I need some help from all of you Z10 Owners and by now Super Users (who know inside-out of this device)
    How can I customize what can be displayed on the Home Screen ( first time you see the display - before you swipe up to enter )
    Mine shows Calendar Events ( from my default Calendar) and shows Birhday's of some contacts which I never enabled ( even these contacts are not regular ones). I tried ( un-checking the Birthday Calendar) from the 'manage' option.

But I still get that Birthday Event reminder on my home screen.

How csn we stop events being displayed on the home screen? or even how can we control what can be displayed instead?
    05-11-13 05:01 PM
    Items show up on the home screen by default. But, if you set an item in your Calendar as 'private' then it doesn't show on the home screen...
    05-11-13 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick response, the contact was on my LinkedIn and now I removed from there and also disabled the Birthday Calendar.
    If I go into my Calendar, I do not see the event on that particular day. my Calendar is empty. but this BD reminder is still showing up on the home screen, which is very annoying for me. I like my Travel events which do show up on the Home Screen.

Any clues, where is it picking up from? I removed all the three / four email conversations I had with this contact.
    05-11-13 05:21 PM
    With the Contact on your device is it 'linked' at all? Maybe in the Contact itself there is a birthday option in LinkedIn? I don't use it, hence the speculation...
    05-11-13 05:27 PM
    No chance of that, since the contact was on LinkedIn only and i removed from there. it is not there on my phone or any other email at all.
    I even tried turning off LinkedIn from the Hub , but no luck it still shows up.

Is there a way to clean up the device history of any kind? just thinking that it is somewhere there on the device and I'm not able to see.
    05-11-13 05:42 PM
    Alright one part of this is RESOLVED !! now.

The Birthday reminders as events - displayed on home screen are gone now.

The reason was:
    > my Microsoft email Outlook.com has calendars for general Appts / US Holidays and Birthday Calendars. so if you use this email accounts on Social networking sites, the Birthday calenday will create events wih DOB's of the contacts on your account. And Z10 Hub synchs all of this events information.
    > So what I did was I deleted the Birthday Calendars on my MS (outlook.com) email accounts, removed and added the same email accounts on Z10 and notw those unwanted Birthday reminders are gone from the Home Screen.

BUT

the second peice of this puzzle is still there,
    > How to customize Home Screen and how to control what can be displayed on the home screen ?

Thanks,
    VN
    05-12-13 08:58 PM