Hey gang,

well i waited a little for the 'glitches to be worked out and jumped back into the BB Z10. For the most part i am a happy camper, although i have noticed that my battery life is fairly poor. I do a full change overnight and unplug around 8am. However by 4-5pm my battery is down to ~ 10%. I have updated the software and configured the hardware as suggested by others on the forums but it doesnt seem to make much difference.

Anyhow to the point, has anyone thought about or is in fact using 3rd party high capacity batteries like the ones found on ebay? some of these are 46% higher than the OEM 1800 mAh.

KINPS - 2300 MaH battery:

High Capacity Extended 2300mAh Blackberry Battery FOR Z10 LS1 LS 1 BB10 | eBay

or

2680mAH LS1 Gold High-Capacity Battery

2680mAh LS1 Gold High Capacity Battery FOR Blackberry Z10 L S1 | eBay

Please let me know.

thanks
    K
    05-31-13 01:57 PM
    I second this, I would love to see a high quality third party battety come out around 2300 mah......That would be excellent id buy it in a second.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:02 PM
    Im tempted to buy it and try but my concerns are:

a) these are just 'fake' in the sense of their capactiy claims.

b) these batteries damage the phone hardware.

Would love to hear if someone is currently using something similar.

K
    05-31-13 02:06 PM

K
    Ya totally agree!

I want to see a big accessory comoany make a 2200mah or 2500mah battery for the z10. That would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:58 PM
    Seems very possible. As an update. I googled the KINPS brand and found another review for a samsung user. Apparently it added 2.5-3 times the duration. The guy is quoting almost 40 hours without a change.
    05-31-13 03:44 PM
    Do not buy no name chinese garbage.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and zeoswj like this.
    05-31-13 03:56 PM
    I am fine to let others be guinea pigs for me. ;-)
    05-31-13 04:02 PM
    Dear All, This is my first post in this forum though I have been a quite observer / follower of this forum for more than 3 years now. I have been using only Blackberry phones from 2008. So, please do welcome me to the group:-)

Ok - I am really keen on buying this higher capacity battery (2680mAH LS1 Gold High-Capacity Battery For Blackberry Z10 L-S1). Will this harm my phone's hardware in addition to me just getting cheated by some unknown brand battery? Are there any other higher capacity battery options available for BB Z10? I get around 12 hours using 2G, 3 email accounts, 1 Facebook account, 1 Twitter account, 1 WhatsApp account and BBM. My usage is hardly 10 calls a day with an average call time of 2 mins per call or less than that, few BBMs and probably around 25 emails. My screen brightness is at '0'. I have turned off everything (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC etc) except the mobile data Is this good or really bad? Are there any other ways to extend the battery life? I really want to get at least one day after full charge and don't want to switch of my data.

I am looking forward to your revert and greetings! Thanks
    06-05-13 07:25 AM
    Please check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=809269

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:36 AM

K
    +1

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-05-13 07:37 AM
    do not take risk.
    06-05-13 07:42 AM
    Personally, I'm only interested in a OEM BlackBerry high capacity battery that doesn't add any additional bulk to the phone.

If a reputable company makes a battery with BlackBerry's stamp of approval then I might consider that option as well. Otherwise, I may need to start adoption of a spare battery pack and charger.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-05-13 07:46 AM
    A high capacity battery will have to add bulk to the phone. If BlackBerry could have had a battery with more power and the same size, don't you think they would have used it?

There's no magic high capacity battery that only cheap Chinese manufacturers know how to produce, it's just mislabeling of a product.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:38 AM
    it does not work!!
    06-06-13 06:15 AM
    I ordered the 2680 mah (gold) from ebay and it doesn't do what it says it does, but sure makes a good spare battery. it's the same size as the oem battery in the z10. with normal usage, I can say the oem battery lasts longer:-)
    Just Me likes this.
    06-15-13 05:49 PM
    Any non-BlackBerry battery will likely have a battery capacity at MOST 80% level of the original battery. And at MOST 50% of the lifespan.
    There is nothing wrong with buying these batteries from ebay if they are cheap. But don't spend the same amount as you would at your local retail store, even if the product claims to be much better with capacity and such.
    06-15-13 05:53 PM
    No aftermarket batteries do what they claim. Yes you will get longer batter life, but not for long. There's a reason they are cheap.

I wish BlackBerry would get their **** together and release some good oem products for us like a docking station

We see pictures and "coming soon"... Blackberrys famous words

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 06-15-13 at 07:47 PM.
    06-15-13 07:14 PM
    Sorry but I got one for my Note 2 and it really last much more just sayin

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 02:42 PM
    I got a gold one for my 9780 and while not being crazy long battery life, it was about 25-30% more than the stock battery. I'd take 25-30% more power for my Z10.

It is always a risk buying anything that's not OEM. So try to get a such info as you can before you do it (and let us know, so we can join in or avoid it hah).

Dear All, This is my first post in this forum though I have been a quite observer / follower of this forum for more than 3 years now. I have been using only Blackberry phones from 2008. So, please do welcome me to the group:-)

Ok - I am really keen on buying this higher capacity battery (2680mAH LS1 Gold High-Capacity Battery For Blackberry Z10 L-S1). Will this harm my phone's hardware in addition to me just getting cheated by some unknown brand battery? Are there any other higher capacity battery options available for BB Z10? I get around 12 hours using 2G, 3 email accounts, 1 Facebook account, 1 Twitter account, 1 WhatsApp account and BBM. My usage is hardly 10 calls a day with an average call time of 2 mins per call or less than that, few BBMs and probably around 25 emails. My screen brightness is at '0'. I have turned off everything (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC etc) except the mobile data Is this good or really bad? Are there any other ways to extend the battery life? I really want to get at least one day after full charge and don't want to switch of my data.

I am looking forward to your revert and greetings! Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:45 AM
    I have the gold 2680 mAh and it has the same capacity as the stock battery. If anything, it makes a good spare.
    07-27-13 09:02 AM
    I have the gold 2680 mAh and it has the same capacity as the stock battery. If anything, it makes a good spare.
    The vendor states that actual capacity is between 2000 and 2300. That's about 11-27% better than the stock (and probably something most of us would just not be able to notice at all lol).
    07-27-13 03:18 PM

K
    Would you mind explaining how a larger capacity battery would damage your phone? I could only this if the power output was higher than what the device accepts, but the mAh itself can't damage or harm your phone. It's like plugging a 12v DC 1A power plug into a 12v DC 500mA device thinking it would damage your device when it wouldn't as that 500mA would have up to 1A of current to draw from.
    07-27-13 06:10 PM
    I read a couple of posts where people bought batteries claiming to have a higher capacity, peeled off the labels to find stock 1800 mah batteries underneath...by chance have you looked at yours?...Just curious...
    07-28-13 04:30 AM
    Have a picture for us?
    I ordered the 2680 mah (gold) from ebay and it doesn't do what it says it does, but sure makes a good spare battery. it's the same size as the oem battery in the z10. with normal usage, I can say the oem battery lasts longer:-)
    07-28-13 04:31 AM
    I got the charger bundle off Amazon. It was around 30 bucks and I love it. 2 OEM batteries will definitely get you through the day imo

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 05:43 AM
35 12