Alright I don't really have any complaints here but I just need some clarification on how my Z10 is accessible through wifi. Maybe some of you could try it out as well.

Whenever I connect my phone to my computer via usb cable. Link will start and it will prompt me for a password of my phone. Once I enter my password, my SD and Internal storage shows up under My Computer. Now I can simply drag and drop any files.

What I've realized is after I unplug my phone, I can still access my device as it will do it over wifi now. I believe the reason for this I have the "Turn on wireless connections to my computer" enabled in Link. This is great and all.

So now my question is...

What's the point of "Access using wifi"?
    I normally have this off, but only enabled it right now to see what it does.

So I'm on the computer, go to network and don't see my phone listed anywhere.

Z10 to Link-img_20140405_122523.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:26 AM
    It enables wireless file transfer and, therefore, eases it. No wires are necessary. I generally only connect my z10 to my computer with a usb cable to backup using Link or maybe to sideload a bar file (although, even that can be done wirelessly using Chrome and the Playbook App manager).

And, yes, if I try connecting after a certain period of time, I"m also asked for a Password (different password than my phone's turn-on password) so it is not as if it really opens my phones' files to outside access.
    vgorous likes this.
    04-05-14 12:06 PM
    It enables wireless file transfer and, therefore, eases it. No wires are necessary. I generally only connect my z10 to my computer with a usb cable to backup using Link or maybe to sideload a bar file (although, even that can be done wirelessly using Chrome and the Playbook App manager).

And, yes, if I try connecting after a certain period of time, I"m also asked for a Password (different password than my phone's turn-on password) so it is not as if it really opens my phones' files to outside access.
    Thanks, I get the wireless part haha.

Where would I view this? It said it should appear in my network connections as "BlackBerry" or whatever I name my phone. But I don't see it.

When you enable this, you are asked to enter a password. Once it's enabled, you can also see other information to connect to it. See pic.

Z10 to Link-img_20140405_142102.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 01:22 PM
    I use a Windows Shortcut that uses the IP address to open the z10's two drives, Internal Memory and SD Card

\\192.168.1.66

That is MY ip address.

I think you can also enter that into the Windows Start Menu (icon on lower left in Windows (other than 8)
    04-05-14 02:41 PM
    Ahh anyway it finally showed up under my network connections as a computer. It will then prompt me for username and password. I guess this feature is useful for people who wants to access your files on your BlackBerry who are all in the same network but doesn't have Link installed.

Aside from that...
    I just wanna say the new Link is pretty badass. Whenever I'm in my house, within wifi range, my computer will sense my BlackBerry and it will automatically show up under "My Computer" as Y and Z drives.

Just loving this phone.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-06-14 10:36 PM