Befote I begin, please dont bash me for "being in the wrong forum". I do own a z10 and crackberry has been more than helpful for me in the past.
    I use a Z10 STL001 in the United Arab Emirates. However, I am soon going to travel to the USA (Bloomington, IN) to be exact and will be there for about 5 months.
    I wanted to know whether it is possible for me to buy a SIM from a carrier there and just pop it in and use it - my z10 is unlocked. I do not wanna change my phone or buy another z10 on contract. So, is it possible?
    I would also appreciate it if anyone could suggest a good carrier and a good plan for my needs (about 1 GB of data and plenty of international minutes)

Thank you.
    07-31-13 08:21 PM
    Yeah, you certainly can purchase a local sim card (instead of incurring roaming charges!). Seeing that your device is unlocked, you're good to go. Just to figure out which provider to go to. I'm not familiar with US carriers and their plans but surely someone here can help you out!

Update: I believe AT&T utilizes the 850/1900Mhz for HSPA so you should be good with that carrier! Tmobile also is rolling out HSPA on the 1900Mhz (depending on where you are, once implemented it would work). Hope this helps. You can also go to the respective carrier website and view their price plans etc.
    07-31-13 09:32 PM
    Yeah, you certainly can purchase a local sim card (instead of incurring roaming charges!). Seeing that your device is unlocked, you're good to go. Just to figure out which provider to go to. I'm not familiar with US carriers and their plans but surely someone here can help you out!

Update: I believe AT&T utilizes the 850/1900Mhz for HSPA so you should be good with that carrier! Tmobile also is rolling out HSPA on the 1900Mhz (depending on where you are, once implemented it would work). Hope this helps. You can also go to the respective carrier website and view their price plans etc.

Thanks a ton. Will check at&t site, now if someone here would suggest any plan at all..
    08-01-13 03:33 PM