As with everyone i had issues with z10 backup via bb link running on win 8 64x. I originally backed up successfully in march and the only thing i changed was to sign in via blackberry id on bb link. I signed out remained signed out ran backup which completed successfully. It may be when signed in via bb id it is remotely doing something with the cloud which conflicts either way loggin out on bb link from bb id then backing up worked
    08-03-13 07:38 AM
    It looks like the problem for me was the Yahoo! Mail app that I had side-loaded. Several failed attempts until I deleted it.
    08-10-13 12:24 AM
    I just found this thread and tried doing a backup while signed out of BBID on BB Link, and it worked! First successful backup since February 5.
    08-25-13 10:32 AM
    I have the same problems, tried all the solutions and the same thing happens? Why is BlackBerry so stingy with their instructions and support?
    09-11-13 08:51 PM
    Struggled all afternoon. Kept getting the backup error. Which for me wouldn't do a full backup, or a custom backup. When I chose custom backup NO OPTIONS UNDERNEATH FOR DATA, MEDIA, ETC. appeared but the yellow error message said "you chose a custom backup but didn't select any categories to back up" WEIRD!!

Everything had been working fine even with leaked OS 10.2. However, I realized today that a few hours ago I uninstalled Desktop Manager for 7.1 and earlier devices since I don't use it anymore (I do this for my company and I've migrated everyone to Z10's). It was only after uninstalled DM that I started having the problems.

So I reinstalled DM manager - the latest version that was available and stored on my server. As soon as I did that - THE BACKUP STARTED WORKING AGAIN - just like normal. Odd but true.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-13 04:06 PM
    Depending upon what you want to backup, you might be better of with Fire Chest Backup. It's free in BB World.
    10-03-13 12:10 PM
    I have this issue intermittently, it usually works after a battery pull (don't open anything on z10) and a clean restart of my windows 8 laptop. Also, use one of the usb 2.0 ports instead of 3 i.e. not the port with blue thingy in it.

good luck and have patience, i love my z10!
    10-05-13 12:12 PM
    Hi, newbie here. Had the Z10 for a couple of months and have needed to use this forum a couple of times to fix things.
    Set up Blackberry link a month or so ago and backed up, came back to back up again and had same troubles as above. Followed this and other advice, turned on flight mode and failed, but then turned off wifi too and for some reason it worked. Although it did take 3 attempts as the laptop's screensaver mode halted the baqckup and it therefore failed. Third time, I babysat it through, took about half an hour. Now to get the new BB update and hope it doesn't lose everything like it did last time!
    12-09-13 02:20 PM
    Airplane Mode worked well for custom back up.
    03-19-14 05:17 AM
    I spent many hours trying to figure out this problem and nothing worked so I went ahead and just performed a security wipe without backing up my data. I was experiencing a strange issue where during a phone call I can hear people but they can't hear me unless I turn on speakerphone. It was more important for me to fix that issue than back up my data. I backup up my media files at least (via Windows Explorer, not BlackBerry Link), so not all was lost.
    02-28-15 02:23 PM
110 ... 345