Ok I need to know this before I Pay full boat for a Z10 to keep my unlimited plan on Verizon.
    Has anyone tried to use the hotspot feature on Verizon with a laptop and not get the pop up message that they need to pay the $20 for data? 2Gb I might add.
    Has anyone tried to tether the Z10?

I need to use My laptop in the field and on secure web sites with a hotspot or tethered.
    Thanks in advance.
    03-28-13 10:29 AM
    Gave me the message that i needed to contact my mobile provider to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan.

I am unlimtied
    03-28-13 11:06 AM
    Gave me the message that i needed to contact my mobile provider to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan.

I am unlimtied
    That's default, built in the OS and completely unrelated to what plan you have. The phone, as advanced a it is, cannot differentiate data plans. 256kb, 1gb, unlimited... It's all the same for a Z10.
    03-28-13 11:23 AM
    When ever I use my 9930 and try to tether it and use it with my laptop it sends me to the Verizon web page to sign up for the data plan. This only happens when I try to go to a secure site. Happens when I tether my PB as well.

Just trying to find out if it didn't happen with Z10.
    03-28-13 11:45 AM

I am unlimtied
    Looks like there is no way around it! sad
    03-28-13 11:46 AM
    You can wait till tether.com or tetherbridge will develop an app for the z10
    03-28-13 11:51 AM
    That's default, built in the OS and completely unrelated to what plan you have. The phone, as advanced a it is, cannot differentiate data plans. 256kb, 1gb, unlimited... It's all the same for a Z10.
    Not sure what you mean,
    The hotspot feature should work regardless of plan....but those on Unlimited grandfathered plans get the message to contact their provider. That does not seem OS specific to me.
    brkiko201 likes this.
    03-28-13 11:51 AM
    Not sure what you mean,
    The hotspot feature should work regardless of plan....but those on Unlimited grandfathered plans get the message to contact their provider. That does not seem OS specific to me.
    If you have unlimited data plan and 4G device you can get unlimited mobile hotspot from VZW for $30 if you do the $20 version it might not let you keep the unlimited.
    03-28-13 11:54 AM
    Hotspot is included only if you have a share plan. If you're on unlimited, you will have to subscribe separately.
    03-28-13 11:56 AM
    Mobile Hotspot - Smartphone Mobile Hotspot

"The great news is that with Share Everything plans, there is no additional cost to activate, enable or make use of this feature, so you can easily set up a personal Wi-Fi hotspot on your smartphone. "
    04-03-13 07:33 PM
    I was reviewing my bill/plan last year and saw a checkbox for wifi hotspot at no additional charge that i could opt for even though my bold was not compatible. Luckily i went ahead and checked it for all devices on my plan. (this was before the unlimited plans went away)
    04-03-13 08:01 PM
    If you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan with VZW, you can pay an extra 30.00 a month and have the unlimited hotspot feature (only with 4G LTE devices as 4G isn't capped)

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:11 PM