In the past few days, I'm getting random reboots almost daily. I never see it happening, but notice when things like hub++ have closed. I'm going to start deleting apps and see if I can find a culprit, if it's just not the hardware of the phone itself.

I don't think anyone has been able to determine any particular app being the cause of this. I do think some sideloaded apps have been problematic, but lots of people are reporting this who have never sideloaded an app. (myself included)

Seems that the Verizon devices might be slightly more prone to it due to the older release series of BB10 they are on, that is my guess. They are one of the few carriers on that release series now, and I'm guessing the reason for that is some 10.0.10.x regression bugs. (ie the outgoing SMTP bug, which doesn't seem to affect my Verizon device, but affects LOTS of people running 10.0.10 releases)
    04-03-13 03:17 PM
    Yes,my Z10 has crashed. It has been freezing and restarting for about 11days since i bought.Yesterday was day12 and it crashed.Wouldn't turn on anymore after going off.Took it back to the phone company,they tried to fix it but advised i get a new one.I just got a new one yest.night but surprisingly this new one freezed when chatting on whatsapp today.I was given a new phone cos i was still within the 14day period of exchange/return.What if it was past 14days? Besides,i lost all my pics and chats..I think Blackberry needs to recall these phones and give them a life before selling them to the public. Love the phone but So disappointed with this issue..
    04-05-13 03:30 PM
    Yes,my Z10 has crashed. It has been freezing and restarting for about 11days since i bought.Yesterday was day12 and it crashed.Wouldn't turn on anymore after going off.Took it back to the phone company,they tried to fix it but advised i get a new one.I just got a new one yest.night but surprisingly this new one freezed when chatting on whatsapp today.I was given a new phone cos i was still within the 14day period of exchange/return.What if it was past 14days? Besides,i lost all my pics and chats..I think Blackberry needs to recall these phones and give them a life before selling them to the public. Love the phone but So disappointed with this issue..
    04-05-13 03:46 PM
    It's not battery guru because I just had a reboot without the app running

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:32 AM
    Mine did the same thing until I put a new memory card I haven't had a reset I'm 36hrs make sure u get the one that hd compatible I got a16g for 12bucks

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:02 AM
    My Z10 has been fine, until 2 days ago when I moved all my photos from the device storage to the SD card. Since then it's frozen and required rebooting 5 or 6 times.
    I'm now moving them all back to the device to see if that solves things.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:46 AM
    Yes, my Z10 has freeze two times per day! How can i report this freeze.
    04-07-13 03:57 AM
    My Z10 has been doing this since the second day I bought it But I don't want to go through exchanging phones and apps again. Is this a flaw in the OS and can be fixed with an update?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:19 PM
    My wife and I both got z10's on the same day, same Verizon store, a week and a half ago. I have not had a problem with mine. Hers froze then restarted 4 times this past Friday. It just did it again today. Has occurred when scrolling, and when sitting idle. Screen freezes for about 20 seconds, then restarts on its own. My wife is ready to take it back. Only app she added was Freecell. No side loads.
    04-14-13 10:53 PM
    My wife and I both got z10's on the same day, same Verizon store, a week and a half ago. I have not had a problem with mine. Hers froze then restarted 4 times this past Friday. It just did it again today. Has occurred when scrolling, and when sitting idle. Screen freezes for about 20 seconds, then restarts on its own. My wife is ready to take it back. Only app she added was Freecell. No side loads.

If she doesn't have any 3rd-party apps on there except one game, then if I were in her shoes I would try doing a verified backup of her data using Blackberry Link, then do a full wipe of the device followed by software reload and restore of her data.

Several people have reported that this helped their reboot issues.

Oh, and make sure to check for software updates after doing the reload and install any available OS updates.
    04-15-13 03:44 AM
    Folks. Your BlackBerry phone has a 1 year of warranty. Take them back when they do not work right.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-15-13 05:39 AM
    Folks. Your BlackBerry phone has a 1 year of warranty. Take them back when they do not work right.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Many don't realize that. regardless of your carrier and their own particular rules, there is a 1 year warranty on our Z10's. This does not include user damage though, so if you drop it in a bucket of water you're on your own!
    04-15-13 06:13 AM
    Without SIM Z10 become like PlayBook and have never been on random restart itself with any apps you have. Choosing the best micro SIM that fixed tightly will solve this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:53 AM
    This is the only problem I have with an otherwise flawless phone. It has happened twice while scrolling large emails, twice while scrolling book pages in the Kindle app, and once while just listening to a ball game while in the MLB app. I am on AT&T and since it is infrequent as I write this, I will try to wait for a software upgrade. This activity has occurred over three weeks. If it ever happens on a phone call that will change things for me, it would be a game changer.
    04-19-13 04:05 PM
    My Z10 does this all the time. I have no side loaded apps. I only had it for the week. Should have kept my iphone 5
    05-11-13 01:17 PM
    I found that the reason the Z10 is rebooting is the battery is losing connection with the Z10. If you place a something at the bottom of the battery & the Z10 it will tighten the battery's connection to the Z10.
    10-14-13 12:09 PM
    Take battery out after ten minutes back in

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:11 PM
    Mine started to do this around the time I installed BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert). I just removed it and will see what happens. I also recently added a Google Drive Explorer, so that could also be it. I will remove that as well, if the problem persists.
    01-06-14 11:23 AM
    I currently am, Snapchat, Instagram, Flappy Bird, Tinder, and Vine. I've had them all for about a month, month and a half so far but I've only had the restart issue the last week in a half, badky the last 2 days. Any advice?
    03-25-14 08:13 PM
    I wonder if it has to do with the latest update? Mine has done it a lot since then.
    03-28-14 02:55 PM
    Hi, Experts..!
    I'm facing the same problem from last 20 days.
    Yesterday I replaced my old Battery with new.one and wipe my Blackberry Z10.
    It reduced restarting time but the problem is still with Blackberry device.
    It restarting only 4 times now while It was 8-10 times with old battery.

Righ now i"m not using any app excluding default Apps.

Please suggest what should I do now..?

09-09-16 05:55 AM
96 ... 234