My Z10 has locked up three times in two days.
    Twice it was lock screen, but it was stretched out (the visible icons were all stretched) and could not be unlocked.
    Once it was on the Browser screen; all eight most recently used sites were shown, but it was locked up.

Pulled the battery out to resolve. Hoped we were past that.

Anyone else observed this?

Thank you.
    02-02-13 01:11 PM
    Nope.. not had any crashes
    random_n likes this.
    02-02-13 01:21 PM
    w00t

Phone locked up? Battery Pull? Thank GOD this software doesn't power nuclear stations or space stations where the risk of failure is too high... oh wait...
    malwayne66 and Ansovald like this.
    02-02-13 01:24 PM
    Mine's been perfect, best phone I have ever had
    02-02-13 01:48 PM
    You can probably reboot it with a button sequence like on the playbook.. No need for battery pull unless swapping batteries.

Keep in mind any electronic device can lock up, but I'm am certain bb10 locks up a small fraction less than bbos, just judging from the playbook's performance...
    02-02-13 02:28 PM
    Mine first locked up on lock screen when I first time connected to my laptop, did a battery pull..
    Secondly, today it got locked up in lock screen again while I tried to cut off incoming call, this time no battery pull, pressed the power button and restart option came
    I guess these are just few early bugs and nothing to be worried about, at least I am not
    02-02-13 03:48 PM
    w00t

Phone locked up? Battery Pull? Thank GOD this software doesn't power nuclear stations or space stations where the risk of failure is too high... oh wait...
    ...wow.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-02-13 03:59 PM
    It's VERY normal to have some bugs on a first release make no mistake about that.. they will be fixed though.

My gf's Galaxy Nexus was FAR from bugless when ICS 4.0 was released, but the bugs had been fixed.. and her device would just reboot randomly at the beginning.
    Same for iPhone.. bugs that get patched shortly after a release. It's just normal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 10:00 AM
    Guys, lock ups happen from time to time. Yes, it's a new OS but my S3 has locked up a good amount of times and had to pull the battery. My wife's IP4s has troubles also. Nature of the beast. It happens.
    02-03-13 10:07 AM
    Mind you, if we had android or ios behind our nuclear plants... Let's just say there wouldn't be such a thing...

Small glitches happen. To everything. Reboots can fix it all. And ****, dont we have to reboot androids and iphones all the time?? Or suffer from crazy *** lag.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    meganVee and jakie55 like this.
    02-03-13 10:32 AM
    All phones lockup. Get used to it and put the days of the flip phone behind you.
    02-03-13 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the guidance. I didn't realize that all phones needed to be rebooted. THis is obviously my first BlackBerry.

Oh wait, I've had almost everyone since the 950.

I was hoping this one was different.

And no, I don't have to pop the battery out and reset my Lumia 920.

Now, if anyone else WITH A Z10 has seen this, please join the fun. If you don't have a Z10, then thanks, but you are not helping.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-03-13 10:54 AM
    Thanks for the guidance. I didn't realize that all phones needed to be rebooted. THis is obviously my first BlackBerry.

Now, if anyone else WITH A Z10 has seen this, please join the fun. If you don't have a Z10, then thanks, but you are not helping.
    Its funny how the users are trying to help BUT you are being really rude. I suggest you smarten up a bit with the comments.. Everyone can join in and try and help. If you do zOT like it, then do not listen to them. No need to write rude comments like that. In the end, Everyone is trying to help u.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-03-13 11:18 AM
    OP, where did you get your Z10 and how does it work on ATT network?
    Assuming you're still in Jersey.
    02-03-13 11:28 AM
    OP, where did you get your Z10 and how does it work on ATT network?
    Assuming you're still in Jersey.
    He got it at the BlackBerry10NYC event. He was either part of the press there that day or had the good fortune (not for him apparently) of being one of the winners in the Twitter BlackBerry contest. I suspect the former. His most recent posting tend to tilt towards negative but I'll let everyone else scan through his previous postings. For the lazy:

Talks about his love of his Lumia 920.

Claims to have been a few feet away from Kevin's "shearing" all labeled it "big whoop".

Says he'll never own an iphone but then gives their app store a nice hand job.

Claims to have owned a BlackBerry since the 950 and then belittles anyone who questions him.

He also claims to have been at the "low energy" BlackBerry 10 NYC event.

