After some recent app updates this week, I noticed my Location Service wont turn off.
    I've gone into Settings>Location Services and toggled everything to off. Although the sliders remain in the off position (even after a reboot), I noticed the Location notifier stays in the upper left of my display -see screen shot below.
    I've also gone thru permissions for the apps that were updated and disabled both types of location where necessary.
    As a last resort, I deleted the apps that had updated. And still, the location icon remains... wth??

Z10 Location Service Wont Turn Off?-gps.jpg

Has anyone else seen this yet? Or found what's causing it?
    05-04-13 12:31 PM
    After some recent app updates this week, I noticed my Location Service wont turn off.
    I've gone into Settings>Location Services and toggled everything to off. Although the sliders remain in the off position (even after a reboot), I noticed the Location notifier stays in the upper left of my display -see screen shot below.
    I've also gone thru permissions for the apps that were updated and disabled both types of location where necessary.
    As a last resort, I deleted the apps that had updated. And still, the location icon remains... wth??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPS.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	158058

Has anyone else seen this yet? Or found what's causing it?
    Tried a battery pull?
    05-04-13 12:32 PM
    Did you install Poynt?

Posted via CB10
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    05-04-13 12:44 PM
    Did you install Poynt?

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue, removed poynt, and it fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    05-04-13 12:56 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday. I tried rebooting twice and after both times location turned on by itself. If you have Poynt installed, try uninstalling it. After having location running all night, I did that it and it went away almost instantly.
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    05-04-13 12:56 PM
    Tried a battery pull?
    Yes, I thought would do it too, but no luck.

Did you install Poynt?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, yes. I forgot about that! I'll take a look at it next. Did you see this issue too?
    05-04-13 01:00 PM
    Poynt was the culprit. Thank you everyone for your quick responses!
    ryankidd17 likes this.
    05-04-13 01:03 PM
    Mine went away after I set my location and weather units in Poynt. Others say It didn't help.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:14 PM
    Mine went away after I set my location and weather units in Poynt. Others say It didn't help.

Posted via CB10
    Actually you are right. Mine did go away when I selected the units within Poynt. No need to uninstall such a great app.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:18 PM
    There no need to un install just open poynt wait for it to load then long then long press to exit and location services will turn off soon thereafter

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:20 PM
    I had initially set the units and had it find my location. But still had the issue -which uninstalling fixed.

After seeing some of the responses here, I decided to reinstall it again just to do some testing. I then set the units for weather and clicked locate again (it took a while to find my location, but finally did). This time the location notifier went away shortly after closing Poynt. So it seems to be working again.

Thanks again everyone!!
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-04-13 02:42 PM
    had this same issue,never thought it was poynt doing it,lol.followed what everyone else did and it finally went off.did a battery pull lastnihgt to get it to turn off and didn't use any location based apps untill i could figure out what was kicking it on.
    05-04-13 05:36 PM
    I had initially set the units and had it find my location. But still had the issue -which uninstalling fixed.

After seeing some of the responses here, I decided to reinstall it again just to do some testing. I then set the units for weather and clicked locate again (it took a while to find my location, but finally did). This time the location notifier went away shortly after closing Poynt. So it seems to be working again.

Thanks again everyone!!
    I reinstalled Poynt and set the units of measurement for both distance and temperature. After closing it the location indicator did hang for a while before finally going away, but so far it hasn't returned. I love this app so, hopefully, this won't be a problem anymore.
    05-04-13 05:44 PM