So, I work with teens. Yesterday I had my Z10 on the table in front of me just as they were arriving at my center after school.

They installed themselves on the couches, PS3 remotes in hand before their butts even touched the cushions. One of them suddenly shouts (because he's a teen, and attention starved, and technically not a fully formed human yet):

"OMG (he actually said the letters), is that the new Z10?! Why does EVERYBODY have that now?!" (not sure which circles this kid swims in, but that may have been an exaggeration on "I've heard about it!")

Anyway that got the rest of them buzzing and making noises, I distinctly heard a "Snap", and a "Swag", and a "Reach" (their way of asking if they can play with it, also meaning meet me somewhere, or let's go somewhere).

Obviously I wasn't gonna let any of them touch it with their own hands, so I told them it wasn't a toy as I scrolled through 32 games I have installed while they commented on which ones they owned, or pwned, or pwn3d.

One of them then whipped out his Galaxy S3, stating that he had a couple of the games on his phone too. He was completely ignored, and his phone disappeared sadly into his pocket.

Then came the cool kid. The one with the old Bieber do, wearing a shirt and tie to his grade 7 classes, and announces: "Yeah, well I'm getting an iPhone..."

The group goes quiet for a second, and then the one they refer to as the spaz, and the cool kid's devout follower, the first kid who spelled out OMG so excitedly, in an uncharacteristic tone, breaks the silence:

"Dude, iPhone's a GIRL's phone..."

I'll have to remember to sneak the spaz a bonus point or two on the competition board.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:16 PM
    Haa this made me laugh. Nice post. What gets me is these kids many with no jobs fighting over $700 phones. Man I really hope parents aren't shelling out the cash.
    03-22-13 03:24 PM