So my Z10 keyboard stopped working. It would not work in any text field. I had to reboot. Anyone else experience this yet?
    02-05-13 10:50 PM
    So my Z10 keyboard stopped working. It would not work in any text field. I had to reboot. Anyone else experience this yet?
    Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "would not work in any text field"?

I haven't had to reboot mine and i've been using it non-stop all day, literally. At one point i had 12 apps downloading while 6 screens were open. I'm putting this thing though the ringers.
    Last edited by jesse_h; 02-05-13 at 11:02 PM. Reason: pizza
    02-05-13 11:01 PM
    The keyboard would not put text into any text field. Such as this forum. Texting. Email. Etc.
    luckynumber19 and Denenatse like this.
    02-05-13 11:13 PM
    The exact same thing just happened to me! I'm actually so glad I found this I was starting to freak out. Haven't rebooted yet but I'm hoping that fixes my problem too!
    02-07-13 11:28 AM
    havent had this and hope i dont, had a similar sort of crash earlier though... after swiping up on the lock screen, the password field failed to show up.. even after i locked the phone and tried again several times.. luckily i was able to reboot in lock mode!
    02-07-13 11:33 AM
    Had the same thing happen this morning after finishing an email. Any text field I wrote in after that the keyboard itself worked but the letters would not show up in the text field. I did a hard reboot on it and it fixed the problem. Don't know how to soft reset the z10!
    02-07-13 11:44 AM
    It has happened to me 3 times now (I'm a heavy texter; approx 5000/month). I've had to just reboot the phone and then continue texting and hope that no one notices why my reply text was delayed!

I noticed that just before the keyboard stops working, the last text I sent is duplicated on the entry field and I can delete or add more words but I cannot send it. I also found that I couldn't swipe to delete so I had to press the delete button.
    02-10-13 02:37 AM
    This is quite a common issue, nothing's wrong with the device
    02-10-13 02:48 AM
    This is quite a common issue, nothing's wrong with the device
    Interesting. This has never happened to me and in fact I've only seen it reported a handful of times. Your negativity is well noted on this forum, and where you get the idea that the keyboard freezing is supposedly "Quite a common Issue" is beyond me. Do you realize that every major phone reviewer (and more specifically, Blackberry hater/critic) has reviewed the phone. Not one of them mentioned the keyboard freezing.

To the OP, I would try investigating it further. Maybe try contacting BB, as this is definitely not a common issue, nor should it be occurring at all. I have never restarted my phone since first turning it on February 5th at 5PM and not once has the keyboard frozen. Keep in mind that many people come to this forum specifically for troubleshooting, and problems are therefore amplified. Many users also seem to be taking anecdotal evidence as fact, when that is far from the truth. Good luck, and I hope you can get this issue resolved.
    02-10-13 03:24 AM
    Common issue? This is the first post I've seen about it.
    02-10-13 03:30 AM
    Common issue? This is the first post I've seen about it.
    Its ridiculously common!!! Read more.
    02-14-13 01:58 AM
    I mean it gets laggy at times
    02-14-13 02:08 AM
    It must be common because it happened to me as well.
    02-15-13 01:07 AM
    Last night, another problem occurred. While I was texting, I couldn't swipe down to get to the next page of symbols. Has anyone else experienced this? A quick 5 swipe fixed it though.

I've noticed that there are different degrees of severity in this keyboard problem. I've always been able to fix it by rebooting the hub but a few others have to do a complete battery pull.
    02-16-13 03:17 AM
    I did some searching and thanks to a post on the BB support forums i found out the cause. If you have "Ignore words with numbers" set to OFF, it will stop working as soon as you type a word and number combination, such as "7th", it would stop right after the "h". Turn that setting ON and it's fine. Such a weird bug.
    02-22-13 10:12 PM
    I had to replace the keyboard on mine...just ordered one from E-bay. We'll see how that works out.
    jesse_h and b52ninja like this.
    02-23-13 07:58 AM
    I had to replace the keyboard on mine...just ordered one from E-bay. We'll see how that works out.
    Lol
    02-23-13 09:23 AM
    Hope that works. cause i been having this same problem with my z10.

suddenly my keybord stops working wether im typing on bbm, text,email. note now known as remember. nothing works
    02-25-13 10:55 AM
    it's a known glitch. If you'd like to trigger it, then spell a word incorrectly. If you then touch the underlined red word to correct the spelling mistake, but for whatever reason the Z10 doesn't have any suggestions for you... BINGO... keyboard hangs. Only way to fix is to reboot.
    02-26-13 06:35 AM
    Mine just done the same thing...also had to do hard reset....hope they sort this out!
    03-08-13 06:25 AM
    it's a known glitch. If you'd like to trigger it, then spell a word incorrectly. If you then touch the underlined red word to correct the spelling mistake, but for whatever reason the Z10 doesn't have any suggestions for you... BINGO... keyboard hangs. Only way to fix is to reboot.
    You're still here? Weren't you returning your Z10 a while ago?

What you wrote isn't correct. It's triggered if "Ignore words with numbers" is set to OFF. If you type something like "7th", for example, the keyboard will freeze and require a reboot. If that setting is set to ON then this issue does not happen. BlackBerry is very aware of this and they are working on it.

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-08-13 06:37 AM
    I'm on my second Z10. The first one had a keyboard that constantly froze up. was told by Rogers that it was do to apps that i had on. Was told to remove them and do a factory restore. Did that and didn't correct the problem. They sent me a new phone and today it just did it again. Not sure what the heck is going on.
    03-12-13 12:20 PM
    Since the update, my keyboard hasn't frozen once. Has anyone else noticed this too?
    03-12-13 12:36 PM
    Actually guys i just had the problem happen to me for the 5th time since i got the phone (this past friday, verizon) and i doubled checked to see if i had the "Ignore Words with Numbers" off but in fact I've had it on the whole time. Seems like the problem is a little more complicated then we thought. Any advise? Or should i try to swap it out for a new one?
    04-01-13 01:46 PM
    My Z10 has done this a bunch of times since I got it. I figured out that if I'm ever actively typing a text message when I receive a new one, the keyboard will stop inputting anything into the text field. I still get the noise from typing, the letters just won't show up. This problem then will carry over into any other text field I access with the phone. A hub reset fixes it so far.
    04-12-13 04:16 PM
33 12