I went into AT&T the other day to exchange my Z10. My first Z10 volume button wasn't working properly. I had no problem switching it for a new one. While talking to the rep she told me that they were actually having a contest between the reps that whomever sold the most Z10's wins a free one. I also had to introduce her to crackberry.com

Then on my way home I stopped at Best Buy to buy a case and one of the mobile reps had one and said he liked it. Another rep, who had an iphone 4 said she was planning on getting one too.

It still seems though that word of mouth is what's helping BB10 get popular. Wish there were more advertising efforts.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    04-01-13 12:07 PM
    Good to know Out of curiosity, what was the issue with the volume button on your first Z10?
    divakar likes this.
    04-01-13 12:09 PM
    It just seemed to lose its responsiveness. I just anticipated it going out after a long time of use so I decided to exchange it within my 14 day exchange period.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    04-01-13 12:13 PM
    Oh ok, good call. Let us know if there is any difference in the volume button of your new Z10. Hopefully it's better
    divakar likes this.
    04-01-13 12:14 PM
    Oh yeah, the new one is definitely working a lot better.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    04-01-13 12:29 PM
    I've been doing some thinking. If we remember when the Android systems were first introduced, they weren't an instant hit drawing away millions of users. People gradually started moving their way and their success was incremental. Lucky for them (and ironically) the Storm was met with great resistance.

BB10 will likewise not immediately pull millions back or away from their beloved but eventually they will win hearts
    04-01-13 01:42 PM
    Selling a million for the first month is a good start. I do not see the same resistance as people did toward the storm. If someone complaint is the apps, then they are no longer arguing about the device, but rather the ecosystem. The apps will come as the volume continues to mount. A strong 2nd QTR will make that fall into place. Glad to see a pocket of support in your area.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    04-01-13 01:57 PM
    I agree that the app argument is getting old and that it's not about the device but more so the ecosystem. With that said I like the BB10 ecosystem. In my opinion its a combination of iOS stability and Android customization/flexibility.

I too am hoping for a strong 2nd quarter and will continue to be an advocate for BlackBerry. In the end it really just comes down to personal needs when choosing a device and OS, but for me BlackBerry is it. Let's keep moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:25 AM
    Yes I have more and more started noticing how the word of mouth is picking up momentum.

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    04-02-13 12:35 AM