01-04-14 09:25 PM
35 12
tools
    Hi,

I Used my Sim Free Z10 on friday, it was locked this morning at 7 o clock. No connection through BB Protect either.

Seems that all over Europe people have the same problem. For the moment the phone is useless.

It has nothing to do with the carrier sim, ... Realy a BB issue.

Look at this thread:
    Z10 Pin Lock!! - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

No luck with contacting BB. (tweet @blackberryhelp, mail to support@blackberry) As we bought the phone Sim free, the carier cannot adres BB/

Anyone knows where to contact BB and whats going on? No phonenumber or e-mail adress on their site.

I need my BB Z10 urgently.
    Help would be more than usefull.

Regards,

D. Boydens
    07-20-13 04:06 PM
    Never heard of this before,

Call 1-800-blackberry

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:10 PM
    Are you trying to say that the phone is completely locked and can't be used to do anything at all?

My z10 is from Telus in Canada. I unlocked it because right now I'm in Finland and all is fine... so maybe not ALL of Europe, as your title suggests??

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:15 PM
    In Belgium this number unfortunately doesn't work.

The reply from the BB support states:
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

So it simply says. No support contract. We can't help you.

Great service.
    syxx20603 likes this.
    07-20-13 04:19 PM
    @bbqkid8:

Just meant that people from different contries all expierence the same issue. We have 2 Z10's in the family. Only one is failing.

The phone boots and then it gives the message that the phone is locked. Stating the IMEI number and that it can't reach the BB service.
    You even cant enter the pin of your sim. So it's completely useless.

When I look at my BB Protect account I can't either contact the phone.
    07-20-13 04:23 PM
    Who did you buy the phone from?
    You are getting the message because the phone is locked to a carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:01 PM
    First you need to chill and explain yourself better.

I have three BB10 devices and live in Europe and have yet seen that error you described.

1) Where did you get your Z10 from? If was from a carrier, ask for a replacement.
    If it was stolen or somebody sold it to you, then is your fault.

2) Which OS did you install? There are some leaks who had a blocked PIN list included not so secretly for devices who where either A) property of BBRY or a partner, B) a Prototype / Dev Alpha.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:11 PM
    In Belgium this number unfortunately doesn't work.

The reply from the BB support states:
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

So it simply says. No support contract. We can't help you.

Great service.
    Connect your phone to a WiFi - download either Skype or Truphone, and then you can call ANY toll free numbers in US and Canada without any problems, from wherever you are...call
    1-877-552-5532 and get support.
    07-20-13 09:56 PM
    In the thread you posted, the OP said, he got unlucky and landed up buying a device, which was an internal unit, that had been sold by an ex-employee or something.
    So the device had been shut down by BlackBerry.
    The Z10 that's giving an issue, is it new or did u buy it used?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    07-21-13 02:48 AM
    @fbloise

1) Where did you get your Z10 from? If was from a carrier, ask for a replacement.
    If it was stolen or somebody sold it to you, then is your fault.

It is from an big online electronics seller Coolbleu. So surely not stolen. We have all the official purchase documents. It was delivered boxed & sealed.

2) Which OS did you install? There are some leaks who had a blocked PIN list included not so secretly for devices who where either A) property of BBRY or a partner, B) a Prototype / Dev Alpha.

It had a leaked version on it. Downloaded it from a thread here on crackberry. So maybe this could be the reason. Is loading a new version an option?
    07-21-13 02:48 AM
    If your using a leak, then I would say yes, your best bet would be to try reloading another os
    If you still have no luck with that, you can get your carrier to just put you in touch with BlackBerry support, who will definitely be able to assist with an unblock since you have the original purchase docs.
    But I would try another leak first

07-21-13 03:26 AM
    Sim free z10 here, new device original software (10.1) no problems here in Portugal. But i had a problem with my first phone where i got my bb id blocked, was solved although with a few e-mails to bb. But my phone never died on me??

beco
    07-21-13 04:07 AM
    I'm from Europe and didn't had a problem

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 04:42 AM
    Hi,

I Used my Sim Free Z10 on friday, it was locked this morning at 7 o clock. No connection through BB Protect either.

Seems that all over Europe people have the same problem. For the moment the phone is useless.

It has nothing to do with the carrier sim, ... Realy a BB issue.

Look at this thread:
    Z10 Pin Lock!! - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

No luck with contacting BB. (tweet @blackberryhelp, mail to support@blackberry) As we bought the phone Sim free, the carier cannot adres BB/

Anyone knows where to contact BB and whats going on? No phonenumber or e-mail adress on their site.

I need my BB Z10 urgently.
    Help would be more than usefull.

Regards,

D. Boydens
    I was involved with trying to help out on this thread. It's certainly not all over Europe and I think the frustration is most of the posters bought their phones outside their carriers and are not getting much support from them and cannot easily connect with BBerry. One guy from Spain did return his phone. In other words, the forum members can tell them what happened but they really need someone in tech, on some level, to back that up. I think we can all guess, though...
    07-22-13 04:23 PM
    I think the topic of this thread needs to be edited

07-22-13 07:49 PM
    @MiSsY_ would like to edit thread title as you suggested. But where can I edit this?

The reseller asked me to send the Z10 back after contacting BB. Without any assurance of return date,repair... While the message and blocking just came out of the blue.

Quite disappointed about BB. No response from BB tech themselves. the twitter help seems dead. After 2 posts 5 days ago still no answer. It would be so easy if just anyone from BB tech could be addressed. I believe they can solve the problem quickly.
    After the Playbook anouncement a few weeks ago a second blow in my confiance for BB. And I was such a fan.

