Moment of truth for Blackberry. I posted about two different experiences with battery life - between my spouse and myself. My phone has been good, hers has had lock ups, freezes and poor batttery life. Today, the screen froze on her calendar - we did the 10 second reboot, nothing and then a battery pull. The screen was black with a flashing red light, which apparently indicated logic card failure. This is a business phone, so she is gone to try to get a replacement. As this is a business interruption, it will be interesting to see how responsive blackberry is. However, based on her experience, she was emphatic, due to all the issues with the Z10 she is leaving the brand. I can appreciate peoples frustrations. We will see how Blackberry addresses this failure and I will keep updating the post. I am trying to support the brand and do think the new OS is the right path, but clearly there are some QA issues, as my phone has been virtually faultless. But 1 in 2 is not sufficient for a business phone.
    06-24-13 10:47 AM
    should have used the sticky
    Returning your BlackBerry Z10? POST HERE DON'T START A THREAD!
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    06-24-13 10:53 AM
    Yes. That sounds very frustrating for sure. But just so u know. There is a very easy solution for a bricked phone. Which she has at moment. It can be recovered very easily by using an autoloader. Just letting u know for future incidences.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.93 & Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    06-24-13 10:56 AM
    I'm not sure if this would considered as the same thing. But my z10 for awhile would turn off by itself every single day. It would freeze up constantly and would stay that way for awhile to where I couldn't use it at all. Finally someone recommend I go to my settings and update it, so I did. After that my z10 has been running smooth and hasn't had any problems.

Posted via CB10
    cyblitz and Jerale Hoard like this.
    06-24-13 10:59 AM
    We will welcome you back if you decide to get a second gen (First gen anythings always have some problems, cars, apps) BlackBerry 10. The reboots have been solved apparently, I've never personally witnessed one. But the battery is average.

Above poster, wait for 10.1 release.
    06-24-13 11:07 AM
    Phone sent back to blackberry. Was told that turnaround for bad hardware is 7-10 days. Rogers stepped up with replacement albeit old bb. But they were very responsive. Was told likely BlackBerry will ship a new z10. Really can't complain. Hopefully the new phone is less problematic.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:43 PM
    I'm not sure if this would considered as the same thing. But my z10 for awhile would turn off by itself every single day. It would freeze up constantly and would stay that way for awhile to where I couldn't use it at all. Finally someone recommend I go to my settings and update it, so I did. After that my z10 has been running smooth and hasn't had any problems.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I try telling people. To enjoy the phone to its fullest you have to keep up with the updates. That's the only solution to keep it from freezing.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:04 PM
    Update. The z10 was replaced. About 11 business days. New phone. We will see if this resolved the battery issues and the freezes. Took about 2-1/2 hours on tech support to restore BlackBerry Link. Had to uninstall and reinstall link twice.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:34 PM
    I suspect you'll have far better luck with this one. Just keep it updated.
    07-11-13 09:35 PM