The last couple of days I've been browsing this forum to see how other people experience the new BB Z10, and though
    I see a lot of positive things, there are still some negative things being said about it.

Now I'm wondering, are most issues hardware or software related?
    Can the issues be due to the hardware the Z10 has, or is it a software problem Blackberry can fix with a software update?
    I'd love to hear some feedback from people who already have the Z10!

Regards.
    02-03-13 03:15 PM
    I haven't got any hardware while using mine neither do I read anyone complaining about hardware. Yes people are pointing out few bugs and they will get fixed with updates
    02-03-13 03:20 PM
    I haven't got any hardware while using mine neither do I read anyone complaining about hardware. Yes people are pointing out few bugs and they will get fixed with updates
    Yet problems as low battery life, screen not being very bright etc. Are these problems fixable with a software update?
    02-03-13 03:26 PM
    If anyone had a 9900/9930 at launch you could easily understand how battery life can improve with software tweaks. Over the time I had mine every update seemed to help pro long battery life. I would think it will be the same way with the Z10 as well. Lots of optimizations in software can be done to improve battery life.
    02-03-13 03:30 PM
    I have the device and for a version one software this really something incredible... I have not run into any problems (no crashing which is awesome!!!)... Maybe a few things that need adding are landscape mode For some apps etc... As for the features on the z10, they really have lived up to expectations for me... And I finally have a device which is up there with the competition.. as a messaging guy, I can safely it is better than the competition.. The hub is my favourite feature and noone is even close....even features like the voice apply give siri and stay voice a run for their money...
    02-03-13 03:35 PM
    Yet problems as low battery life, screen not being very bright etc. Are these problems fixable with a software update?
    I am not into battery life problem as I always carry an extra battery with me since I had 9900 and will do same with Z10 so cannot answer this question. About screen, I just read in another thread that someone went to check phone and compared to HTC one X and Z10 had brighter screen. There will be other users who are using iphone etc so they might be able to shed more light on it but I have not found screen not bright enough to surprise me
    02-03-13 03:35 PM
    I don't know who the idiots are saying the screen isn't any good or it's not bright because I compared it with my Samsung Note 2 and the BB10 had the better/brighter screen by far.
    zombie73 likes this.
    02-03-13 03:57 PM
    Day 2 with Z10 and here is what I've noticed:
    - 1 Crash. Had phone in pocket, took it out and it was off. Had to turn it back on with power button. 80% sure that this was not "user error", but who knows.
    - had phone on vibrate. Answered incoming call through car bluetooth button, phone continued to vibrate non-stop for whole duration of call. Had to power off/on to make it stop. Got a good laugh out of my iphone carrying passenger...
    - browsing web, screen went black. Had to scroll up/down to get it to redraw the page. May have been a website related issue?
    02-03-13 04:04 PM
    The display is fine, but battery life has been a big issue for me. It rarely lasts 12 hours under normal use, which I'm finding hard to get used to. Hopefully this is something BlackBerry can improve with software updates. As for software bugs, I've noticed very few. Sometimes apps stall a little upon opening, but it's not a common thing, and they'll eventually load up fine if you wait. I have noticed a weird bug in the Hub; I cannot open messages from a certain person -- they open for a split second then close again. I have no idea why that is.
    Last edited by killianb; 02-03-13 at 04:16 PM.
    02-03-13 04:06 PM
    Hi no problems with the z10. just the sim vodafone sending the wrong one, had to wait 2 hours before playing with it can't Put it down, most of what I read is no one want to do the learning curve new op system. not hard just different .
    02-03-13 04:11 PM
    I think the key take away is that it is no playbook and BB will be okay and grow.
    02-03-13 04:33 PM
    I have an issue where my Z10 wont recieve or make any calls whilst on 3G or above, however when i manually select 2G calls and text work again - i have flagged it with Vodafone UK and they are looking into it. But its very annoying as it was working perfectly for the last few days!!!
    02-04-13 08:25 AM
    How could it generaly only last 12 hrs it just came out?
    02-06-13 09:45 PM
    The display is fine, but battery life has been a big issue for me. It rarely lasts 12 hours under normal use, which I'm finding hard to get used to. Hopefully this is something BlackBerry can improve with software updates. As for software bugs, I've noticed very few. Sometimes apps stall a little upon opening, but it's not a common thing, and they'll eventually load up fine if you wait. I have noticed a weird bug in the Hub; I cannot open messages from a certain person -- they open for a split second then close again. I have no idea why that is.
    How could it rarely last only 12 hrs it just came out it could have only happened 1 or 2 times? Mine is still on the first charge and it is almost full 30 hrs,243 emails, many many songs, 23 pictures and several videos later, still over 3/4 of my battery life left
    02-06-13 09:47 PM