Useless 64 bit chip with a small screen,and low resolution... ohh wait 3 more colors, and more flash stuff.. BB isn't perfect... But it is amazing compared to IPhones
    09-10-13 06:10 PM
    Thats funny because the Apple store near me sends everyone who walks in with a defective device to the Microsoft store next door. I have friends working in both stores and they both confirmed it.

If Apple is so grate why when anything goes wrong with software and hardward it is never thier fault? Why is the user to blame? Rember the iphone 4 if you hold it like a normal person would you would loose your signal. Apple's responce "you're holding it wrong."
    And the Blackberry is so much better? First off, your auto correct is not working. Second, just go through the forums and see how many issues other users are having.
    09-10-13 06:11 PM
    You're right the apple apps built for 32 bit proccessors will take full advantage of a 64 bit chip. 64 bit means nothing if you have nothing designed for 64 bit.
    If you watched the live stream, you would have heard how devs will be able to convert their 32 bit apps to 64 bit apps in 2 hours.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-10-13 06:13 PM
    Apple lost today -$11.53 per share after presentation ))))
    Holders of BB shares shouldn't be so smug.

Z10 or iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c?-chart.gif
    09-10-13 06:14 PM
    If you watched the live stream, you would have heard how devs will be able to convert their 32 bit apps to 64 bit apps in 2 hours.

you're saying Install 32 bit OS and add 16 gig of memory... It's useless here..maybe IPhone 6 will take the benefit of running 64 bit chip and 64 core apps
    09-10-13 06:17 PM
    The iPhone 5 was already more powerful than the Z10. I wonder how much crow these folks will eat when the first benchmarks start rolling out?
    09-10-13 06:24 PM
    Say all you want about the uselessness of a 64bit OS and chip. Doesn't that mean they have future proofed this phone for a good long while? Thems the breaks people. Apple has a large following and people will open their wallets and allow Apple to play the spec race. Simple as that.
    09-10-13 06:25 PM
    I work with several former Apple representatives. You can consider this thirdhand information, and take it with a grain of salt if you wish, but they've confirmed that Apple support has no checks to punish poor support. They want you off of the phone as quickly as possible, and will blame any other company they can to make you believe them. There was a fun thread on Apple's support forums wherein one user was told his issue was Verizon's fault, while two others replied saying that they'd had the same problems, and were respectively told it was Sprint and AT&T's fault. It may still be up there, but Apple is quick to delete anything that points out an undeniable flaw in their support or products.
    Apple build quality is pretty poor (the phone breaks a lot), but never had I heard the service is poor. You go to the Apple store and *****, loudly if required. I have met more than one person that got a "new" phone (they are always refurbs if you check) by going to the Apple store.

I own zero Apple products and don't have a dog in this fight.

Even people I know under contract that were sent ****ty Apple phones (and trust me, not shortage of that happening), got decent service. The stupid captive battery of the iphone is a major pain in the *** when things go south. What happens is the phone locks up until it kills the battery, then you charge it again and it works. I'd hate to do anything mission critical with an iphone. You can ***** all you want about battery pulls, but any engineer will tell you that is how you can get a system in a known state if all else fails.

In mission critical applications, you use a hardware "watchdog timer." These things are cheap, but the consumer electronics customers always act like their software can walk on water and doesn't need such a device. In enterprise applications, the hardware watchdog is common, or at least a software watch dog, which is nearly as good.
    09-10-13 06:31 PM
    Say all you want about the uselessness of a 64bit OS and chip. Doesn't that mean they have future proofed this phone for a good long while? Thems the breaks people. Apple has a large following and people will open their wallets and allow Apple to play the spec race. Simple as that.

No, I meant to say it's useless here (Iphone5s).. the phone is not powerful enough to take the advantage of 64 chip.. maybe 6 will
    09-10-13 06:38 PM
    Why is it, when Apple announces a new product, all I can think about is that Malibu Stacy episode on the Simpsons.

You know, that one where the new Malibu Stacy is exactly like the old one, but has a new hat?

http://img.hsmagazine.net/2012/10/tu...maodo1_500.jpg
    09-10-13 06:40 PM
    Apple presented nothing fantastic (as per usual) other than the fingerprint reader but we all know people will flock to it like it was Gold!
    Due to the rapidly declining sales of iPhones the past couple years, I would say the only people flocking to the new iPhones are Apple die-hards. Statistics show the non die-hards are going elsewhere, mostly to Android.
    09-10-13 06:43 PM
    No, I meant to say it's useless here (Iphone5s).. the phone is not powerful enough to take the advantage of 64 chip.. maybe 6 will
    Maybe you could clarify? Because what you just said doesn't make a whole lot of sense. How is hardware not powerful enough to take advantage of the hardware?
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-10-13 06:58 PM
    BlackBerry is an underrated phone at this point in the game, it deserves a lot more respect especially the way apple is getting away with minimal effort...seems familiar!

Posted via CB10
    BB is not underrated. They have the worst ecosystem and consumer services of all the major OSes right now. I'm pretty sure even Bada has a better services ecosystem than BB10 right now.

People need to realize what the actual issues with BB10 are. It isn't really the OS itself. Android sucked up until 4.x but it sold well because Google's services ecosystem sold that platform. You can be bad and still sell if the tradeoffs are worth it for consumers. The only underrated thing about Blackberry at this point is how terrible their ecosystem is (on Crackberry.com). People here don't seem to get just how bad this platform looks to the average consumer compared to Android, WP, and iOS from that perspective. It looks really, really poor by comparison and it completely overshadows much of the ground they have covered in the OS migration/upgrade.
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    09-10-13 07:04 PM
    No we can't. We actually need apps to be able to take advantage of the Z10 hardware.
    That goes for any platform.

