I need help!!! My phone has been freezing up on me and now my location sign wont go off if I'm not using any location services. How do I get rid of it?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:41 AM
    Have you done a reboot?
    05-08-13 04:19 AM
    Yes, it's still there.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:58 AM
    Do you have foursquare installed? GPS on that can sometimes get stuck but usually a reboot fixes it. Try deleting it and rebooting and see if it disappears, then reinstall it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:08 AM
    Nope it doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:30 AM
    You can turn location services off by going settings > location services > location services off. I guess that's not an ideal solution but will turn it off for now until you can fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:53 AM
    Do you have Poynt installed? If so, delete it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:49 AM
    Yup deleted the app and it went away. Thanks guys for all your help!!!!

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-08-13 12:55 PM
    If you really need the Poynt app installed, most users say the weather function within the app is a culprit, and that disabling the weather in app via the settings solves the problem in most cases. Personally I just deleted it because I don't use it much anyways, but if you feel you really need it it's worth a try .

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:35 PM
    I have Poynt installed from BlackBerry World, with Weather turned on. I also have Location Services turned on for my Z10. I don't have this issue. I find that the location icon goes away within a minute of closing Poynt, but this is the same for Maps, Foursquare and facebook when I check-in to a location.

I have had Traffic Data Collection and Location-based Ads turned off within the Location Services since I got the Z10 though, not sure if this may help.
    05-08-13 01:46 PM
    There's been a lot of these issues. I wonder if it's BlackBerry starting to release their software update.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:13 PM
    I have Poynt installed from BlackBerry World, with Weather turned on. I also have Location Services turned on for my Z10. I don't have this issue. I find that the location icon goes away within a minute of closing Poynt, but this is the same for Maps, Foursquare and facebook when I check-in to a location.

I have had Traffic Data Collection and Location-based Ads turned off within the Location Services since I got the Z10 though, not sure if this may help.
    The problem usually arises when one reboots the phone. Or when it randomly reboots lol. Then we're required to open and close the app afterward to kill the location process. Unfortunately it didn't work for me this morning, and since the phone does suffer random reboots, it may be looking for location for a while thus draining the battery if the user is say, in a university class that lasts 2 hours while it happens. Just one example.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:48 PM
    I didn't want to start a new thread but found this to be related. I've been excited that I've gone a full 8 days w/o a random reboot. After last night being at the movies, I noticed FourSquare wouldn't open (I assume it was looking for my location) and I have BeWeather set to show the current temp in the city I am and also noticed it was just saying "Updating..." As I knew a reboot would help, I really wanted to see how long I could go w/o a reboot (8 days being my longest).

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:31 AM