01-04-14 10:25 PM
35 12
tools
    I don't know, and maybe I'm misinterpreting some of these posts, but I think if a phone is stolen it SHOULD be blacklisted, Are some of you guys suggesting it's OK to have a stolen phone and use it?
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    07-28-13 11:16 AM
    I don't know, and maybe I'm misinterpreting some of these posts, but I think if a phone is stolen it SHOULD be blacklisted, Are some of you guys suggesting it's OK to have a stolen phone and use it?
    I'm definitely not suggesting that I'm just saying through my experience Rogers doesn't block stolen phones for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:29 AM
    I agree, it should be, but some people don't report it, and as mentioned the companies don't share a blacklist network.

At that notion the S3 in question that I was talking about, the brother in law bought it off someone legit on kijiji than it all of a sudden stopped working. It was reported stolen. So made the most of it by unlocking, trading to the father in law for his galaxy note, and all were happy (father in law was on different network than rogers so the s3 works good)

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 12:16 PM
    I have the same problem.

My z10 was blocked overnight with locked pin message where it appears my imei number.

Ran the last filtration 10.2 published here and is a phone with sim unlocked, used under virgin mobile virtual network.

I'm thinking about selling it for parts as blackberry not answered any contact channel
    09-12-13 05:09 PM
    hi,
    I have the same issue. I bought my phone in OCT locked to O2 (ireland) so I got the code and it was unlocked to my network (lycamobile and obviously all networks). My Z10 was working fine for 2-3 weeks since then. Then I did update software to 10.2. Available for UK/Ireland since 23/27 October. Never had any reboots on 10.1 but few days after the update the phone has locked itself (no passowords were set up on the phone as well) saying that PIN number was locked and showing my IMEI number on screen. Emergency calls available only.
    Since then it is rebooting reaching 100% and then nothing for hours, or it is rebooting few times in a raw. I read tons of stuff on forums and checked all crazy methods to fix it - also still no fix for this bug by BB. I am not able to get into menu. Z10 gets locked soon after I reinstall OS (10.2) and login to my home WiFi - I guess it connects to Lycamobile and then the PIN/IMEI message is displayed.the phone gets rebooting all the time as well, so possibly two issues here.
    I bought new battery and it's the same. I guess I will go back to 10.1 and see if it helps.
    I sent email to O2 asking if the phone got stolen - they dont recognize the IMEI number. Also checked on T-Mobile IMEI check and it's the same, so rather not possible it got stolen, and I don't think it matters here that I bought it not from a shop - as I do like many other toys for boys via amazon, ebay, or face to face.
    I also contacted my current provider - lycamobile, but they said they don't support my phone and refused to contact BB on my behalf.
    Those who suggest that every BB phone bought not from shop is stolen - go and strangle yourself - if you don't want to help then at least don't interrupt. I am interested in technical side of this issue only - HOW TO FIX IT. that's all.
    My model is STL100-2. I've read this may be 'bad batch' of phones produced (how to check that?) but also that this is software issue, which is logical to me, as otherwise it would not work perfectly fine the first 2-3 weeks, right? .
    It's very disappointing. A product with such 'holes' shouldn't even be released to the markets. Now BB knows why they have such huge losses. I bought first BB 9300 Curve (great phone) and since many years I am BB fun, but the issue relates to so many people i.e. 'rebooting' and 'IMEI/Pin' blockage, so that's disgrace. Hope this is only a matter of good software fix and will be fixed by BB officially, but in the meantime many thanks for the replies from you with some suggestions. cheers!
    01-02-14 06:43 AM
    hi,

My model is STL100-2. I've read this may be 'bad batch' of phones produced (how to check that?) but also that this is software issue, which is logical to me, as otherwise it would not work perfectly fine the first 2-3 weeks, right? .
    It's very disappointing. A product with such 'holes' shouldn't even be released to the markets. Now BB knows why they have such huge losses. I bought first BB 9300 Curve (great phone) and since many years I am BB fun, but the issue relates to so many people i.e. 'rebooting' and 'IMEI/Pin' blockage, so that's disgrace. Hope this is only a matter of good software fix and will be fixed by BB officially, but in the meantime many thanks for the replies from you with some suggestions. cheers!
    OK, sorry you're having these weird issues. First, however, just because your phone was working fine for "2-3 weeks" after you bought it, doesn't mean it isn't on a black list. (And asking a carrier or running it on an online search is hit or miss). The UK has one of the best systems for blocking stolen/lost phones. The US has (had) one of the worst. One upon a time you could buy a known, blacklisted US phone, but a Euro SIM in it and it would work. But now everyone is sharing data, and in the UK, a blacklisted phone will not work for very long as that data gets passed around to carriers pretty quick. So, yes, I think you bought a blacklisted phone. If that's the case, you only have yourself (and the person you bought it from) to blame. You can try another carrier (SIM) and it may work, for a while. If I were you I would return it to your seller. And... stop blaming BBerry for your own mistake.
    01-02-14 09:03 AM
    I bought my phone last feb when the z10 was launched. Last nov it got locked out of nowhere.. the box is with me and I got it sealed from a shop. Now I got pc of scrap which I paid full price and it doesnt even work anymore..

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:17 AM
    Stolen is stolen, irrespective of when and from where. If you buy stolen property you've bought nothing -- this is well-settled and your beef is with the seller.
    01-02-14 10:58 AM
    I bought my phone last feb when the z10 was launched. Last nov it got locked out of nowhere.. the box is with me and I got it sealed from a shop. Now I got pc of scrap which I paid full price and it doesnt even work anymore..

Posted via CB10
    I understand. But just because it was in a sealed box doesn't mean it wasn't stolen. If your seller was reputable, he will exchange or "repair" (one person sent his blocked phone back to his seller for repair and, when they realized the phone was blocked, sent him a new phone.). You have the option of contacting BBerry to see if they will unblock it. Also, you can call the FBI (if in the USA) or you local police and report your seller as a fence.
    01-02-14 11:29 AM
    I understand. But just because it was in a sealed box doesn't mean it wasn't stolen. If your seller was reputable, he will exchange or "repair" (one person sent his blocked phone back to his seller for repair and, when they realized the phone was blocked, sent him a new phone.). You have the option of contacting BBerry to see if they will unblock it. Also, you can call the FBI (if in the USA) or you local police and report your seller as a fence.
    How to contact BlackBerry internationally?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:25 PM
35 12