Z10: Are there settings in which u can change the LED colour and the frequency of which its blinking?

Is the white Z10 more vulnerable to fingerprints than the black ?
    07-28-13 08:07 AM
    Z10: Are there settings in which u can change the LED colour and the frequency of which its blinking?

Is the white Z10 more vulnerable to fingerprints than the black ?
    Hi and welcome to CrackBErry!!!
    I have the white z 10 and you can't see any fingerprints at all. The device has a textured back and is not a completely flat surface. The screen, of course, will show fingerprints as you swipe and type.

There are a few settings that you can change for the led blinking.
    But I have never looked to see if you can change color. I use BeBuzz or Hub++ to do that job. I turn off all notifications on the phone and set up my app (BeBuzz currently) to blink all diff colors for every situation possible.
    07-28-13 08:21 AM
    So far there is only 3rd party apps for this sorry. Hopefully next update.

Posted via CB10 On my Zed
    07-28-13 09:01 AM
    for led colour changes it has always been 3rd party apps i doubt they will ever give you a native app from blackberry to change the colour of the led best looking into 3rd party apps otherwise you'll be waiting for rain in a desert as to speak
    poiznberry likes this.
    07-28-13 09:12 AM
    Yeah, they has released a device with multi-color LED just to let some 3rd party apps make use of it... rings the bell?
    08-05-13 09:21 PM
    The catch with the third party led apps is you can never close them. They have to stay open in your recent app area in order to work. But I read that one of the many features coming with 10.2 it the ability for an app to gain more access so that when it's closed it will still run in the background. That's a feature I'm quite excited about. I'm to much of a neat freak to let apps sit. I have to X them out lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 12:21 AM
    The catch with the third party led apps is you can never close them. They have to stay open in your recent app area in order to work. But I read that one of the many features coming with 10.2 it the ability for an app to gain more access so that when it's closed it will still run in the background. That's a feature I'm quite excited about. I'm to much of a neat freak to let apps sit. I have to X them out lol.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, as a feature that never comes... one of the most awaited features still not present in latest leaks, God knows if it really gonna happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:09 AM
    I find it even funnier that the app, Blackberry Virtual Expert, which was developed by Research in Motion, has a test for the various colours.

So why not give us the option to use them then?

Z10 LED colour change?-img_00000263.jpg
    08-13-13 09:05 AM
    Did it every occur to any of you that it may be coming in a future release ?
    Many new features are being added with every new release.

Geezzzzzzz, whine, whine, whine, heheheheeh

Fred
    08-13-13 09:10 AM
    The led was an option you could turn on for network light since the early blackberry phones, not sure why they took it out.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:46 AM
    Did it every occur to any of you that it may be coming in a future release ?
    Many new features are being added with every new release.

Geezzzzzzz, whine, whine, whine, heheheheeh

Fred
    Lol!!! Okay so when will you'd say it will be released? There's any ETA? Some magic ball maybe? Or just wait till it happens as an act of God? Lmfao.
    Funniest argument ever. If it lacks, just sit an wait, it might be coming. Great.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:35 AM
    Dude,
    What did you think your options are ?
    Simply 2 right now:
    1 - Load a 3rd party app
    2 - Wait for it to be included in a future release.

Whining ( ), about it here is not going to make #2 happen any faster.
    Hehehe

Fred

Lol!!! Okay so when will you'd say it will be released? There's any ETA? Some magic ball maybe? Or just wait till it happens as an act of God? Lmfao.
    Funniest argument ever. If it lacks, just sit an wait, it might be coming. Great.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:21 PM
    BeBuzz pro customize it however

Z10 LED colour change?-img_20130891.png

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-13-13 01:36 PM
    but doesn't it have to be in active frames to work? Once you close it are you back to your original red LED?
    08-13-13 01:48 PM
    but doesn't it have to be in active frames to work? Once you close it are you back to your original red LED?
    Yes once it's closed and (x'ed) out the app will no longer control led. But if you can keep it in active frames then your good to go

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:55 PM
    Yup. I use it but it's a PIA.

Next we'll hear it's coming with 10.2 and Headless apps. Blah, blah blah.

The point is, if coloured leds are available, then why not just include it?

Why should anyone have to pay $3 to get coloured leds on a $600 phone?
    Last edited by frfghtr; 08-13-13 at 02:12 PM.
    poiznberry likes this.
    08-13-13 01:58 PM