Had trouble all morning with my Z10. I kept wondering why the device wouldn't show the BlackBerry symbol in the top right corner, even after registering the device manually, by going in Settings, about, network, going in the list on the lower right side of the screen, and choosing register device....

Now when I go back into settings, and where my Wifi is, the slider to allow connections is off.

Why in the world would BlackBerry release an update that kicks the device off the Wifi network, and have the slider turn itself to the off position?

Fix this annoying bug BlackBerry. I have to register my device several times in a day alone, not to mention how many times I need to register it through a week !!!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:48 PM
    Had trouble all morning with my Z10. I kept wondering why the device wouldn't show the BlackBerry symbol in the top right corner, even after registering the device manually, by going in Settings, about, network, going in the list on the lower right side of the screen, and choosing register device....

Now when I go back into settings, and where my Wifi is, the slider to allow connections is off.

Why in the world would BlackBerry release an update that kicks the device off the Wifi network, and have the slider turn itself to the off position?

Fix this annoying bug BlackBerry. I have to register my device several times in a day alone, not to mention how many times I need to register it through a week !!!

If you have an "allow connections" toggle switch available (On mine it's called "Allow devices to connect"), then it sounds like you have the "hotspot" feature enabled.

Unless you want to have people connecting to the device to use its internet connection, that should be turned off.

I don't know why it would be defaulted on, never heard of that.

Who is your carrier and what is the OS version? (Settings/About/OS)
    03-02-14 05:24 PM
    Mine was giving me issues at work for 3 days and a little at home. Seems to be working like it should today.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:38 PM
    I never mentioned anything about hot spot. The issue is exactly as stated. The toggle was off, hence the non connection of Wifi.

This should not be off if the phone disconnects, nor should it disconnect to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:42 PM

Care to post a Screenshot of this slider to "allow connections(?)". I don't know what you're referring to.

There is a toggle to turn wifi on and off.

Are you talking about "enable connections" toggle on each individual network?

I had this issue on older os versions, where if my route was acting up the connection would become disabled. Haven't had it happen on many months tho
    03-02-14 10:33 PM
    Yes, enable connections is what I meant...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:06 PM