That is why Nokia developed Pro Cam for their Lumia devices, cause the Stock Windows Phone 8 Camera software is generic and doesn't really target their devices.

It's also why I do not use Nexus Android devices. Great hardware with generic software is a waste of value. Sense and TW devices do a lot more with the hardware in terms of delivering value and exploiting the device's capabilities than Stock Android ever has.

In many places, Sense and TW reduce the need for 3rd party applications, which is why I have tended to settle on Samsung devices.
    09-10-13 07:12 PM
    IPHONE 5S is in line with my expectation - nothing impressive from Apple every year. I was tired of having an iPhone in the last 3 years. Needless to say, my Z10 is still superior

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 07:23 PM
    Maybe you could clarify? Because what you just said doesn't make a whole lot of sense. How is hardware not powerful enough to take advantage of the hardware?
    are you going to add memory to your phone? it's not a pc..like installing 32 bit os with more than 4 gigs.. won't be as effective as installing 64 bit os, with more than 4 gig of memory.. got my point?
    09-10-13 07:27 PM
    we the sheeple lol
    09-10-13 07:33 PM
    Because it's not a BlackBerry?

There have been cheap iPhone options all along -- whenever a new one is released, they usually drop the prices on the older ones. Except this time, as I understand they're going to drop the iP5 altogether, but you'll still be able to get the 4s.
    Sorry...wrote my comment while at work earlier today. if you compare the price point, on contract, for the 5c and q5, both which are supposed to be entry level phones, the iPhone would have me thinking of leaving BlackBerry. Again for an entry level phone perspective alone. Hope that makes more sense.
    09-10-13 07:46 PM
    are you going to add memory to your phone? it's not a pc..like installing 32 bit os with more than 4 gigs.. won't be as effective as installing 64 bit os, with more than 4 gig of memory.. got my point?
    Umm. I'm pretty sure 64bit computing has more to do with data processing then it does with how much memory it can handle. The usable memory being more than 3GB was kind of a bonus that came with the architecture from what I know. Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong. This would also mean iPhone devs building 64bit apps and less apps being able to go cross-platform. Something Google couldn't do because they don't control the Hardware and something most manufacturers didn't see as necessary for mobile devices since they don't really process that much data (Although one day soon they might. Think gaming first). Also anything over 2GB becomes a battery hog hence why iPhone5s still has 1GB of RAM and will run just fine.
    09-10-13 07:48 PM
    Z10. 'Nuff said.
    That's me!
    09-10-13 07:48 PM
    Umm. I'm pretty sure 64bit computing has more to do with data processing then it does with how much memory it can handle. The usable memory being more than 3GB was kind of a bonus that came with the architecture from what I know. Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong. This would also mean iPhone devs building 64bit apps and less apps being able to go cross-platform. Something Google couldn't do because they don't control the Hardware and something most manufacturers didn't see as necessary for mobile devices since they don't really process that much data (Although one day soon they might. Think gaming first). Also anything over 2GB becomes a battery hog hence why iPhone5s still has 1GB of RAM and will run just fine.

Take a look at this.

iPhone 5S: The 64-bit A7 chip is marketing fluff and won’t improve performance | ExtremeTech
    09-10-13 08:15 PM
    You know there is not much difference to what I'm saying here. It isn't necessary right now but will prove to be the push to manufacturers to start adopting 64bit architecture to stay relevant. Meaning a push to 64bit apps. I never said it was necessary and is pure marketing hype right now no doubt, but it still future proofs the phone. Because maybe right now, where all that writers number come from, shows that nobody is really needing it. In the future, which was my point, it will be relevant. Hence future proofing the phone. Also it makes it look like they invented something. Lol. The performance improvements will be there. They just will be so minute that nobody will be able to tell the difference. Or it will be like the flea circus that Apple has and everyone will magically see the difference. Don't matter. 64 bit now means a full library of 64bit apps that will be relevant when battery technology improves and allows for more memory which will lead to graphics technology improvements and, look at that, everyone scrambling to catch up to what was once just marketing hype.
    09-10-13 08:54 PM
    You are delusional and clueless. It would be a waste of time to outline the reasons why the iPhone 5S's architecture alone blows away the feeble Z10, because it would be wasted on you. Besides, iOS has a thriving ecosystem. BB10 has a bright future behind it.
    Tim Cook? Is that you?

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    09-10-13 09:15 PM
    You are delusional and clueless. It would be a waste of time to outline the reasons why the iPhone 5S's architecture alone blows away the feeble Z10, because it would be wasted on you. Besides, iOS has a thriving ecosystem. BB10 has a bright future behind it.
    Care to elaborate or are all our minds not ready for the supreme awesomeness that is the iPhone architecture? Seriously though. Do you just say this because you couldn't actually explain it or are you so good that the only way you can explain it would have us all beating our chests and throwing our feces in minutes? I'm not saying it isn't great architecture but this argument would be better without the insults to people.
    09-10-13 09:17 PM
    Hmmm plain and simply Z10!!! Apple presented nothing fantastic (as per usual) other than the fingerprint reader but we all know people will flock to it like it was Gold! IOS7 in my opinion still has nothing on BB10 let alone upcoming 10.2!

Is so sad BlackBerry are not getting the recognition they deserve for a fantastic OS and handset (bar the big apps)!

Still after the apple press conference BB10, Z10 ALL DAY LONG!!!

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    My sentiments exactly. For me an "iAnything" does not measure up to BlackBerry. It is sad that people do not give a chance to the new BlackBerry.
    09-10-13 09:20 PM
189 12345 ...