Hey guys. I just had a chance to play around with the Z10 at a Verizon kiosk at the mall. My "new every 2" contract update comes due on the 20th. I'm trying to decide Z vs Q. I love my 9930 keyboard, but would also like the bigger screen.

Here's my question: can all the predictive text and type assistance be turned off or disabled on the Z? I want to know if I can just type natively. (Is that the right word?)

Any constructive comments would be appreciated, some of the people on this forum are uber-trolls.

Via Blackberry Bold & Tapatalk
    04-02-13 09:42 PM

Here's my question: can all the predictive text and type assistance be turned off or disabled on the Z? I want to know if I can just type natively. (Is that the right word?)

I'm not sure why you would wanna turn off the text assistance. Honestly it works very well and for me personally it destroys what I used to use in iOS. I use a blackberry with a keyboard for work and I do miss keyboard shortcuts but I'm living quite well without them.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 on Verizon
    04-02-13 09:48 PM
    Hey guys. I just had a chance to play around with the Z10 at a Verizon kiosk at the mall. My "new every 2" contract update comes due on the 20th. I'm trying to decide Z vs Q. I love my 9930 keyboard, but would also like the bigger screen.

Any constructive comments would be appreciated, some of the people on this forum are uber-trolls.

Yes you can disable auto correction and predictive text. But, the huge but is that you would be so frustrated without these features switched on. The brilliance of the Z10 keyboard is a result of these two and also Word Substitution.

Unless you handle the Z10 with its keyboard features all switched on, you won't be able to type fast.

Would like to suggest that you borrow a Z10 from a friend or try the demo set again. Just type and don't look at the keyboard. Your words will just flow and flow.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:56 PM
    +1 to predictive text being on. Z10 works right along with you quietly saying "I got your back Mr fat thumbs"

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:10 PM
    +1 to predictive text being on. Z10 works right along with you quietly saying "I got your back Mr fat thumbs"

Posted via CB10
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Thanks for the laugh. Well, I guess I'll have to relent on the Z10 keyboard features. Thanks everyone.

04-03-13 02:10 PM
    can you please tell me if it IS possible (and if so how) to turn off the predictive text? i hate it, so please tell how to turn it off. none of your responses above answered the original question.thanks
    04-26-13 05:47 PM
    Have you tried the BB help file on the device? It's in there...I'm too lazy to search on the device, as apparently, are you as well.
    04-26-13 06:07 PM
    You need to read the post responses again, he did answer your question, and then some. Open your eyes.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:09 PM
    Q10's screen is to small. Get the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:40 PM
    Was a HUGE physical keyboard guy for years, but couldn't wait for the Q10 to be released so decided to get the Z10. After 3 weeks I can honestly say I'm not missing the qwerty anymore. The experience on the Z is pretty sick as far as a virtual keyboard goes. The predictive text is what make it so good.

Good luck!
    04-26-13 07:45 PM
    I had an iphone 4, Torch 9810, and now a Z10 and I have to say the Z10 provides the best typing experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:49 PM
    FYI. I am about a month into using my Z10, and I think I am finally as fast on this keyboard as I was on my Bold. I am totally sold on the Z over the Q. When they fix the text-cursor placement with the new OS, it will be really awesome.

Via Z10 & CB10
    05-29-13 10:28 PM
    Yes you can turn it off but I would say if you do choose the z10, try it with the feature on and you will not want to turn it off. It's the most amazing virtual keyboard on the market in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:34 PM