I have a Z10 (STL 100-4) with OS v10.0.9.422, and I have a problem where I keep losing data network connectivity. Once connecvitity is lost, I get a "No Internet Connection" message in my browser, and any other application that tries to use the network times out. Making/receiving phone calls still works great, though. I'm in the US on Verizon, and I have full signal strength even when this occurs, if that affects things.

It's worth noting that appears to be goth 4G and Wifi connectivity - though my wifi is generally enabled, if I disable it once this issue occurs, I still can't use the network at all. Turning the cell data services off and on again doesn't make any difference (same for wifi), but attempting to put the phone into airplane mode just hangs the phone at a spinning circle that says "Turning off radios..." but never finishes - if I try to swipe up from the bottom to go into task switcher, it doesn't leave the "turning off radios" screen. If I ignore that there's no network connection and just continue to use my phone, everything else seems to work great - games, other apps, whatever - I just can't even open app world. Of note, the data connection says "4gLTE" rather than "4GLTE", and some people have suggested that the little "g" means it can't get a data connection.

When this issue occurs, I generally don't notice that I've lost network connectivity right away (I just stop getting email and push notifications), but two other things also start to happen at the same time:

- On opening Blackberry app world, it immediately crashes. I see the application for about 1/8th second, then it's gone. If it's already open, it crashes as soon I go into the task switcher - before I even click on it - but it won't crash until I go onto the task switch screen.
    - Attempting to open email from the hub doesn't work. I can view the account and email message list, but when I click on a message, it highlights like it's going to open, and then just fades and doesn't open. This happens for both my Gmail and BES/Activesync email account.

Any thoughts? A reboot will always fix the problem, and it happened a few times a week until today, but I just rebooted my phone for the third time today, so I thought I'd come here to ask. Thanks for any help you might have!
    Last edited by rwmnau; 05-13-13 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added some detail
    05-13-13 01:54 PM
    I would suggest wiping the device and trying a 10.1 leaked variant, if nothing else, to rule out a software problem.
    05-13-13 02:11 PM
    I was considering that - I saw that there a few leaks out now. Looks like some carriers are planning to roll 10.1 this week, but who knows how far Verizon will be behind the rest - if I stay fed up for more than a day or two without a resolution, I'll probably go that route.
    05-13-13 04:38 PM
    My old one did this and I would lose all connections. I did everything possible and finally had to return my Z10. Got a new one and have not had any of these issues. Thankfully I pay the insurance and they sent me a new one to swap straight away.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:44 PM
    I have the same exact problem as the OP. About 2-3 times per day I'll pick up my phone, start using it, then realize I have no data. Messages in the hub don't display when I click on them, and the browser says "No Internet Connection."

The weird thing is that it didn't happen in the first week or so of owning the phone. It started happening over the weekend and now is a very consistent problem.

I'm not too keen on installing the leak, nor thrilled about waiting for Verizon to roll it out, but I guess that's the logical thing to do?
    05-14-13 07:12 AM
    I had the same issue on my vzw z10, after installing the latest leak this issue and other issues were completely resolved

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-805185/

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:40 AM
    I have the same exact problem as the OP. About 2-3 times per day I'll pick up my phone, start using it, then realize I have no data. Messages in the hub don't display when I click on them, and the browser says "No Internet Connection."

The weird thing is that it didn't happen in the first week or so of owning the phone. It started happening over the weekend and now is a very consistent problem.

I'm not too keen on installing the leak, nor thrilled about waiting for Verizon to roll it out, but I guess that's the logical thing to do?
    It sounds like you're having the EXACT same problem I am - bizarre symptoms and all. I'm considering installing the leak on my phone, but can't today as I don't have my cable with me. I used to install hybrids on my OS5 device, so I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant to install an unmodified leak on my BB10, but that might be the next logical step (given that we have no idea what Verizon's timeline is).
    05-14-13 11:19 AM
    It looks like Blackberry made the GA announcement today that 10.1 is available for the Z10, but let's see how long it takes the carriers to roll it out. Considering my Verizon Z10 is still running 10.0.9.422, and they never deployed the 10.0.10.X branch at all, I'm not hopeful for a release any time soon.

It looks like it's possible to force your Z10 to update to the current version of the software, but I suspect Verizon might block it - I'll give it a try and let everybody know what happens, though:

How to get the latest BlackBerry 10 software on your Z10 even if your carrier hasn't pushed out the update | CrackBerry.com
    05-14-13 12:02 PM
    Friday afternoon, I installed the 10.1.0.1756 leak and no network lockup issues since then. I like the new OS - I don't see a ton of feature difference, although the edit circle (to go back and correct a typing mistake) is loads easier to use now, and the predictive text seems a bit smarter as well.

I do have some minor wonkiness with selecting and deleting multiple emails, but that's not too big a deal - if they don't delete in bulk on the first attempt, I'll just attempt to delete them again and it works the second time. All in all, I'd call it a win
    05-20-13 12:01 PM
    Is there any possibility this has to do with the hardware of certain individual models? I made a fresh install to my phone (I'm on the 10.1.0.1756 leak with Verizon). I didn't use BlackBerry Link to import anything, and I'm still having issues.

I'm about to take my device in and ask for a replacement.
    05-21-13 12:30 PM
    I haven't had this occur since installing the same leak you have last Friday, so it may be something on your physical phone - I've seen reports not exactly like mine, but similar, and it's been resolved with new hardware.

In any case, if you're still seeing issues after trying to leak, I'd try replacing the device. Though it should go without saying, you should probably flash your device back to the current OS before you return it, lest you be accused of breaking it by doing something unsupported
    abran770 likes this.
    05-21-13 01:42 PM
    i have the same problems, like you say a re boot will always fix it but it shouldn't have to be done.
    Yesterday 28th Jan 2014 i updated my software to v 10.2.1.537 but it still does it.
    The same problem occurred with my previous blackberry the 9900, i bought this z10 outright.............it liiks like im going to have to join the rest of the world and get an iphone, i really dont want to but......................
    01-29-14 08:11 AM
    Mine does it too. Does this mean there is no point sending it to be repaired

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:49 AM
    No issue here and been running for a few weeks using both G and N.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-29-14 08:54 AM
    i have the same problems, like you say a re boot will always fix it but it shouldn't have to be done.
    Yesterday 28th Jan 2014 i updated my software to v 10.2.1.537 but it still does it.
    The same problem occurred with my previous blackberry the 9900, i bought this z10 outright.............it liiks like im going to have to join the rest of the world and get an iphone, i really dont want to but......................
    Well, it sounds like your router. Right? I would first check to see if you have the latest router firmware. Then I would do a factory reset on your router. Is it a Netgear Router by any chance?
    01-29-14 09:01 AM