I also suspect he might be one of the Ebay Z10 sellers. Quite a few of them from the NJ area. This is just a guess though.

It's unfortunate for BlackBerry to have people like you at their big events. I would have killed to attend that event...
    02-03-13 12:09 PM

This is nothing like your old BlackBerries. It doesnt require a batt pull for the same reasons. Instead, it locked up for the reasons all devices do but if the playbook is any indication, this is going to disappear fast, and almost for good..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 12:13 PM
    he was at the event as he stated many times. discuss the issue not the user please.
    mikeo007 and q649 like this.
    02-03-13 12:48 PM
    He got it at the BlackBerry10NYC event. He was either part of the press there that day or had the good fortune (not for him apparently) of being one of the winners in the Twitter BlackBerry contest. I suspect the former. His most recent posting tend to tilt towards negative but I'll let everyone else scan through his previous postings. For the lazy:

Talks about his love of his Lumia 920.

Claims to have been a few feet away from Kevin's "shearing" all labeled it "big whoop".

Says he'll never own an iphone but then gives their app store a nice hand job.

Claims to have owned a BlackBerry since the 950 and then belittles anyone who questions him.

He also claims to have been at the "low energy" BlackBerry 10 NYC event.

I also suspect he might be one of the Ebay Z10 sellers. Quite a few of them from the NJ area. This is just a guess though.

It's unfortunate for BlackBerry to have people like you at their big events. I would have killed to attend that event...
    You are wrong in virtually all of your guesses. I am not a member of the press or a Twit winner. I work for a very large user of BlackBerrys and they need to win back and keep our business. I am sure as a consumer you don't care about the US enterprise market. But they do.

I have never sold anything on eBay, so that guess is pathetically wrong too.
    I use the Apple app store for my iPad, the tablet that works for me. The PlayBook, which I've had since day one, is a disaster. Not here, of course. It's the best tablet that no one wants to use.
    I think you would have loved the NYC event. You may have even gotten a piece of Kevin's hair to carry around.

Don't be a schmuck. The Z10 is not ready yet. Perhaps one day when you get one, you will find that out.
    Last edited by njblackberry; 02-03-13 at 01:20 PM.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-03-13 01:06 PM
    Well that's dissapponting to hear - mine has been great, and I've been using the $*** out of it. Sideloading android apps, downloading like a mad man & testing every feature.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-03-13 01:18 PM
    Haven't sideloaded anything. Do you have a holster or case? This seems have occurred when I bring the Z10 out of the holster.
    Thanks.
    02-03-13 01:19 PM
    Mines not done that, been good so far! Apart from the fact it gets very hot! But that may just be the new battery settling coupled with all apps sorting themself out etc
    reidban likes this.
    02-03-13 01:20 PM
    Interesting - mine is cool as a cucumber. What are you running (foreground or background) when it gets hot?
    02-03-13 01:21 PM
    Well remind me Sir when was there a time when a new OS was introduced with 100% Perfection? Even still Android and iOS updates always come with bugs!! If they cannot do it perfectly after being in market for years then how on earth are you expecting BlackBerry to do miracle? I'm using my Z10 for 5 days now and I haven't found anything which will make me say that it's impossible to use Z10 as my regular phone, unless I want it to cook my meals and do my laundry i know you have right of having an opinion and no one is taking that away from you but among thousands of people who got BlackBerry how come you're the only one saying it's not ready? Yes everyone, including myself, is pointing out issues out so BlackBerry can improve on our feedback but please sell your BlackBerry to someone who is ready to accept it with knowing all the issues so far pointed out and be a helping hand to BlackBerry by giving suggestions to company rather than misleading new users like you
    meganVee and jakie55 like this.
    02-03-13 01:26 PM
    Oh my... This isn't a discussion about perfect OS 1.0 launches.
    I asked if anyone else has had lockups on the Z10s.
    02-03-13 01:30 PM
    Haven't sideloaded anything. Do you have a holster or case? This seems have occurred when I bring the Z10 out of the holster.
    Thanks.
    i used to get this issue when i had my 9900s memory sweeping set so when i would remove it fro mthe holster it does a memory sweep, once i disabled this it stopped lagging and acting up, i'm not sure if BB10 has this sort of feature in it but if it does this could be a possibility
    02-03-13 01:30 PM
53 123