Hello,
    I awoke this morning to find all my email messages deleted from the hub on my BBZ10, they were there when I plugged it in the night before. Is this a problem anyone else has had to deal with? Is there any way of getting those messages back?
    Another thing I noticed is that whenever I delete a message from my hub, it's completely gone - I would have thought that it would be moved to the trash folder. Is there a setting to allow this?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:08 AM
    Same thing happened to my Q yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:10 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Could it be you two had your devices set to only store messages for 30 days and well... it's pst 30 days?
    06-14-13 11:35 AM
    That may be but why would all the messages be deleted at once? I know there were messages there from yesterday which would have only been 1 day old. I will check the settings to see if it's set to delete after 30 days.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:47 AM
    And in my case, it 30 days had past.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:27 PM
    I had a similar problem this morning. Woke up all my calls,txts and emails were deleted. I had some very important emails that were deleted and am trying a recovery thru yahoo.
    where is the option to hold +30day emails? How can I stop this from happening in the future

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 03:59 PM
    I may be wrong but I think you can only set that when you add the account the device.

I'll let you guys know if this isn't the case.
    06-21-13 01:31 PM
    Hello,
    I awoke this morning to find all my email messages deleted from the hub on my BBZ10, they were there when I plugged it in the night before. Is this a problem anyone else has had to deal with? Is there any way of getting those messages back?
    Another thing I noticed is that whenever I delete a message from my hub, it's completely gone - I would have thought that it would be moved to the trash folder. Is there a setting to allow this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes this happens. In my case I will start to check my email and when I delete the first one after I have read it the rest of the unread emails will suddenly be gone never to have been read or opened. BlackBerry has some serious problems that are effecting people and for me on Verizon I can't get the newest software.

No I am not interested in trying these so called leaks. That is not the solution. The solution is for BlackBerry to get their head out of their rear ends and start taking care of the problems and to make sure that software updates are released to everyone at the same time on the same day.
    06-21-13 01:37 PM
    If everything is missing in your Hub, the Hub needs to be restarted. Seems to lock up on occasion. Try dragging your finger down the right side, from top to bottom 5 times while in the Hub. You should see it say the hub is restarting.

If it's just a particular email account, then, yes, probably past your 30 days setting. You can go into Settings - Accounts. Choose the email account. Depending on the type of connection (POP, IMAP, or Exchange), you'll be able to edit folder settings or go into advanced to see how long you can sync emails. If you're on OS 10.1, you should have more than 30 days as an option.

For whom asked, if you delete an email off your phone, it's deleted (and synced back to your email server and deleted there). There is no Trash folder on the Z10.
    06-21-13 01:41 PM
    This just happened to me, and coincidentally, it seems to have deleted all my emails from 3 September accounts, going back 30 days. All I did this morning, was to delete one email, and it wiped the entire hub, and consequently felted a months worth of emails from my 3 pop mail accounts. Thus us the final straw for me, I've been a long and loyal BlackBerry user for 10 years, but I can't take any of this. Tip; move your pop mail inbox messages every day into an un synced archive folder. By doing this, blackberry can't run your life
    09-07-13 09:59 AM
    Excuse all the spelling errors, it's just another attribute of this damn z10
    09-07-13 10:01 AM
    September = separate
    Felted = deleted
    Thus = this
    09-07-13 10:03 AM
    Uh oh.. it was my fault after all, sorry blackberry. It was me that screwed up, not blackberry.
    Seems I inadvertently touched the date at the top of the hub, and NOT the first email which I wanted to delete. If you hit the date, and then hit delete, you will delete all hub content prior to that date which was in my case today's date. Yes there's a little warning, which looks similar to the warning you get when wanting to delete a single email, but instead of confirming the deletion of the email, it warns... "you will not be able to undo this action" and it deletes everything in the hub, prior to the date you click on. - mega oops!
    09-07-13 10:22 AM
    Uh oh.. it was my fault after all, sorry blackberry. It was me that screwed up, not blackberry.
    Seems I inadvertently touched the date at the top of the hub, and NOT the first email which I wanted to delete. If you hit the date, and then hit delete, you will delete all hub content prior to that date which was in my case today's date. Yes there's a little warning, which looks similar to the warning you get when wanting to delete a single email, but instead of confirming the deletion of the email, it warns... "you will not be able to undo this action" and it deletes everything in the hub, prior to the date you click on. - mega oops!
    This same thing happened to me this morning! Thank you for posting this.
    12-27-13 05:33 PM
    I do not even see the option of how long to keep email. I am running stock latest Verizon on my Z10 and I do not think this is even there, unless someone would be so kind to posting a pic of exactly what to look for, I am not sure where else to look
    12-27-13 05:42 PM