Thanks iamnadroj, I did exactly that but the picture did not show up after I selected it as attachment. After I clicked post, only "Posted via CB10" was posted.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 gets kinda hot sometimes-img_00000032.png

There should be something like that attach after uploading the pic. If not, exit cb app then load it again and try.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 gets kinda hot sometimes-img_00000031.png  
    allinz10 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    03-30-13 04:46 PM
    It's not the battery that's heating up, ins the cpu/gpu thing, not sure what they called but it's the internal components, they are processing a lot of **** so it's going to happen, I'm guessing if they didn't make the phone this slim then it would have been less noticeable, but I think the only thing that can fix the issue is a software update. I don't mind it anymore, but BlackBerry should have been aware of this during their testing phases

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:12 PM
    It's like saying iPhone isn't made for its simplicity or Android can't be customised.
    03-30-13 06:28 PM
    It's like saying iPhone isn't made for its simplicity or Android can't be customised.

A large percentage of people either don't understand the complexities of the technology or have other reasons why they are constantly trying to over-simplify things.

Technology is not simple. Vendors and platforms are rarely "all good" or "all bad".
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-30-13 07:24 PM
    It's not the battery that's heating up, ins the cpu/gpu thing, not sure what they called but it's the internal components, they are processing a lot of **** so it's going to happen, I'm guessing if they didn't make the phone this slim then it would have been less noticeable, but I think the only thing that can fix the issue is a software update. I don't mind it anymore, but BlackBerry should have been aware of this during their testing phases

Posted via CB10
    they probably were. I know on my playbook when I'm playing games, or streaming flash video for long periods, the bb symbol on the back gets hot too - just like the z10. IMO I think they used the metal bb symbol as some kind of heatsink.
    03-30-13 07:41 PM
    My Samsung always gets hot when I browse the Web for an extended period of time or when I watch embedded videos on news websites.

So what is the alarm here? The Z10 doesn't get as hot as my Samsung Note.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:51 PM
    Thanks for the info Omnitech. My wifi is showing full bar at home.

"The screenshot you posted showed almost 3 watts of battery drain. That's very high. When I load crackberry.com here on my Z10 it's only drawing 1 watt approximately"

The 3 watts drain was from watching a movie on flash enabled website. Browsing regular website shows 2+w.
    I checked the idle drain. It is normally at around 0.1.

"Something else on that device is draining your battery. Please restart it, open Battery Guru, let it sit for a few minutes and let us know what the IDLE battery usage is, in watts. I'll bet even the idle power draw is high.[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:28 PM
    No problem with that on my end. Can't help.
    03-30-13 08:29 PM
    Watching the cod cast mine got up to 41C according to Battery Guru. It was definitely warm. No ill effects.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:50 PM
    When I play intensive games like let's golf 3, my battery will warm up to 40C and drain about 20% per hour. 2.5 - 3W power usage. I consider this normal though. I mean it's not like I'm just reading emails..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:19 PM
    Mine gets warm too but only because I can't stop playing that darn Oregon Settler game. I need rehab lol. It cools down almost immediately I stop playing though and haven't noticed it heating up while doing anything else.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:24 PM
    Just realized somebody changed the title of my thread. Wonder why?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:32 PM
    After upgrading to the newest OS (the same your version) , my Z10 is now less hot than before.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:34 PM
    My Os is the latest version. I even did a backup, reloaded the OS, restored through BlackBerry Link. Battery is still the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:06 AM
    And I say again: please avoid the temptation of taking the very specific experience of one single user, in one single set of circumstances, and extrapolate that to "all" users "everywhere".

When it comes to wireless battery usage, it will vary according to the factors I mentioned here previously as well as others.

Just carrying the device in your pocket against your leg is going to reduce battery life, for example, because the radio has to work harder in that case to transmit and receive. (might not do your cells a lot of good right next to that microwave transmitter all the time either. )
    And again, please avoid the temptation to over generalize. That's why I replied to your first post in the first place. You over generalized and I corrected you.

Of course just having the device turned on will drain the battery. But the drainage will be far less on wifi than cellular. The transmit power of the cell's wifi signal is much weaker than the transmit power of 3G or 4G.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:01 AM
    Thanks for the info Omnitech. My wifi is showing full bar at home.
    FWIW: "full bar" does not automatically mean "great signal quality". The "bars" are supposed to show "signal strength". But if you are competing with dozens of other strong signals, it can still be difficult to maintain a good connection, and it will still take more battery-power to do so.

In my house with my original 4G/3G Verizon hotspot made by Samsung (which uses only the 2.4 Ghz band), the sheer volume of competing signals there so overwhelmed it that it wouldn't even fully initialize. Basically it would power-up, look for a clear channel to transmit on, not be able to find one, then basically shut down. The device I replaced that with (made by Novatel), is more tolerant of that challenging RF environment, but no device is going to magically "fix" such a situation.
    03-31-13 09:12 AM
    Just realized somebody changed the title of my thread. Wonder why?
    Only a guess, but I assume one of the moderators thought it was a misleading title.

Strange they didn't send any notification about that though.
    03-31-13 09:13 AM
    I had the same issue. I exchanged the phone and there was a big difference in battery and performance.
    I believe it's just a faulty device.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:18 AM
    I am experincing with my Z10 the same issue and now am waiting for a new device to arrive next week.
    03-31-13 01:38 PM
    Return your phone and have it exchanged. The only time device should get hot like that is if you are using 4G LTE.
    Mine gets really hot and I'm on the same OS as you (.90). It happens with light video viewing and light gaming doesn't it?
    03-31-13 10:17 PM
    I am experincing with my Z10 the same issue and now am waiting for a new device to arrive next week.
    How have you convinced them to give you a new device? Here in the UK they give us a refurbished one if anything goes wrong with ours that's why I haven't given them mine.
    03-31-13 10:18 PM
    My Z10 has been getting warm while not even being used.
    04-02-13 07:36 PM
    The browser needs optimizations. It's power hungry.

That's normal. I think you may be a little too used to the gigantic Note battery. 1/5th battery in 1 hour equates to 5 hours of browsing. My previous phone (Nexus 4) could only manage 3.5 hours of browsing at the most, and often significantly less than that (the average was probably closer to 2.5 hours).
    I don't think it's normal, I get better battery life (and smoother experience) on iphone 5 when browsing via Wifi and it doesn't make the phone hot. Also, don't forget that iphone has lower capacity battery.

Browsing apparently drains my battery very fast.
    Same here.. after browsing a while (flash turned off) via Wifi the temperature goes to 38C-39C.

I'm guessing if they didn't make the phone this slim then it would have been less noticeable
    Funnily that iphone 5, which is slimmer, runs much cooler when using the phone..

BTW, I'm mostly using the internet on same Wifi on both phones.
    04-12-14 09:38 AM
    only when Skype is on it gets warm hehe he not exactly warm more than it hehe he otherwise it's cool

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:47 AM
    I find that certain apps still consume battery when closed. One app, in particular, that seems to cause this problem is sip.fm. It's a great app, but my battery performance suffers after I close it. Killed my phone in about 4 hours yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:03 AM
75 123