So is this the screen the OP is talking about

Attachment 150356

Or is it this

Attachment 150357
    That all I really want to know. Because if it's the first pic the this shows what accounts you have set up and what can be viewed. The second is how to control the first, but it does not remove the account from the first screen just from the main hub.

Is this the issue? If not them I'm all out of ideas what the hell is going on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    In the first picture but not that hub screen. See the white screen to the right of the hub....the messages...m that's where I only get them showing up from 5 accounts. it displays all of my accounts in the hub part where it says all the accounts...but then messages to the right only come from 5 of my accounts m and the 5 swipe thing didn't fix it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:50 PM
    In the first picture but not that hub screen. See the white screen to the right of the hub....the messages...m that's where I only get them showing up from 5 accounts. it displays all of my accounts in the hub part where it says all the accounts...but then messages to the right only come from 5 of my accounts m and the 5 swipe thing didn't fix it.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, better explanation. Which 5 are shown at the side and hiw many total do you have?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:53 AM
    This is interesting...

I tried to turn off my Facebook and Twitter options for the hub and they still stay there... This must have something to do with the new update for each app bc when I first got the phone I was playing around with all different combos of on and off and they always switched instantly.

I'll do some more tests tomorrow, bed time now.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:08 AM
    I agree the hub is not so secured. I wanted to turn off some email accounts and BBM displaying from the hub but turning it off in the hub management only hides it from displaying inside the hub list. But you can still see the menu BBM and other accounts inside the hub. Clicking on it will reveal all my messages. So there is no way to hide the accounts in the hub. The only way is to delete the account under accounts which I do not want to do. Also a password feature to enter into the hub would be great just like parent lock.

Posted via CB10
    This sh1t makes no sense you want an account but hidden.You want to hide message which you do but now what to hide the account as well.So how the f43k you expect to view messages from this account when you hiding it?? You might as well delete the account.Yo what you trying to pull here some ninja sh1t underneath the underneath? If you don't want the account viewable delete it and go through the browser its password protected there.If people read the hub management it says CHANGE THE ITEMS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE MAIN VIEW OF THE HUB.

So all you do is turn it off accounts being viewed in hub universal view.The hub it doesn't turn off or delete the account from the hub.Messages are just not in plain universal view just in filtered account to account view.If you want to use fb,twitter etc without them appearing in the hub you have to go through the browser as the apps preinstalled are integrated into the OS paradigm seems that people want certain apps to work as standalone and just come in as notifications.Which pretty much defeats the way blackberry trying to go with internet of things being always connected.I cant comment if fb,twitter are better in hub since I have never had an account with either app.All I know I prefer this box that lets me go into apps rather then opening them individually.When you broadcasting a message man that hub does a lot.

As for password for the hub you not grasp the paradigm have you?? You want to type a password when you unlock the device and then type another different password to go into the hub.Your idea totally defeats the purpose of peek and flow.The whole point of the gestures is to peek and flow in handle your messaging business and flow out quickly to what you was doing previously.The gesture and concept wouldn't be smooth or quick if you peek into the hub and have to type a password every time. Don't know about you but I don't use my phone 24/7 I put it down and respond when the led flashes.I don't want to be unlocking the phone twice or unlocking it during the peek to see messages.Its not a bad idea but its not great either I dont think bb will be doing passwords in the hub.I can easily see 1000's of phones bricking due to forgotten passwords Just will be slow and long o continue typing passwords to get into things.

As for bbm its integrated into the peek and flow paradigm.Its not removable unless they let us uninstall preinstalled apps which we cant do.And hiding it from hub view will make no difference 95% of people will look for the bbm icon and get in via that way if they want to snoop.What you gonna do then? Hide that icon(cant do this now) and hide it from the hub which leaves you to no access bbm.I don't know what kind of ninja sh1t you trying to pull with this hiding thing.I think you need to go standalone route via web browser.

This getting to long enough typing.
    irweezyy and THBW like this.
    04-12-13 06:05 AM
    You need to go to hub and then hit the arrow in the top right corner. Now click on the file you want to see. In your case only incoming emails. This is now what your hub has become. Incoming emails only

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:04 AM
    Personally for me the Hub is an asset it a in box for all notifications. Since BB10 is a new operating system some people won't like what they see buy from what I am hearing its a hit!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:12 AM
    I do now give up with this crap phone!!!! Please no more replies because as thick as I am, I can still get the message. Thank you for all your help and I appreciate your time in posting your answers. Just a shame RIM produced a crap phone. My fault for buying it I suppose!
    With your attitude it is no wonder you are a "sad_old_man!
    04-12-13 09:37 AM
    I thought the same thing as you about the Hub until I finally figured out how it actually worked, and the only way I really figured it out was I had to compare it to the way things worked on my OS7 BB. I don't know if you used a BB before this one, but my explanations below are direct comparisons to OS7, so my apologies if you didn't have one and this still doesn't make any sense.

