I just sent an email from my yahoo address on my Playbook to my Live/Outlook.com email on my Z10.

In the time it took me to put down the PB, walk across the room and pick up my Z10, it was there already. Complete with a 400 kb attachment.

So much for "Push email missing", and all the hyper drama posts as a result of the badly mistaken article in the Malacca Straits Times.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:31 PM
    Good to know, thanks. I was hearing the same rumor. There are a lot of haters out there. My IT guy (iPhone) constantly makes snide remarks about BB products. I will be getting my Z10 on the 26th on TM - can't wait!
    03-23-13 07:48 PM
    I got my Z10 yesterday and my emails are very delayed. I absolutely love the phone and am so happy to have a BlackBerry again but this is a problem for me. Any idea what it could be?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:03 PM
    Hi Shell272, what email provider are you referring to that has this delay.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:08 PM
    My gmails always come through almost immediately. Yahoo always seems delayed on my 9900 and my ipad too, so I'm thinking it's not the device.
    03-23-13 08:11 PM
    My [email protected] is pretty much instant

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:11 PM
    I have 4 different emails all get the emails very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:18 PM
    anyone know what the service is like with mail.com?
    03-23-13 08:23 PM
    To be fair to a group of people I have actually been debating this point with for weeks now, the "no push email" complaint pertains to people using the old-fashioned POP3 type of email system, which traditionally required continuous polling from the client to check/retrieve messages.

The old Blackberry BIS service did that polling on behalf of the devices, saving battery-power and providing quicker notification of new messages for that type of email system. BIS is no longer part of Blackberry 10 but most people don't miss it (as evidenced here) because most people aren't using the POP3 type of email system any more.
    03-23-13 08:33 PM
    To be fair to a group of people I have actually been debating this point with for weeks now, the "no push email" complaint pertains to people using the old-fashioned POP3 type of email system, which traditionally required continuous polling from the client to check/retrieve messages.

The old Blackberry BIS service did that polling on behalf of the devices, saving battery-power and providing quicker notification of new messages for that type of email system. BIS is no longer part of Blackberry 10 but most people don't miss it (as evidenced here) because most people aren't using the POP3 type of email system any more.
    The TM customer service rep told me that the BB Z10 would require BIS. I am hearing conflicting information. Do you or anyone else out there have any definitive info concerning this? Not sure if it really matters but if email delivery is unchanged, then I'm satisfied.
    03-23-13 08:53 PM
    Hi David. I'm on the Z10 in Singapore and have had my BIS turned off. You are fine without BIS.

Posted via CB10
    dburd411 and PatrickMJS like this.
    03-23-13 08:58 PM
    I have a gmail based work address and a Yahoo address and they all seem to be working well but I noticed that they don't delete completely. I mean, I delete it on my Z10 but it's still in my inbox. I also use Outlook for the Gmail account and noticed that it's the same there. Delete in Outlook doesn't mean delete in the Gmail account it self. Yahoo on the other hand seems to delete on the devise and on line.
    03-23-13 09:01 PM
    I cannot understand the issue of delay. With my Z10 sitting beside my computer and email open in my computer, the Z10 receives the email first most times.
    shads77 likes this.
    03-23-13 09:02 PM
    I have a gmail based work address and a Yahoo address and they all seem to be working well but I noticed that they don't delete completely. I mean, I delete it on my Z10 but it's still in my inbox. I also use Outlook for the Gmail account and noticed that it's the same there. Delete in Outlook doesn't mean delete in the Gmail account it self. Yahoo on the other hand seems to delete on the devise and on line.

In terms of Gmail, it depends on how you set it up. The desktop Outlook client for example does not have a built-in ActiveSync option, it can only connect to Gmail using IMAP (or POP, but you wouldn't want to do that), and there are some idiosyncracies with that. Please see the following document:

How to configure Outlook with Gmail IMAP Accounts - Slipstick Systems

Gmail has TONS of configuration options including various knobs and buttons that determine how it handles its "labels" which are a rough (very rough) analog to folders. What it does with "deleted" messages and so on are very configurable.
    03-23-13 09:16 PM
    My gmails always come through almost immediately. Yahoo always seems delayed on my 9900 and my ipad too, so I'm thinking it's not the device.

