Guys,

Had my Z10 since launch day in Canada, and my keyboard doesn't seem to be learning where I hit certain keys.

I had read that "The heat sensitive layer under the glass helps the phone recognize where you hit the keypad most and auto corrects according to your accuracy"

Could this be hardware as opposed to software ? I does however learn the words I use etc, which I assume would be software
    04-25-13 09:18 AM
    dunno about the heat sensitive thing, but the playbook also "learns" your words,,, i'm surprised, sometimes, what words it brings up...
    04-25-13 09:30 AM
    Guys,

Had my Z10 since launch day in Canada, and my keyboard doesn't seem to be learning where I hit certain keys.

I had read that "The heat sensitive layer under the glass helps the phone recognize where you hit the keypad most and auto corrects according to your accuracy"

Could this be hardware as opposed to software ? I does however learn the words I use etc, which I assume would be software
    I really don't think you'd notice a lot of difference or be able to tell if its working or not. If its giving you the correct word prediction, then its working.

here was a heat map from my Nexus 4 with swiftkey.

Z10 Heat Sensitive Keyboard-typing_heatmap.png
    04-25-13 09:43 AM
    I really don't think you'd notice a lot of difference or be able to tell if its working or not. If its giving you the correct word prediction, then its working.

here was a heat map from my Nexus 4 with swiftkey.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Typing_Heatmap.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	154935
    Cool map!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:53 AM