04-13-13 06:12 PM
67 123
tools
    In Gmail, export your contacts to an outlook file and also export your calendar. Then in outlook.com you can import these.

To set up your outlook account on bb10, hit advanced and then Activesync. Use m.hotmail.com as the server. Or in some cases, it's me outlook.com if one doesn't work, try the other!
    02-15-13 03:47 PM
    If you wait a full 24 hours without trying.. the google server rests the attempts and you can finally add the calDAV calendar, all of your online entries will populate within a few minutes and there's not issue. But it is just a 1 way sync at this point. Hopefully a fix is available soon.
    02-16-13 03:06 PM
    What is the server setting if trying to set up via calDAV?
    Server address is www.google.com

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 03:13 PM
    Server address is [url=http://www.google.com[/url]

That is incorrect. It's https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/youraccounthere@gmail.com/events
    02-16-13 03:18 PM
    I am using Google and it has synced all my calendar entries.
    02-16-13 03:21 PM
    What was your set up process, please ?
    02-16-13 03:23 PM
    Choose CalDav in add accounts.

These are my settings:
    username: [email protected]
    email address: [email protected]
    password: (if 2 step auth is setup , then you need the one time password for this)
    server address: Google
    02-16-13 03:26 PM
    That is incorrect. It's https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/youraccounthere@gmail.com/events
    But you are right this knowledge base article shows the server you mentioned.

I am wondering how google.com worked for me.
    02-16-13 03:37 PM
    Server address is Google

But you are right this knowledge base article shows the server you mentioned.

I am wondering how google.com worked for me.
    My apologies, I just tried it your way and it seems both address get the same results.. and yours is obviously simpler.

Now if only we could get 2 way sync working!
    02-16-13 03:41 PM
    I think I am getting two way syncing with multiple calendars. I'll describe what I did and perhaps someone else can try and test it out.

You need to first delete the other calendar accounts that you may have already.

The key is when I try and add an account I don't go into advanced at all. I just type my email address : [email protected] and password on the next screen. Then you will get a choice to sync email / contacts / calendar. For my main Gmail account I synced all three. When I added a second calendar account (my wife's ... using same method as before) at the last screen I just synced the calendar and turned the email/contacts off so all I got was her calendar.
    02-20-13 10:09 PM
    I think I am getting two way syncing with multiple calendars. I'll describe what I did and perhaps someone else can try and test it out.

You need to first delete the other calendar accounts that you may have already.

The key is when I try and add an account I don't go into advanced at all. I just type my email address : [email protected] and password on the next screen. Then you will get a choice to sync email / contacts / calendar. For my main Gmail account I synced all three. When I added a second calendar account (my wife's ... using same method as before) at the last screen I just synced the calendar and turned the email/contacts off so all I got was her calendar.
    You are syncing one calendar from each account.. the problem some folks are having is syncing multiple calendars from the same account.

Posted via CB10
    intprd04 likes this.
    02-21-13 09:32 AM
    Does this method allow you to add items to the gmail calendar? I have three gmail calendars (each a separate account) and only two of them appear under "Calendar" when I'm adding an event. I thought CalDav was a standard. What on earth is going on?
    02-25-13 11:20 AM
    Hello, Got my Z10 yesterday and loving it so far - Having spent a few hours studiously reading this post have to say really excited as have full gcal sync working both ways - i followed bmsox622(post no; 33 i think) instructions and then downloaded the gcal sync app from blackberry world and now have 8 different calendars all linked to the same account showing on my Z10 - have done some tests and 2 way sync is also working with a delay of around 10 minutes. - Whats also great is that you can pick and choose which to show just by a tick box so dont have to see all of them all of the time. I would also mention that my GCal account isnt a gmail address so it works with other domain name accounts as well - the email linked was also set up previously as an email account and didnt need deleting to put it on as a calendar.

Thank you bmsox622
    04-07-13 05:32 PM
    The interesting part is that I am getting the complete opposite: I can "push" appointments and events TO google but get nothing into my z10 that has been entered through Google Claendar

Are you also getting the "account cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the accout settings are correct" when trying to add via CalDAV?

the 403 error will never be 'fixed' active sync is no longer supported, so don't hold your breath on that one.. the only supported method is calDAV, but at the moment many of us, myself included can't get that working either.

Can you confirm you are getting 2 way sync using this method? As I said above, I keep getting the cannot be authenticated with your service provider error using this method and can't ad it at all... so I can't test it, but others have reported only being able to read google entries and not write.. if you add a new appointment to your z10 does it appear online in your google calendar?
    04-08-13 03:59 PM
    Sorry didnt know how to quote this bit so pasted it in and added my experiences -

Are you also getting the "account cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the accout settings are correct" when trying to add via CalDAV

I got the authentication error when i was entering the last word of the server address as 'user' but it should be 'events'

the 403 error will never be 'fixed' active sync is no longer supported, so don't hold your breath on that one.. the only supported method is calDAV, but at the moment many of us, myself included can't get that working either.

Same here but I thought I would have got away with active sync as the calendars have been around for years.

Can you confirm you are getting 2 way sync using this method? As I said above, I keep getting the cannot be authenticated with your service provider error using this method and can't ad it at all... so I can't test it, but others have reported only being able to read google entries and not write.. if you add a new appointment to your z10 does it appear online in your google calendar?

Definitely 2 way sync with a delay of 5 to 10 mins - both in adding on the computer and the Z10 and also deleting from each one.

Works awesome now especially with my live account calendar migrated into outlook, have full calendar sync all round
    04-09-13 08:20 AM
    The interesting part is that I am getting the complete opposite: I can "push" appointments and events TO google but get nothing into my z10 that has been entered through Google Claendar
    Hey vitikin, you and I seem to be in the same boat. I can sometimes get my google calendar to appear on my phone. Other times it shows nothing. When it does 'work' I can accept on my phone, and I can add on my phone and that updates google. However, when I accept or add in google, I don't usually get that one my Z10. The only way that can actually show me what meetings I have properly is when using AES. If I use that, then I can't accept on my Z10 and I also can't create calendar entries with multiple participants.... I'm stuck and pissed.
    04-11-13 07:34 AM
    I have had a lot of problems with gmail syncing with my Z10 and all are due to the fact that active sync is no longer available.

My solution was to break up my email, contacts and calendar apps. I now use gmail for email and contacts and have moved to outlook.com for calendar. I exported my calendars from gmail to outlook.com and now all my devices sync calendars flawlessly and quickly with outlook.com. Note that you can also sync(1 way) Google(contacts) to outlook.com(people), so that they could be used for meeting invites, etc. If Google continues to handicap my productivity, I can easily switch everything to outlook.com, the path is already cleared....

No need in my mind to have everything with gmail. Z10's Remember app is Evernote which also suits me perfectly.

Tony
    04-13-13 06:12 PM
67 123