How much of a hassle is it...or isn't it to set up my Gmail account on the Z10? Is it as easy as on the legacy OS's?
    08-31-13 07:23 PM
    Something you can do in less than 2 mins. Literally.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:26 PM
    Cool. Thanks.
    08-31-13 07:27 PM
    No hassle at all. When the buttons come up to ask you what you want to sync, select what you want then go to bottom of screen and hit advanced. This will allow you to select how often it syncs and how many days you want to pull email from, up to forever.
    08-31-13 07:30 PM
    It's a breeze.
    08-31-13 07:31 PM
    Assuming you're referring to the free Gmail version... For best results, you will set up email, contacts and calendar separately.

Email:
    First, you'll want to use the advanced setup, to have better control of how far back your emails will be synced. Settings > Accounts > Gmail. Add your credentials, and before you leave that screen, scroll to the bottom to set your desired Sync Interval (this is how long before read/unread status, etc. is synced between your device and Gmail) and Initial Retrieval Amount (how far back email remains synced to your device). Depending on your OS version your maximum will be 30 days, 90 days or "forever". As you'd expect, the more you sync, the longer it will take. If you go "forever" (as I did), you may want to be on WiFi when you do so. ***Note that you have to choose your Initial Retrieval amount at this point as it isn't available in settings later. This isn't Gmail specific, but for all IMAP accounts.

Contacts:
    Settings > Accounts > CardAV. Enter your credentials. Server address is google.com. (Some have used Google successfully.

Calendar:
    Settings > Accounts > CalAV. Enter your credentials. Server address is www.google.com/calendar/dav/[[email protected]]/events.

Some users dislike the way that emails are archived (by default) when deleted from the device instead of moving to trash. Here's a thread with the IMAP folder and IMAP settings that worked for me to get Gmail messages deleted from my device to also be moved to Trash in Gmail. See post #4 from kleinhev here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post8638154

Both the folder settings and the IMAP settings must be just like the ones shown, or it doesn't work. Also, note that it takes the time period of whatever your Sync Interval is set at, plus about 5 minutes for the message to be moved from Inbox to Trash.

As well, the "All Mail" label/folder is unavailable in the Hub. Since I began using BB 10, I have quit archiving unlabelled messages, since they will not be available on my my device. My messages all go to specific labels/folders if I'm keeping them, and I have a label/folder called "Archived" where I file miscellaneous messages that would have normally just been archived. This makes them available to me on my device.

Please don't be put off by this long-winded detailed info. It actually takes longer to describe than to put into action. I've set this up for two other people. It's literally about 10 minutes to the best Gmail experience on the Z10.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. ~ecm
    snoozininsomniac likes this.
    08-31-13 09:02 PM
    All you need to know is your email address and your password. Simple enough?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:05 PM
    Yesterday I did an OS 10.1.0.4200 update from T-Mobile. After the reboot all accounts need you to re-enter your pw. However, the Gmail account has gone a step further. After I entered the pw and signed in I get this:

Is this for the entire device, or just the Gmail contacts and calendar? I thought the statement at the bottom to be quite peculiar too, "BlackBerry and Google....."
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 & Gmail-img_00000064.jpg  
    09-07-13 07:46 PM
    I've had no issues with my Gmail account. I also run my personal domain through the Gmail server for email with no problems.. it pushes right to my device within two or three seconds of hitting my inbox.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:18 PM
    There's an issue with my work domain mails....sent mails from pc do not show on my z10...i checked n saw it doesnt sync the sent folder... i have checked to show in imap from my pc
    any help or knowledge regarding this would be welcome
    Z10 & Gmail-img_00000030.png
    imacj likes this.
    09-07-13 09:04 PM