In OS7 all of the accounts each had their own icon on the homescreen, one for each email address, one for texts, one for Facebook, etc. If you had a message in one of these accounts there would be a red star on that folder. But then there was also a "All Messages" icon where ALL of your stuff went, emails, phone call log, texts, etc., whatever you chose to include in your All Messages inbox folder was all combined in there.

Ok, so on OS10 you have your Hub account list (your list of all accounts with the black background). Consider this list as nothing more than a vertical list of all of your account folders, like the individual account icons on OS7. You can click each one and it opens JUST that account's inbox if that is all you want to see. If you have a new message in any account it will have a red star next to it, like the red star you would see on an individual account icon in OS7.

Now the "Hub".....the Hub is nothing more than what your "All Messages" inbox folder was in OS7. You tell it in Hub Management which of your accounts you want to see in that All Messages inbox, just like you did in OS7. You can have all accounts visible, or no accounts, it's up to you how cluttered you want that inbox. I never used it in OS7 and preferred to just open each account folder icon, but I am trying to use the Hub message box so that I can take advantage of the "peek" feature, which I like.

Someone mentioned that no matter how many accounts you have turned on in Hub Management you will only see messages for up to five of them. This is not true. I have 7 of my accounts turned on in Hub Management and I just confirmed that I can currently see items for all 7 of them in my Hub.

This is how I visualize it in order for it to make sense. I think it needs a little tweaking, but I do like it a lot because of the ability to "peek" from my apps.
    I agree..... that is exactly the way it worked on my storm, however i find the hub somewhat cumbersome to use, also i'm not quite sure i get this "peek" concept......it seems that i cannot get back to the hub from 90% of the apps i use, that first, i have to reduce them and then go to the hub....maybe i am missing something here?
    04-12-13 09:56 AM
    I *think* after making changes in Hub Management that you have to restart the Hub so that it repopulates with the changed accounts. You restart the Hub by swiping diagonally down 5 times from the top right corner (I thought this was a joke when I first heard it...lol).
    Ninja! Just to add to your tip, make sure to be in the hub when doing it. Great tip!
    04-12-13 10:32 AM
    I agree..... that is exactly the way it worked on my storm, however i find the hub somewhat cumbersome to use, also i'm not quite sure i get this "peek" concept......it seems that i cannot get back to the hub from 90% of the apps i use, that first, i have to reduce them and then go to the hub....maybe i am missing something here?
    I think it would be an app to app discovery, but from the main screen you can get to the hub correct?

I used angry birds to see how it would react. So AB runs in a landscape mode, you'd need to hold the phone in portrait and left swipe, the app goes to the background and you can swipe again to get to it the hub. Weather.com App, is a portrait app, doesnt let peeking work, have to swipe from the bottom to background it then left swipe for hub. These are apps from BB World, whether they are android ports or native is another question.
    04-12-13 10:40 AM
    I wonder how often Z10 owners would actually use the Hub if BB10 had the individual mail boxes for each account like older BlackBerry phones did.

On OS567 we have the same thing as the hub. It does everything the BB10 hub does that I can tell. Except it does all of those things better and we weren't forced to use it. I personally, only ever used the mass box for cleaning up my messages. When a email would come in, I'd click on that account's icon. At the end of the day, I'd open up the Messages app, and delete all the stuff I didn't need anymore. I imagine a lot of people used the older BlackBerry phones like that.

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally don't always want to see a cluttered collection of everything. Sometimes I just want to see what I am looking for. If a email comes in, I want to find the email quickly and easily. I don't want to see all 9 of my email accounts, SMS, BBM, Twitter, FaceBook, phone calls etc.

Having the option to see all of those things at once was great on the older BlackBerry OS because it was optional! The older BlackBerry phones allowed us to have it either way we wanted, quick and easy, straight to the account we wanted or to everything at once. The newest BlackBerry phone forces us to use only one of the options we used to have. And the option they forced on us isn't the most efficient. It sucks. The apologists can pretend it doesn't suck, but it does. Less options always suck.

Hopefully they fix it with an update soon.
    04-12-13 11:18 AM
    I just turned off my Yahoo! messages in my Hub and they immediately disappeared. I don't understand the OP's problem.
    04-12-13 03:12 PM
    That, my friend, was an outstanding explanation....well done
    04-12-13 03:54 PM
    To get to the hub directly from an app running in full-screen, start swiping upward from the bottom of the screen and curve the swipe off the right side of the screen.. The motion is like an inverted hickey stick..
    04-12-13 04:27 PM
    I do now give up with this crap phone!!!! Please no more replies because as thick as I am, I can still get the message. Thank you for all your help and I appreciate your time in posting your answers. Just a shame RIM produced a crap phone. My fault for buying it I suppose!
    Sad oldman is right lol...
    04-12-13 10:13 PM
    About time!
    Now we don't have to read anymore of your inept, inane and ignorant posts
    brout likes this.
    04-12-13 10:37 PM
91 ... 234