Oh wow, that's interesting. Did you just open a gmail account?
    No, but it is a school account. IDK it's been getting quicker tbh. Weird.
    03-28-13 03:54 PM
    Using yahoo and Gmail and there is no lag at all. That is sending it in both directions.

Posted via CB10
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-28-13 04:04 PM
    My work email uses MS Exchange server, does the "instant push" sync work on the z10?
    03-28-13 04:31 PM
    No, but it is a school account. IDK it's been getting quicker tbh. Weird.
    NICE!
    03-28-13 09:42 PM
    I have a Z10 on tmobile and a 9850 on vzw. After having sending issues from my Z10, I payed to upgrade my network solutions account for hosted exchange service. Best case scenario, my Z10 picks up the emails between 5-15 minutes after my 9850. Worst case scenario, 2+ hours after.

My Gmail works flawless on both devices, as well as both of my playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-28-13 10:11 PM
    My gmail works Instantly,even before my 9900,

Posted via CB10
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-28-13 10:13 PM
    My work email uses MS Exchange server, does the "instant push" sync work on the z10?
    Hi Vince, it uses Exchange Active Sync (EAS). Included the link from Wikipedia http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_ActiveSync. Hope the above clears your question.
    03-30-13 02:57 AM
    Have both a Gmail account and outlook account. Both are immediate. I once received an email from the wife before she even sent it. True Story.

I don't always comment on CrackBerry but when I do its on my Zader10 via CB10
    03-30-13 03:07 AM
    Have both a Gmail account and outlook account. Both are immediate. I once received an email from the wife before she even sent it. True Story.

I don't always comment on CrackBerry but when I do its on my Zader10 via CB10
    Too funny!
    03-30-13 03:38 AM
    the only itch i find on the bb 10 is the fact that they took off the Push email application. please i am currently on the Z10 and will like to know if the Q10 will
    feature a Push email application. i am 90% sure it wouldn't since they both run on the new 10 os but just want to be totally sure. One more question is
    please is there anyway i can activate the push settings ? someone on this page said something like bb 10 supports push...so if it does how do i activate
    it ? will the settings be from my bb 10 device or my email ? thank you. i love this new bb 10 but don't want to be forced to change it just because
    of this itch. its frustrating to users of many emails to find your emails deliver only after 15 minutes...arrrrrrgh its craaaaaay.
    04-02-13 04:37 AM
    the only itch i find on the bb 10 is the fact that they took off the Push email application.
    You clearly haven't read this thread. There *is* push email on the Z10, and it supports Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, Corporate, etc.), and IMAP IDLE (Gmail, etc.)
    04-02-13 05:09 AM
    It really amazes me that there are so many people with the same phone can have such diametrically opposite results. I have instant email delivery. I have corporate and regular email accounts and have no delivery issues. Using my corporate BlackBerry 9360 I sent an email to my gmail account and received my email one minute later on my Z10 and PlayBook. There are no special buttons or switches just turn the phone on and watch for the red light. It really that simple.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:11 AM
    You clearly haven't read this thread. There *is* push email on the Z10, and it supports Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, Corporate, etc.), and IMAP IDLE (Gmail, etc.)

BTW - might be interested to know that Apple iOS does NOT natively support IMAP IDLE.

So on an iPhone, you get NO push on Gmail unless you were grandfathered under the old regime which supported EAS, you are a paid Google mail customer, run either Gmail's dedicated Gmail app, or some 3rd-party thing.
    04-02-13 02:24 PM
    There is definitely a delay with my Gmail.
    04-02-13 02:34 PM
    There is definitely a delay with my Gmail.
    More info please. If on WiFi, please turn off WiFi and use only the carrier data link and let us know if you still see the problem.
    04-02-13 10:25 PM
    Out of curiosity, I turned off my wifi and sent an email mail from my yahoo and Gmail accounts and in both instances; two minutes max. That is sending to my corporate email. Sending from corporate email to yahoo and Gmail, less than 15 seconds! Again, no issues. I can live with that.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:26 PM
    I am having push email problems on my Z10. I have outlook com email configured properly. On my Lumia 920, email is instant. On my Z10, it's 10-30 minutes delayed. Very frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:27 AM
    I am having push email problems on my Z10. I have outlook com email configured properly. On my Lumia 920, email is instant. On my Z10, it's 10-30 minutes delayed. Very frustrating.
    Please see my last post asking some questions of the last person that made those claims.

