of percentage threw me too. Can't imagine why it's missing but it's not on the pb calculator either. Unless blackberry expects people to use the tip calculator to do percentage
    I never noticed that about the Playbook before. I use an app called Easy Percentage, which I think is fantastic. Perhaps there is something similar for BB10.
    02-23-13 06:42 PM
    all of your points are good except for the one about the keyboard, and about the text messages. in the hub you can jump right back to the main part of it without having to swipe back a million pages, they ran a blog post on this ill see if i can find it. also, the keyboard is all you nothing to complain about there its user preference so like or not you bought it. also, the copy paste thing will be handled in an update.
    02-23-13 07:00 PM
    Are you sure. Perhaps you have left the hub in the text messaging part. Try leaving the hub with an email active.
    I have just tried 3 times in a row leaving the hub on different email accounts and then going back and using the text message icon and it takes me directly to the text message screen. Could it be something in your settings?
    02-23-13 08:11 PM
    Now here's a thread with some constructive criticism. I agree with the text message thing. It's not a huge deal but it annoys me. If I can go straight to BBM I should be able to go straight to text messaging without going through the hub.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-23-13 08:42 PM
    Shortcomings of the legacy OS aside there is no denying the fact that you can't get around the quality that comes from refining an OS over 10 years. BB 10 will get there but we are certainly the early adopters.
    02-23-13 11:56 PM
    Honestly friends

IPhone also lacked resources when it launched, but it was the beginning of a new era (touch screen).

Hoje 99% dos telephones s�o touch screen

Today, a company that wants to get up and launch an OS to compete with Android and iOS can not make mistakes infant.

This burning the brand, opens a wide scope for the customer looking for another manufacturer.
    A dissatisfied customer, hardly back.

And for blackberry 1 customer today is worth GOLD
    02-24-13 12:05 AM
    The "Txt in the Hub" I believe that's normal as mine does that as well. Mine has always gone there not like BBM with its own place. It's just like the mail originates from there as well, I miss that icon.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:05 AM
    These reasons are true, Let's just hope Blackberry will fix it through an update.
    02-24-13 12:10 AM
    Copy and pasting phone nrs into the notes?
    Use the device properly and you'll be happier.
    1. Meeting attendees should be saved as contacts in your address book
    2. Send them a meeting invite from the calendar entry using email.
    3. Attendees will show up on the 'people' tab of your meeting. From here you can view their recent updates (facebook,linkedin,twitter etc)... and look, wow... you can call them!
    4. IF you arent setting your meetings up with invitees like this then how do you update their calendars if you change the meeting time? Call them? If you have everyone linked in this way it all happens seamlessly.

Posted via CB10
    CurveDock likes this.
    02-24-13 12:15 AM
    Text.
    When I click 'text messages' it takes me to 'text messages' inbox in the hub. Bottom of screen is an icon to compose. Done.
    Personally, I don't need to do that. Just go to the hub and click compose.. here you get to choose what kind of message you want to send! Much faster. Let's move with the times guys

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:22 AM
    It's depressing that the OP thinks you have to be a "mathematician" to divide by 100 in your head.

Sums up what's been wrong with maths education in the UK for the last 40 years quite nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by simonfa; 02-24-13 at 03:45 AM.
    02-24-13 01:18 AM
    "When adding a phone number into the body of an appointment in the Calendar app you cannot tap the phone number to call the number. "

Works for me when I enter a phone number in the notes, reminder, status section of the appointment.

Posted via CB10
    Works for me too.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 02:18 AM
    This is the best review of BB10's flaws so far. It is direct and specific. Not a complain post and therefore no attacks from other users.

Valid issues pointed out too. I hope they get fixed. Especially the text message icon and pasting onto the dial pad

Posted via CB10
    TCinBraintree likes this.
    02-24-13 03:23 AM
    all of your points are good except for the one about the keyboard, and about the text messages. in the hub you can jump right back to the main part of it without having to swipe back a million pages, they ran a blog post on this ill see if i can find it. also, the keyboard is all you nothing to complain about there its user preference so like or not you bought it. also, the copy paste thing will be handled in an update.
    yup it was you drag the back key (or where the back key would be - bottom left) from left to right to expose the "compact sidebar/hub"

http://crackberry.com/must-know-blac...hub-and-within
    02-24-13 06:28 AM

Im not sure why this should take 3 swipes? Im guessing one swipe to unlock, but even if you havent left the device on the home screen, you can swipe up from the BlackBerry logo on the bezel to take you to home screen and from there you have the phone icon in your bottom menu bar
    02-24-13 08:01 AM
    Excellent post OP. Respectful, recognizes the Z10 is a work in process and has generated helpful feedback. Only at CrackBerry would we have a conversation like this where we can all benefit. As I started reading I decided I will need to wait on the Z10 (U.S.) until I can click phone numbers in the calendar to call, then great relief when posters share an easy answer.

As has been said, if these kinds of things are not in the software at U.S. launch, I fear the market response. While it is true that a new OS has developmental phases, people do expect basic functionality. Plus, it used to be most early adopters where tech aware enough to know that a new OS would not have it all on launch. Now it seems a lot of consumers jump in that do not understand it. That disappointment can lead to bad reviews.
    02-24-13 08:53 AM
    yup it was you drag the back key (or where the back key would be - bottom left) from left to right to expose the "compact sidebar/hub"

Must Know BlackBerry 10 Tip - Using the "Compact Sidebar" will let you jump around the BlackBerry Hub and within apps FAST! | CrackBerry.com
    Nice one! I was just about to agree with the OP and his text message example, then I read this. The learning continues!
    02-24-13 09:25 AM
    cost * 1.VAT% expressed in decimal should give you a similar answer. (i.e. cost 100*1.20 1.vat% in decimal form= 120). Or does the % allow for a different type of calculation all in one? I am not in favor of the lack of the % key. But, there are a few work arounds
    I read this whole thread looking for someone to say this. The % key does exactly what you said above, nothing more, nothing less. The act they excluded it is no big deal, and I am a huge numbers guy.

Maybe to make it more clear for some: to turn 5% into a decimal it's .05, to turn 30% into a decimal is .30. In short it is 2 decimal spots to the left. Now if you take the number "N" you want to calculate the percentage of "P" and multiply by converted percentage EX .30 "C" you get only the tax. Than you have to add the answer to N. this is the long way we all know. Other way is N*1.30= P +N. it's that simple and really no different than hitting a % key.

Percentage margin calculator (don't think % button did this)

30% becomes .70 this is 30%-100
    N/.70 gives you N plus 30% margin

Class is dismissed.
    Abrante and leehardballer12 like this.
    02-24-13 09:51 AM
104 12345