Here's my story...

Yesterday was a bad day. During the week I realized that none of my music apps was working...or so I thought. I posted questions and the feedback was basically to do a security wipe on the phone and start new with a fresh OS. Which I did. 3 times! From 1047 to 1343 to 1371 and then back to 10.1 MR with 2 more security wipes in between. Did all this work? Nada.

The conclusion to all of this is I think my headphones jack is probably pooched. I tried other headphones with a slightly different jack and they worked only to have the original headphones + the premium headphones that come with the Q10 not work. There is no 'click in' to them when inserted which is very annoying . Are they in all the way? Sorry headphones =earbuds. No sound coming out of either pair + when I stick them in the jack they make a double clicking sound. Not working with any music app...Nobex, CBC Music, nothing.

So what is my recourse now?. I think I have a year warranty on the phone from BlackBerry. I'm going to my carrier tomorrow (Wind) to see if they can do anything for me. Those of you out there who know from experience who/what numbers should I call at BlackBerry? I love my Z to death but now I feel like I have damaged goods.

Thanks CB nation. I know you'll pull through and give me the answers I need!
    08-25-13 04:05 PM
    All blackberry products have a 1 year warranty, and Z10s have been out less then a year, so every single one of them is still under warranty!

Reload the stock OS, then bring it to your carrier and they'll send it to blackberry for repair, blackberry will ship it back good as new or replaced depending on the issue.
    08-25-13 04:26 PM
    Could it be the jack is filled with dust/lint etc? Try blowing it out.
    08-25-13 04:35 PM
    I blew it out with compressed air. No luck. Took it to Wind today and they will send it to Blackberry. Kinda miffed that I had to spend $80 (that I'll get back when it's fixed and not voided the warranty in any way). I just want my phone back. I really know why now it's nickname is a Crackberry....lol!
    08-26-13 01:12 PM
    I had the same problem with my Q10, no sound from my headphone jack however I was able to get FM radio stations so it recognized something. I tried several suggestions posted, no system wipe, and nothing worked. As I was streaming music to my Platronics M25, I noticed that the audio in the music settings did not list headphones as an option. I plugged in the headphones and the icon showed up and they played music. I turned the phone off and on again and it still works the way it should. ?!?!
    02-09-14 10:24 PM