There are specific network requirements that must be met for "internet push email" to work properly, and many home networks (or random wifi things you might be connecting to) don't meet those requirements.
    04-09-13 03:07 PM
    I am on AT&T LTE at the moment, the behavior is the same on wifi, and like I said my Lumia 920 handles push with no issue. The issue is not the network.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:17 PM
    I am on AT&T LTE at the moment, the behavior is the same on wifi, and like I said my Lumia 920 handles push with no issue. The issue is not the network.

You are the first person I have seen complaining of this here.

My outlook.com email comes in instantly on my Z10.

Screenshot of configuration page with personal details obscured would be helpful.

There are other variables that could be impacting email retrieval unique to your device configuration. IE the device could be getting bogged-down with other things going on in the background, ie lots of other email syncing activities, lots of status/social media/contact updates, heavy CPU usage on webpages/videos/games causing resource contention issues.

Also, Exchange/EAS servers have massive amounts of policy controls that can be designed so they impact only particular platforms or even individual devices or accounts. Many Exchange servers will throttle devices that are using too many resources, ie trying to sync 200 folders with 10s of thousands of messages in each folder or something. Any of those things could be responsible for message delivery issues.
    04-10-13 07:59 AM
    First person with the issue, or first person with my *exact* configuration with the issue? I am seeing lots of people posting about push email issues...and no, I am not syncing enormous amounts of folders (again, remember, this is not an issue on the EAS or network side because it works fine on other phones), nor am I running a high amount of background apps.

Posted via CB10
    HectorBusyBee likes this.
    04-10-13 08:19 AM
    First person with the issue, or first person with my *exact* configuration with the issue? I am seeing lots of people posting about push email issues...and no, I am not syncing enormous amounts of folders (again, remember, this is not an issue on the EAS or network side because it works fine on other phones), nor am I running a high amount of background apps.
    First of all, I cannot know what your "exact configuration" is until you post the screenshot I asked you to post.

The VAST MAJORITY of people around here that are griping continuously about "no push" are people who want the old BIS service back, which bangs on old POP3 servers continuously via a proxy service and then delivers "pseudo push" email to users that way.

I simply cannot recall anyone complaining of not getting quick new message notifications when connected to an Outlook.com account. As I told you, my Outlook.com account notifies me of new messages almost instantaneously. (I specifically re-tested it just before posting my previous comment here to double check that)
    04-10-13 01:35 PM
    I'm happy outlook is working well for you. It is not for me, and it has nothing to do with BIS or AT&T. What configuration do you think is wrong?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:00 PM
    It is trivial to move your email to a more modern, non-POP-based system, especially if you have your own domain-name. The people who have married a specific email provider (like MSN, AT&T, Comcast, Gmail etc) are the ones that will feel much greater pain trying to move to a better provider, in terms of having to change their email address.
    I was afraid someone was gonna say that. Haven't had to change email addresses in almost 10 years when attbi.com became comcast.net.

.....heavy sigh....
    04-10-13 04:07 PM
    I'm happy outlook is working well for you. It is not for me, and it has nothing to do with BIS or AT&T. What configuration do you think is wrong?

I made no such claim. You made the claim about "your exact configuration", and I simply pointed out that you can't exactly make such a claim if no one but you knows what "your exact configuration" actually is.

Are you trying really hard to be difficult?
    04-10-13 11:16 PM
94 1234