I just played NOVA3 for twenty minutes and the temperature is only at 43C. At 52C it must really be cooking! No case here...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:30 AM
    I get 10-12 hours of use with moderate to heavy use. I turned off lte and NFC and wifi when not needed. I bought battery guru and my phones "hot range" is between 29-33C. It's was getting to 35C with lte on. I know a few others with the Z10 who said their phone has lte , nfc and wifi on and no problems will a warm-hot phone plus they are getting 14-16 hours use. What is considered normal temp and battery useage?
    03-17-13 11:18 AM
    I'm really concerned about this. I was watching an NBA game tonight and my temp went up to 45 degrees Celsius. I'm on the latest update also.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:49 PM
    My Z10 is just hot from the get go since its white :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:34 PM
    Just as an fyi. Delivering an amp at low voltage from a 120+ volt socket is not easy in that small of an adapter. Now consider it has ti be a clean dc voltage. Things can get tricky. Hence kind of high but definitely in spec heat output.
    03-18-13 12:03 AM
    Seriously what's a normal operating temperature?? I don't see how this can be normal lol. I just put on a case and I'm on WhatsApp/FaceBook and I'm at 39 degrees Celsius.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:01 PM
    Mines started burning up after the update :/

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:03 PM
    Mines started burning up after the update :/

Posted via CB10
    Me too..

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 04:28 AM
    My first White Z10 adaptor cube things fried the second day I had it.....smelled burnt and all. Could of been defective but even my black adaptor gets very very hot! Still worries me since my iPhone 5 charges gets luke warm if anything. My Lumia charges wirelessly and the back of the phone gets slightly warm. The hottest though is the adaptor for my Z10.
    03-20-13 05:58 AM
    how do you turn off nfc?
    03-25-13 12:29 AM
    i feel so uncomfortable when my phone gets hot, because this could interfere on what you're doing. And it's so lengthy to cool it down. why is this so?
    04-18-13 08:46 PM
    same here. it bothers me a lot.
    04-18-13 08:48 PM
    Only got hot twice;
    Once I was downloading a few Gigs of music through WiFi, took about an hour and got hot.
    The other time, I was using Neutron Music Player with the advance setting of 64 bit sampling.

Other than that, no, my Z10 just gets a little warm sometimes.
    04-18-13 09:01 PM
    I woke up today to a burning smell in my room. Turned out to be my blackberry charger. It was plugged into an extension cord and a pillow had fallen over it. It burnt my carpet and started melting the plug. If I didn't catch it in time I'm sure it would have caught on fire. Be careful!
    05-03-13 01:25 AM
    Never heard of a house fire caused by a BlackBerry charger

Posted via Z10
    05-03-13 06:49 AM
    Yesterday, was in a waiting room and surfing. Began to feel the phone get warm and then really warm. Looked at it more carefully, and noticed that I had dropped to 3G. And then 1x, which really began to heat up the phone.

As soon as I went back outside though and was able to get an LTE signal, temp returned to normal fairly quickly.
    05-03-13 06:56 AM
    05-03-13 07:00 AM
    Mine gets a warm but no where near as hot as my old iPhone or iPod touch. Those two would feel extremely hot to the touch when browsing or gaming for decent periods of time, to the point where I'd be scared to use them.
    05-03-13 07:16 AM
    Hottest my phone been is 38 degrees and I run naked. I rarely use the charger that came with the phone because it gets dangerously hot, so i leave that one at work. At home I use 2 premium chargers

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:56 AM
    Ya dude mine too getting one side hot....i love this phone BT getting heated really sucks
    12-11-13 11:48 PM
    I gotta say this is a real and pressing issue to be fixed with the Z10. Seriously! Is it WiFi usage or CPU overload. In my brief time with the Z30 I found it to handle the heat much better.

Any suggestions on how to trace the cause of this issue. Any App I should download?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:52 PM
    I'm assuming most of you don't know about computer components and what temperatures CPUs will reach? If you didn't have a heat sink or fan on a cpu it'd cook and die almost before your PC had made BIOS. They are designed to have heat dissipation.

Anyone that has a case on the back of their phone is going to see higher CPU temperatures as the heat will struggle more to get out. If the CPU is under load it's going to get hotter, like you would if you ran everywhere when you got up from sitting where you would be at your normal body temperature.

The Z10 does run toasty, as my signature says. It?s still cooler than some phones though. This won?t be cured until they use a more powerful chip or better cooling. If they use a better cpu it'll handle the load at a lower temperature as it won't max out all the time. If they use better cooling they may get more out of the Processor. Swings and roundabouts.

If the Z30 is already cooler then they fixed it in the next series of phones. Just think, in winter you can carry a coffee in one hand and your Z10 in the other and not have to invest in some festive gloves this Christmas season. Positive thoughts

"Don't mind me, I'm just frying some bacon on the back of my Z10"
    12-12-13 12:20 AM
    When I first stated synching Facebook, Gmail, etc, I noticed it got really really hot. As another pointed out, the wall plug charger also got really really hot.

Since then, the phone has not gotten that hot again for me. I am going to let the battery go pretty low before I plug it in again just to break it in
    Bad idea...You are not breaking in a Nicad/Nickel Cadmium, NiMh/Nickel Metal Hydride battery. They are lithium ion batteries and don't like being run down too low. They will get hot when charging from too low a charge. Lithium ion batteries dont like heat. I don't let mine get below 20%...EVER.

Trusted Member Genius on a Z10
    12-12-13 02:54 AM
    Dear,

I have been using Z-10 for past 5 months. This mobile is good to use. But for past 2 months the mobile gets heated up very high the battery gets dried very quickly. Its really difficult to hold at times due to the heat. Please give a solution.
    12-19-14 02:31 AM
    Mine too. So I switch to Z30.

From my Z30
    12-19-14 02:56 AM
51 123