My HDMI port seems to be pooched and I bought 5 new movies for $0.99 and now I can't watch any of them. Any suggestions on how I can watch these movies. I have been trying for many days. I have tried PlayBook, copying movies, Bridge etc. No luck.

Many thanks, todd.
    12-23-13 08:55 PM
    (adding on to original post) ... Regarding HDMI not working is there anything I can try other than a re-install of the OS. I have tried 2 HDMI cables.
    12-23-13 08:56 PM
    quickest solution? Download the movies you've already paid for. You're free and clear in the legal sense. You bought the movies.

Download them, watch them on whatever platform you want.

If your HDMI port is borked, then it's borked... not much you can do there.
    12-23-13 09:12 PM
    (adding on to original post) ... Regarding HDMI not working is there anything I can try other than a re-install of the OS. I have tried 2 HDMI cables.
    OS won't solve a hardware issue. Warranty maybe?

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-23-13 09:25 PM
    Dlna, play on xbox360 or play station device. I play mine on my xbox360. Have my xbox on my network with my phone shared, once they can see each other I choose the video, go to the options by clicking the three dots and choose playon.

Done, enjoy your movies.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    irweezyy likes this.
    12-23-13 09:47 PM
    Dlna, play on xbox360 or play station device. I play mine on my xbox360. Have my xbox on my network with my phone shared, once they can see each other I choose the video, go to the options by clicking the three dots and choose playon.

Done, enjoy your movies.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    Or media server to ps3 also works, or even dlna to a compatible tv with it built in, you just need to be on same wifi network, and on the z10 you need to grant permission to the applicable ip address.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:54 PM
    quickest solution? Download the movies you've already paid for. You're free and clear in the legal sense. You bought the movies.

If your HDMI port is borked, then it's borked... not much you can do there.
    That won't work at all. They have DRM and can only be played on a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:56 PM

...<snip>.
    Hey BennyX

How do I download them? I logged on to Appworld on my PC and found I could only download to the phone.
    12-23-13 09:57 PM
    This is probably a hardware issue. I had mine replaced under warranty as the hdmi port was getting flaky.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:18 PM
    I have a feeling the suggestion to download them is a suggestion to find, ahem, other sources since the feeling is you have already purchased them. That might not be exactly legal.

What happens when you try using the hdmi port? Have you tried a different TV? You've select hdmi and the correct one on the tv as some tv's have more than one. Sometimes changing the order of plugging in and/or starting the tv or phone can affect things.

Carrier for warranty.
    12-23-13 10:49 PM
    I have tried multiple HDMI ports on the TV with two HDMI cables. I have tried the cables on a PC monitor as well and I can see the Z10 flickering on/off but mainly off. It can sometimes hold an image on the monitor in one of the other resolutions, but the ideal resolution is basically toast. I have generally just plugged in with the TV on and Z10 on, but screen off. It would seem rather a bother to have to turn the Z10 completely off in order to connect. I'll look into warranty. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    12-24-13 12:55 AM