Thanks for all the help & suggestions.
    07-23-13 02:56 AM
    I'm one of those folks of the other thread and I can confirm everything: friday night went to sleep, saturday morning the screen is locked with the message (if anyone is interested there is a capture from another user http://foros.blackberry.com/t5/image...v=mpbl-1&px=-1). I called my provider and they didn't found any unusual record on my account.

Bear in mind I have a Z10 LE, a developer model blackberry offered to programmers during the launch of the platform (apart from being red, it's a stl100-1), so I'm pretty sure my phone was not stolen. Of course I've tried everything that crossed my mind: sim card from another provider? wrong. Boot without sim? doesn't matter. Battery pull? nope. Full OS reset using official and leaked images? keep trying...

The real problem? Blackberry seems to have fired all of the customer support staff. The "official" help@blackberry.com is a bot answering with a scripted message that contains urls to the Z10 manual and the forums. Both twitter help accounts (global and local) answered that I have to call my provider. Two days after I told them I have already done that, I'm still waiting for a follow-up... Maybe the next step is to return the phone to blackberry saying it's broken.

By the way, someone above said you cannot enter the pin code of your SIM. That's not correct: if you press the power button until it shows the turn-off countdown and then you press Cancel, it asks you for the SIM pin and you can receive calls (proof that my carrier didn't block me). I assume you can't call simply because you cannot open the phone app.
    Raven1179 likes this.
    07-24-13 11:40 AM
    @MiSsY_ would like to edit thread title as you suggested. But where can I edit this?

The reseller asked me to send the Z10 back after contacting BB. Without any assurance of return date,repair... While the message and blocking just came out of the blue.

Quite disappointed about BB. No response from BB tech themselves. the twitter help seems dead. After 2 posts 5 days ago still no answer. It would be so easy if just anyone from BB tech could be addressed. I believe they can solve the problem quickly.
    After the Playbook anouncement a few weeks ago a second blow in my confiance for BB. And I was such a fan.

Thanks for all the help & suggestions.
    To edit the thread title, simply press the report button and send a message to the mods. I've sent the request for you. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:51 AM
    OP, I see you mentioned reseller, who is this reseller? Are they the ones who sold you your phone?

Also if you installed the leak with the PIN Block list, it won't matter what you do, as it's written to your NVRAM, and no way to clear that data.
    Raven1179 likes this.
    07-24-13 12:03 PM
    Yes, my understanding of the pin block list in the recent leaks is that it permanently bricks the phone with no known method to reverse the action.

However this seems unlikely in this case because the users would be reporting locking immediately when the leak was installed, not overnight some time later. A blacklist pushed OTA seems more probable, it might be interesting to find out if these phones were all supplied to the same carrier and maybe blacklisted for contract default or (edit) resold then (/edit) reported stolen by original buyer in an insurance scam. Verizon phones used to be well known for this.
    07-24-13 12:21 PM
    Yes, my understanding of the pin block list in the recent leaks is that it permanently bricks the phone with no known method to reverse the action.

However this seems unlikely in this case because the users would be reporting locking immediately when the leak was installed, not overnight some time later. A blacklist pushed OTA seems more probable, it might be interesting to find out if these phones were all supplied to the same carrier and maybe blacklisted for contract default or reported stolen by original buyer in an insurance scam. Verizon phones used to be well known for this.
    I think one of the ones I saw was either Telus or Telcel... does seem to be a lot of IMEI blocking going on though, so I wouldn't doubt something is going on with someone getting their hands on some info.
    07-24-13 01:21 PM
    Bell does imei blocking in Canada for sure, Rogers doesn't enforce stolen phones as much they just de activate the sim card.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:08 AM
    Bell does imei blocking in Canada for sure, Rogers doesn't enforce stolen phones as much they just de activate the sim card.

Posted via CB10
    Not 100% as the father in law has a IMEI Rogers S3 blocked device, however once we unlocked it, it works on any network, as networks in canada don't share their blacklists.
    07-27-13 11:54 PM
    Not 100% as the father in law has a IMEI Rogers S3 blocked device, however once we unlocked it, it works on any network, as networks in canada don't share their blacklists.
    I don't know how that happened, I tried all day once to get Rogers to block one of my devices that was misplaced and they refused, played dumb and only offered to lock the sim card. I also called them once when I purchased a used phone, got transfers between five agents and none of them cared enough to check if the device was stolen nor did they think it mattered and only told me to put the sim card in and check if it works.

Bell on the other hand Confiscated a phone from a friend months later after a purchase through Kijiji.

I think the only time Rogers might block it is if they got scammed out of a s3 for example through a contract upgrade and the third party skipped out on payments.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:37 AM
    I don't know how that happened, I tried all day once to get Rogers to block one of my devices that was misplaced and they refused, played dumb and only offered to lock the sim card. I also called them once when I purchased a used phone, got transfers between five agents and none of them cared enough to check if the device was stolen nor did they think it mattered and only told me to put the sim card in and check if it works.

Bell on the other hand Confiscated a phone from a friend months later after a purchase through Kijiji.

I think the only time Rogers might block it is if they got scammed out of a s3 for example through a contract upgrade and the third party skipped out on payments.

Posted via CB10
    I could see that happening. I'm just glad the companies don't share a blacklist
    07-28-13 09:51 AM
35 12