Hi all. I did try to search for a similar thread, but I am going batty with the amount of time I have spent trying to backup/save/transfer the data from my Curve 9360 to my new Z10 which just arrived yesterday. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled BB Desktop software, restarted my computer, checked usb connections (and I already have BB Link on the desktop), but the Curve just won't connect to the computer (and/or vice versa). BB Link shows both phones, and with the Curve connected to the laptop, the phone screen shows the two little icons, but I cannot for the life of my copy the data! I don't have any music or games on the phone; all I want is to retain my contacts to input into the new phone. I was already concerned when it was first charging and the cube charging plugging was piping hot, but a second go at it today seems to have resolved itself. It's a beautiful phone, and I chose it over the Z30 for size and resolution. But **********, it's been terribly frustrating to get the thing operating, or am I impatient for all things unicorns and butterflies in supporting the BB?! Sorry, I digress...again, I would be grateful for any help on how to save contacts from the Curve to import to the Z10. Thanks!
    07-09-14 06:08 PM
    There is an app in BBW device switcher , you have to load it on to the both devices, it works pretty good.
    Muffella likes this.
    07-09-14 06:18 PM
    Hi Muffella

Only have one device plugged in a time and the Z10 wont work with the old BB Desktop Manager, so make sure your version of Link is up to date.
    How it should work (unless Im mistaken and its changed) is plug in device one and set for switch it will back up and then once done it will ask you to plug in the new device to restore onto.
    Make sure the device is set to Windows instead of Auto Detect for access storage.
    If your Curve software is up to date, ie running OS 7.1 you could also use the Device Switch option.
    If you use BlackBerry Protect, you could also use the once off restore from there.

Maybe just a bit of a learning curve moving legacy to BB10, since they are very different.
    Muffella likes this.
    07-09-14 06:30 PM
    The SWITCH DEVICES does not work?

Too bad BB Protect is nearly useless but I think it works as a one-time restore to the new device. Check it out.

Also, you could sync with Outlook or Gmail from the old phone, then sync to the new phone. (although, gmail sometimes dupes/trips contacts, so sycn and sever the connection.

Good luck
    Muffella likes this.
    07-09-14 07:29 PM
    Thanks. I kind of get what you're saying, but not really! It took a few tries to download Device Switch to the Curve - thank goodness there was a tip on the Z10 which directed me to get it from internet explorer rather than BBW...and it worked!
    grover5 likes this.
    07-09-14 11:58 PM
    Thanks. I did have only one device plugged in, and I had only just downloaded BB Desktop today, so it had to be current! Yes, it is quite the "curve" moving to BB10, but I think I'm on the right track now.
    07-10-14 12:00 AM
    Thanks. I kind of get what you're saying, but not really! It took a few tries to download Device Switch to the Curve - thank goodness there was a tip on the Z10 which directed me to get it from internet explorer rather than BBW...and it worked!
    Awesome. Enjoy your new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 12:00 AM
    Praise the Lord and Pass the Gravy!!! It worked!!! Finally, a direct answer, though other posts/threads I have read have been somewhat helpful, but this was direct and spot on. I couldn't get the same Device Switch from BBW on the Curve (maybe I needed to do a complete update), but after I loaded it onto the Z10, there was a prompt to download it directly from the net. And it worked! All my contacts, photos, etc. are there, and I can finally chill and fully use the phone. (Yes, I actually sometimes use my cell phone as a phone!) Thanks again.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-14 12:12 AM