I side-loaded Google Maps but the GPS keeps searching and dropping. Whereas on the already installed maps the GPS remains locked on. Perhaps I shoukld try re-loading Google Maps? has anyone else had this problem. There seems to be such a choice of Google maps ranging from one app at �3.50 which I bought and seems useless down to the free versions. Any opinions on which is best.
    I would just try a few different versions, one might work better. Good luck man
    03-05-13 07:28 PM
    So what you're saying is BlackBerry is to blame because Google is playing app politics by deciding not to make an app (or taking their time with it) for BlackBerry 10? Not seeing the logic in there at all.
    It's not about blame, but about who will be benefited the most. In this case BlackBerry.
    There's more than a million Android devices activated each day; could take a while before Google feels bothered enough to build a native version for BB10 OS.

At this point, the name of the game is apps. The success of a smartphone OS has very little to do with the actual OS. iOS is pretty good but dated; Android was a monstrosity during it's first iterations and only after it hit 4.X did it really begin to shine. webOS had a real shot but HP killed it weeks after release; BBOS is great, stable, actual multitasking, using RAM and CPU like no other. And it won't make a difference. In the least.

Is it Google's fault or BlackBerry's fault there's no Google Maps on BBOS 10? Who cares.
    It's up to BlackBerry to get people on board their platform if they want to stay alive.

Also, how can I know what version of Google Maps I installed?
    03-05-13 08:03 PM
    Can someone post the best bar to use?

Thanks!
    03-05-13 09:17 PM
    Apps? Pshhh.
    I just load the website, it's better than the app IMHO.

:-)
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 09:21 PM
    I will say it again. It has to be in Blackberry's interest that the Google products work on their devices - agreed?? Therefore it is up to Blackberry as a major manufacturer to discuss this with Google. It is no good leaving it to Blackberry customers to do this. OK if you are a techno geek who will enjoy trying to converse with something as large and annonymous as Google but I suggest most of us would be out of our depth trying to deal with Google and don't have the time to spare. I have yet to discover how to communicate with Blackberry!
    And how do you know blackberry is not in discussions right now?
    Responsibility always comes down to the developer which in this case is Google.
    So yeah stop with the misinformation and accept that you need to hassle Google to get this sorted. BlackBerry can discuss all day long but only Google can make the app.
    It isn't rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 01:19 AM
    I think actually I downloaded it from Blackberry World. But perhaps i did it from the Blackberry Link. Sorry to be rather vague. Did it on the first day I got the Z10.
    03-06-13 05:40 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what Side-loading is. I assumed it was loading from Blackberry Link via my laptop??
    03-06-13 05:42 PM
    I sideloaded it but found the GPS kept dropping and it spent all its time 'Searching for GPS'. The Latitude function is seperate. I feel it is not a real fix.
    Yeah same here the GPS gets dropped within 2-3 min of driving, this is on playbook as well as Z10, but you still see the map route and can manually move it around, you just lose voice navigation.

I do believe this is due to it being a higher android app which i bet pings google and once seen its not a samsung phone or what have you, it loses the gps signal.
    03-06-13 05:50 PM
    I will say it again. It has to be in Blackberry's interest that the Google products work on their devices - agreed?? Therefore it is up to Blackberry as a major manufacturer to discuss this with Google. It is no good leaving it to Blackberry customers to do this. OK if you are a techno geek who will enjoy trying to converse with something as large and annonymous as Google but I suggest most of us would be out of our depth trying to deal with Google and don't have the time to spare. I have yet to discover how to communicate with Blackberry!
    Sorry, couldn't resist...

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

If that doesn't solve your Google woes my friend, then you should definitely look into the Samsung Galaxy SIII, the Note2, or HTC, LG, etc... Time to move on. Frankly, I admire your loyalty but it seriously isn't worth the frustration if you're having so many problems. Get an Android phone, and be happy! There's nothing wrong with that, I have several friends that have Android phones and they seem quite happy with them. All the best, and good luck!
    03-06-13 06:03 PM
    I have google maps on my pb and use it. It works fine. I find the map app on my Z10 works great but not sure what people exactly need out of the app. As for the OP, if you don't know how to sideload you wouldn't have google maps on your device so I don't think you know what you are doing. Maybe look at how to sideload, do that and then come back if you have issues. Cheers!
    03-06-13 06:15 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what Side-loading is. I assumed it was loading from Blackberry Link via my laptop??
    That's not what sideloading is. How did you get the original gmaps on your z10? Did you buy one of the map apps from BBWorld? Because you can actually "sideload" converted android apps with programs like DDPB and BBH-Tools. If you do a quick search, there's lots of info on it on this website. Definitely worth it
    03-06-13 08:47 PM
    I have used the Z10 maps several times now and each time I am pleasantly surprised by how great an app it is. I have side loaded google maps on my playbook and had no use for it so I have not bothered for the z

Posted via CB10
    zachgeo likes this.
    03-06-13 09:30 PM
    Reerr

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:43 AM
    I just would like to know if anyone really got latitude working on their Z10. I have side loaded 4 different versions and none have the option to sign into latitude.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:46 AM
    How are you guys getting Google maps to work. I lose gps signal every 2 minutes and then it's stuck on looking for signal. What version are you guys using?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:52 AM
    Is there any chance to get the same location sharing that latitude had on any other app?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:38 AM
41 12