by the way, I just tried deleteing DTM and emptying the recycling bin with airplane mode on and off...still doesnt work.
    02-12-13 10:13 AM
    Same for me here. I can't backup my Z10, full backup gives me the "backup did not complete" message and when I try a partial one it tells me that there is no data to back up... And although Link sees my data for my Playbook it gives me the same error when I try a partial backup (Apps and settings).

I uninstalled DM and Link and re-installed Link, tried airplane mode, nothing seems to work...

I guess we'll have to hope we don't need to security swipe our devices until they figure out what's wrong with Link!
    02-12-13 11:41 AM
    I am also getting the "backup did not complete" using BB Link on Windows 8 platform. One interesting detail is that the "Select data to include in your backup files" option claims that there is "No data available for backup". I have music and documents on the Z10 so I know this is not true. If anyone is able to backup their z10 - could you please let us know what platform you are working with and anything else that you might have done differently. Thanx
    It's not so much the issue of backing up music and documents. Music, photos, videos and documents seem to sync back and forth with a computer either wirelessly or through USB whenever Blackberry Link is on. And contacts and calendar sync with email/social media accounts. And one can always re-install purchased apps (but it's a pain). What's most bothersome for me are the personalized settings that one establishes on a phone that you really need to back up. Re-establishing those are really time-consuming. I know people who have successfully backed up their phones. I hear an updated Blackberry Link is on the way.
    thoughtfulreader likes this.
    02-13-13 01:39 AM
    I'm having the same issues as everyone in this thread. I have tried virtually everything suggested so far in this thread and nothing seems to work. I wonder if anyone has actually been able to successfully back up their Z10 using Link. This problem needs to be fixed asap as someone has pointed out earlier, I have spent a lot of time customizing my phone and it would be a shame if I lost all my personal options.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 06:13 AM
    Just tried do this and it didnt work
    02-13-13 10:51 AM
    Doesn't help all you guys having problems, but my backup still working ok using steps earlier in the thread and by turning on aircraft mode (turns off all radios) I'm on windows 8 pro 64bit.
    02-13-13 02:32 PM
    I as well cannot backup.. I deleted DTM and reinstalled BL and rebooted.. For the Device I put it on Airplane mode. I decided to Backup one by one.
    Media - No issues.
    Settings - No issues.
    Application Data - 'BACKUP DID NOT COMPLETE' message.

So it's something to do with the Application Data in my Z10. I've downloaded a number of apps already so who knows what's causing this error.

We need BB to investigate as a number of people are having issues. I've created a Log File in BL so that I can send the Log to BB. Anyone know who and where I should send it?
    02-13-13 08:17 PM
    I as well cannot backup.. I deleted DTM and reinstalled BL and rebooted.. For the Device I put it on Airplane mode. I decided to Backup one by one.
    Media - No issues.
    Settings - No issues.
    Application Data - 'BACKUP DID NOT COMPLETE' message.

So it's something to do with the Application Data in my Z10. I've downloaded a number of apps already so who knows what's causing this error.

We need BB to investigate as a number of people are having issues. I've created a Log File in BL so that I can send the Log to BB. Anyone know who and where I should send it?
    First line support is usually you phone provider, or if you are on a company BES your support team. They will do a certain amountbof troubleshooting with you and when/If they can't resolve they open a support ticket with BlackBerry.
    02-13-13 08:23 PM
    First line support is usually you phone provider, or if you are on a company BES your support team. They will do a certain amountbof troubleshooting with you and when/If they can't resolve they open a support ticket with BlackBerry.
    Okay thanks for the info djenkins6!
    02-13-13 08:31 PM
    FIXED!!!! I called my service provider - BELL MOBILITY - who are great. They immediatelyl put me through to BLACKBERRY SUPPORT and they worked with me to get my phone problem resolved. The reason why the BB10 will not back-up properly is due to corrupt software being transferred from your old device. I sent BB my old backup - they REPAIRED the files and sent back and presto - all up and working and PERFECT. The customer service at Blackberry was astounding and I am SO impressed. Give them a call and they can help! It's worth it! Once the phones are running properly they are great and you won't be sorry you upgraded :-)

PS Corrupt data is also the reason the transfers are not working properly!
    02-13-13 10:42 PM
    I too can not get my z10 to back up fully. I did get it to partially back up by just selecting settings after that backed up I then I backed up the media but it will NOT back up the application data. I have the phone in airplane mode, dont know if that really made a difference or not.
    I hope RIM/Blackberry can come up with updates soon to fix all issues with this phone.
    02-15-13 08:08 PM
    I too can not get my z10 to back up fully. I did get it to partially back up by just selecting settings after that backed up I then I backed up the media but it will NOT back up the application data. I have the phone in airplane mode, dont know if that really made a difference or not.
    I hope RIM/Blackberry can come up with updates soon to fix all issues with this phone.
    Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!

Per the reply just above yours, BlackBerry support personnel can help you with this issue. Please call your carrier's toll-free number, select technical support, explain that this is a BlackBerry Z10 backup issue and your carrier's tech support department should get you in touch with BlackBerry. BlackBerry should help you resolve as per above.
    02-15-13 08:19 PM
    Mine wont backup and when i went through the phone, I found out BB protect wasn't on, so I turned it on and, it tells me to log into BB world ID, so I did it and then it said again VERIFY BBID, so I did it once more and it keeps asking me to verify.. WTH.
    My BB world is working but when I try to buy something the window pops up then disapears.
    something is up.
    been really pleased with this phone but now this is buggin me.
    02-17-13 10:57 AM
    FIXED!!!! I called my service provider - BELL MOBILITY - who are great. They immediatelyl put me through to BLACKBERRY SUPPORT and they worked with me to get my phone problem resolved. The reason why the BB10 will not back-up properly is due to corrupt software being transferred from your old device. I sent BB my old backup - they REPAIRED the files and sent back and presto - all up and working and PERFECT. The customer service at Blackberry was astounding and I am SO impressed. Give them a call and they can help! It's worth it! Once the phones are running properly they are great and you won't be sorry you upgraded :-)

PS Corrupt data is also the reason the transfers are not working properly!
    ROGERS (My service provider) has offered no free support and they have wanted to charge me to help me with this same issue of fixing the corrupt data.

