So I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with there Z10. So I Texted Message myself via another phone. The LED Indicator starts to blink indicating that I have a message. I didn't open up my phone to retieve the message; I let it continue to blink. Not sure how long but about 10 minutes later (or more), the LED stops blinking. The reason why I did this test is b/c a friend text me yesterday and he asked why I never responded. I told him I never got a message. After opening up the phone, I realized that there was a message from him. I had no idea b/c the LED was not blinking. I thought it was just a one-off and won't happen again. I've confirmed that the LED is ON under "Notifications". Don't know if this is a bug in the Z10..

Anyone else having this issue or has a solution? It appears when the z10 goes into Lock mode (i've put a password on my phone), this is when the LED stops blinking...
    02-13-13 02:11 PM
    So I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with there Z10. So I Texted Message myself via another phone. The LED Indicator starts to blink indicating that I have a message. I didn't open up my phone to retieve the message; I let it continue to blink. Not sure how long but about 10 minutes later (or more), the LED stops blinking. The reason why I did this test is b/c a friend text me yesterday and he asked why I never responded. I told him I never got a message. After opening up the phone, I realized that there was a message from him. I had no idea b/c the LED was not blinking. I thought it was just a one-off and won't happen again. I've confirmed that the LED is ON under "Notifications". Don't know if this is a bug in the Z10..

Anyone else having this issue or has a solution? It appears when the z10 goes into Lock mode (i've put a password on my phone), this is when the LED stops blinking...
    On OS7, I think the default is 15 minutes, then it stops blinking. Maybe someone can confirm that. Possibly BB10 is reproducing that behavior.
    02-13-13 02:15 PM
    I would think that Blackberry would have the Z10 do the same as the older devices. It will take an app to control how long the LED is to blink after a message or email.
    02-13-13 02:16 PM
    From what I remember its always been 15 minutes.
    02-13-13 02:17 PM
    it stops blinking after 10 minutes or less yes.
    can't wait for an app to be able to customize the blinking time/color.
    02-13-13 02:20 PM
    Thanks everyone.!! I had no idea there was a timeout for the LED. I was using bebuzz on my old bold which blinked until you look at the message.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 04:25 PM
    Really? My 9800 blinks quickly for a few minutes and then slows down, but it never stops blinking until I actually check a message. So the newer version doesn't do this anymore?
    Last edited by ToddOddity; 02-14-13 at 11:03 AM.
    02-14-13 10:51 AM
    My BlackBerry 9700 definitely stops blinking after 10 or 15 minutes. Those of you who said that yours never stopped blinking - could it be that a new message came in and prolonged the blinking?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 10:53 AM
    Nope - I'm not that popular. haha It's a much slower blink cycle, but it definitely continues.
    02-14-13 11:06 AM