When I add a contact, it automatically adds links to all accounts on the phone. Afterwards, I must manually unlink the accounts I don't want linked. It doesn't make a difference if the other accounts are showing or not. Is there a setting to avoid this extra step?

Thank you for any help.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    10-04-13 12:04 AM
    dont think there is a way to do this yet. Its a gripe among almost everyone
    southlander likes this.
    10-04-13 12:27 AM
    I believe, that's what they referring to as a "computing device"...

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 01:39 AM
    When I add a contact, it automatically adds links to all accounts on the phone. Afterwards, I must manually unlink the accounts I don't want linked. It doesn't make a difference if the other accounts are showing or not. Is there a setting to avoid this extra step?

Thank you for any help.
    I'm curious -- Why would you not want the contacts to be linked?
    I find it very useful, myself.
    stevedefrel likes this.
    10-04-13 06:32 AM
    I'm curious -- Why would you not want the contacts to be linked?
    I find it very useful, myself.
    Good question. It is a great feature, just not all the time. If you have three different businesses, with three different email addresses, the z10 first adds the contact information to all of them, then synchronizes via Google contacts. Later you go home, pull up an email account and find your contacts have increased with people you don't want in that specific email contact list. We believe when adding a contact to the z10,you should be able to choose the accounts you wish to link. Of course, after you create the contact, it is easy to unlink, however, you better be quick just in case it's ready to auto sync.
    10-04-13 08:12 AM
    For a Professional or PROsumer device, it is too social media-centric. I am not a business professional any longer but I don't do facebook and I just want my simple contacts that I add to the phone. I don't like syncing and prefer manual whether it is music or photos or CONTACTS and CALENDARS. Leave the choice to _ME_. Stop making this stuff mandatory. I never add photos to contacts, yet a few of mine have photos that the device grabbed somewhere OUT THERE. I DO NOT WANT THE HELP!
    bob_tn likes this.
    10-04-13 09:29 AM
    OK, those answers make sense. Hadn't thought of it that way.
    Different strokes for different folks, as they say. Looks like the option should be added.

Edit: I wonder if turning off "Search for contact details" under Contact settings would help those of you who don't want extraneous info?
    10-04-13 09:39 AM
    Yeah, my Hotmail stores all my personal contacts while my work email only stores work contacts. I don't want my personal contacts going into my work email because they have no business in having those.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:44 PM
    There should be no crossover whatsoever between work and personal email or contacts using Balance.
    Unless you mean your employer is not using Balance for it's employees. In that case I understand.
    10-04-13 01:43 PM