Where can I get this corrupt data fixed without having to pay an extra fee for it? Any other ideas?
    02-17-13 12:51 PM
    No issues here I have blink and the older desktop manager installed I never setup to open when device connects, that maybe pals issue, but I can back up my z10 and playbook np's.

Only had playbook error due to side loaded apps certain ones will give you the error, so if you have any side loaded apps uninstall one at a time to see which is causing the issue.

On playbook it was Lcd Color testing apps to fond any dead pixels that caused my error.

Posted Via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-17-13 01:12 PM
    ROGERS (My service provider) has offered no free support and they have wanted to charge me to help me with this same issue of fixing the corrupt data.

Where can I get this corrupt data fixed without having to pay an extra fee for it? Any other ideas?
    You shouldn't have to pay an extra fee. Can you direct message @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter?
    bojo90 likes this.
    02-17-13 01:18 PM
    Mine wont backup and when i went through the phone, I found out BB protect wasn't on, so I turned it on and, it tells me to log into BB world ID, so I did it and then it said again VERIFY BBID, so I did it once more and it keeps asking me to verify.. WTH.
    My BB world is working but when I try to buy something the window pops up then disapears.
    something is up.
    been really pleased with this phone but now this is buggin me.
    This is a common issue, unfortunately. Can you try changing your BlackBerry ID password? That should fix the verification prompts if you've already verified you'd email address.
    02-17-13 01:20 PM
    What if I haven't transferred data from my old phone? I didn't and I'm still getting this problem.
    02-17-13 01:25 PM
    What if I haven't transferred data from my old phone? I didn't and I'm still getting this problem.
    Then your problem is not occurring for the same reason. Most likely you have a problem because of apps. You can still try getting help from BlackBerry by filing a ticket. You must start by calling your carrier.
    02-17-13 01:50 PM
    Finally figured out why I couldn't backup, it was Google Talk app causing the issue. As soon as I deleted the Google Talk app, backup thru Link worked
    02-19-13 09:04 PM
    More to this than meets the eye.

I have experienced the same error on two different Macs running the latest Mountain Lion. I did not previously have a BlackBerry so no corrupt data transfer issues. I'm with Rogers, but I skipped calling them because I expected this would be far beyond their abilities to troubleshoot.

I called BlackBerry support directly with this and another issue. Despite what the front line agent warned in the beginning, they did not charge me for the ticket. They are clearly committed to making BB10 work!

I've been back and forth with support in Waterloo. They've taken logs several times from the Z10 and the Macs. They're working through it. On a happy note, they were able to verify the root cause of the other issue (iCloud calendar sync problems) and a fix will come out in the next maintenance update of BB10. But still not luck on the Backup failure issue. Though I do also get a 'Communication Failure' error, despite the fact that media can sync fine.

Best thing to do is to open a ticket with BlackBerry support. The more voices on the same issue, the more resources get assigned to it. And the more sources of data they have, the sooner they can solve the problem.
    thoughtfulreader likes this.
    02-19-13 10:55 PM
    I have no issues with backing up the Z10 or Playbook.
    02-19-13 10:57 PM
    Finally figured out why I couldn't backup, it was Google Talk app causing the issue. As soon as I deleted the Google Talk app, backup thru Link worked
    I'll preface by saying I did a Update BlackBerry Link and the OS10 Software Update (although the update was not an update since I still have the same OS ver. 10.0.9.348).

Thanks Seahawks7 for this info...On top of the update I did above I also deleted "Maps Search Free" app (its the only other Google related app I have)...and now I have Backed up.

More to this than meets the eye.

I have experienced the same error on two different Macs running the latest Mountain Lion. I did not previously have a BlackBerry so no corrupt data transfer issues. I'm with Rogers, but I skipped calling them because I expected this would be far beyond their abilities to troubleshoot.

I called BlackBerry support directly with this and another issue. Despite what the front line agent warned in the beginning, they did not charge me for the ticket. They are clearly committed to making BB10 work!

I've been back and forth with support in Waterloo. They've taken logs several times from the Z10 and the Macs. They're working through it. On a happy note, they were able to verify the root cause of the other issue (iCloud calendar sync problems) and a fix will come out in the next maintenance update of BB10. But still not luck on the Backup failure issue. Though I do also get a 'Communication Failure' error, despite the fact that media can sync fine.

Best thing to do is to open a ticket with BlackBerry support. The more voices on the same issue, the more resources get assigned to it. And the more sources of data they have, the sooner they can solve the problem.
    Great idea RoverSpitfire for contacting BB support...can I ask how did you contact them? (what number or e-mail). Thanks.

Thanks.
    02-20-13 02:34 AM
    I had a 2hour conversation with blackberry support after my service provider (Vodafone) told me they couldn't help me with the backup issue. Apparently this is a raised issue that they are aware of, I sent the guy my logs and he said blackberry are working on a solution to the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 03:56 AM
    Then your problem is not occurring for the same reason. Most likely you have a problem because of apps. You can still try getting help from BlackBerry by filing a ticket. You must start by calling your carrier.
    Turned out to be World of Goo. I've advised 2Dboy of the situation. For anyone having problems and have this game installed, try uninstalling it and then backup again.
    02-20-13 06:51 AM
110 1234 ...