You and everyone else need to STOP USING YAHOO! I had some friends using it and it is glitchy and unreliable!!!!! STOP!!

Gmail is rummored to be push email but I have not investigated it. Ofcourse they are a rich company and take care of things. Unlike YAHOO. Run from yahoo, they are not the company they used to be.
    03-23-13 09:31 PM
    anyone know what the service is like with mail.com?
    check out Network Solutions. They are popular with office machine dealers.
    03-23-13 09:35 PM
    Yahoo is slooooooooooooooooow
    03-23-13 09:39 PM
    Why would anyone use yahoo these days? Outlook.com is way better.

Z10, Indonesia
    03-23-13 09:41 PM
    I was a little staggered at first when I realized yesterday that it was bye bye BIS after all these years. Bye bye old BBID, and so long BlackBerry device address. I've used that in registering on a number of sites over the years, too. Then I login to CB and start reading the usual early complaints about how everything is changed for the worst and the learning curve is steeper than on previous BlackBerry upgrades and the glitches seem to pile up. The mail won't push the gps won't fire the font is impossibly tiny. What Were they thinking? By midmorning the glitches reveal themselves to be just setting tweaks. I have a year to have my old mail forward to a new one and by Monday I will be able to go directly through our work Exchange server so I don't really have to have BIS anymore. It's fast and wired in better than any BlackBerry I've had. I like the Friday launch because at this rate I will be flying by the time Monday rolls around. Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:50 PM
    You and everyone else need to STOP USING YAHOO! I had some friends using it and it is glitchy and unreliable!!!!! STOP!!

I have never seen this in any context and I've been using Yahoo for many years and I do computer networking/security/support for a living.

Gmail is rummored to be push email but I have not investigated it. Ofcourse they are a rich company and take care of things. Unlike YAHOO. Run from yahoo, they are not the company they used to be.

There is no "rumor", these things are well-known. You might want to stop pontificating about subjects of which you know little.

Yahoo is slooooooooooooooooow
    If you're talking about how long it takes to get notified of an email on a Z10, there's a very specific technical reason for that.

On my Blackberry Bold, I get Yahoo new mail notifications within a few seconds, literally. And reliably.

The Z10 no longer incorporates the proprietary Yahoo email "plugin" that the older Blackberries had, so its email notification is much slower on the Z10. That works the same way on pretty much all of the Z10's competitors these days as well, including Android and Windows Phone, unless you are using the proprietary Yahoo email app.

I do not know precisely why Blackberry did not incorporate the Yahoo proprietary protocols in the Z10, but my guess is that either Yahoo is no longer offering them, or they chose to stick with standard protocols on the Z10 rather than coding a bunch of proprietary tweaks for a few email services into the OS.
    03-23-13 09:52 PM
    if i set up my work e-mail (pop3 ) the min interval is 15min
    but with my outlook.com address (free from Microsoft ex.Hotmail) the mails will be there in a second....
    so for private use outlook.com is perfect and the online interface is realy clean and simple you can also bring it
    to your outlook desktop client.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-23-13 09:52 PM

and for those who still use POP3, they can also achieve Push - if they forward the POP mail to a free Gmail account - and hook this gmail account to the BB10 device... instant email..

POP3 does not have any Push built-in, and a better approach would be to make the POP providers to install a IMAP service - with Push support..

Using POP in 2013 is like doing all work in MSDOS 3.1 ... ;-)
    notnomde likes this.
    03-23-13 10:29 PM
    My gmail is not immediate at all.

It does bother me, but I'm a BlackBerry or bust kind of person
    03-23-13 10:33 PM
    My gmail is not immediate at all.

It does bother me, but I'm a BlackBerry or bust kind of person
    strange...

In Gmail setup - have you disabled POP and only enabled IMAP,
    and on your phone - it's set to use Push?

How did you setup the account on your phone?

Use default/imap - and not ActiveSync...
    03-23-13 10:42 PM
    LMFAOOOO I literally laughed out loud when I read that- I was like what does that mean???!!!!!!!!! Then I signed onto gmail and gave a look into settings and no, POP wasn't diabled. So I did that.

IMAP was enabled.

On my phone, yes, push is set to ON.

I didn't see Activesync or the default anywhere.
    03-23-13 11:02 PM
94 123 ...