I call bull **** on that I have had mine since launch with no problems never freezes had a few apps crash a few times but never had to reboot. BB10 is a solid OS. Getting tired of trolls like you talking out of your *** about things you have no idea about.

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting tired of seeing idiotic replies like this.
    To the unfortunate guy this fool was trolling, no it isn't normal. Get it exchanged for a new z10 and you will see a huge difference

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:21 AM
    Got mine on Monday and yesterday had 8 freeze and reboot. Should exchange it?
    That's a call only you can make. If you got it Monday you have at least a week to learn more before you need to return it, and the phone's warranty is probably 12 months.

Hardware defects tend to be random in occurrence, and software tends to follow a pattern so look to see if you can identify a sequence of actions which triggers the problem. Freeze and reboot suggests a software cause, and a replacement may have the same problem. If you have downloaded third party software (Appworld?) could this be flaky and causing it?

There are many reports of random reboots with Z10 but I've not seen enough detail to be sure they are all the same cause. Go with what YOU can see with your own eyes when you make your decisions even if you discuss with others here to help decide what is the most appropriate action. As you will see in this thread there are those who know what they are talking about, those who know enough to be dangerous, and a few who are simply here to cause trouble.
    04-07-13 07:32 AM
    I've got a Z10 from AT&T. I've gone from really liking the device, on the first day, to really hating it every time I'm typing something and it reboots.

Over the last couple of days I've been trying to decide whether to return it. But here is the thing.....to me it looks like a flaw in software, specifically in the memory management software. I've been watching it very closely and I've noticed a fluctuation from 1.3 G free memory to 735 MB free memory. What I've noticed is that soon after noticing that it's in the low 700 MB range there is a spontaneous reboot. Also, most freezes occur when I'm trying to attach a picture to CB but not to FB or BBM. I can almost predict that if I've got a large pic to post to CB, the phone will freeze and reboot. This is almost predictable. To me this is not hardware. Since I believe that this is not hardware, I feel that this is something that a software update can fix. I do have other issues, such as lagginess when coming in and out of apps, screen rotation lag, jumpiness when scrolling in apps like the CB10 forum and now Tapatalk 2 but not while in the browser.

All these things to me point to software. I've decided to keep this device and not return it. This is the one I got two days after launch and I've got no other issues aside from the ones I mentioned. Am I completely happy? No.
    04-07-13 07:56 AM
    Had phone from Feb 12th no freezing ever.

Maybe you should stop trying to use your device as a thermometer in the fridge.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-07-13 08:01 AM
    I've got a Z10 from AT&T. I've gone from really liking the device, on the first day, to really hating it every time I'm typing something and it reboots.

Over the last couple of days I've been trying to decide whether to return it. But here is the thing.....to me it looks like a flaw in software, specifically in the memory management software. I've been watching it very closely and I've noticed a fluctuation from 1.3 G free memory to 735 MB free memory. What I've noticed is that soon after noticing that it's in the low 700 MB range there is a spontaneous reboot. Also, most freezes occur when I'm trying to attach a picture to CB but not to FB or BBM. I can almost predict that if I've got a large pic to post to CB, the phone will freeze and reboot. This is almost predictable. To me this is not hardware. Since I believe that this is not hardware, I feel that this is something that a software update can fix. I do have other issues, such as lagginess when coming in and out of apps, screen rotation lag, jumpiness when scrolling in apps like the CB10 forum and now Tapatalk 2 but not while in the browser.

All these things to me point to software. I've decided to keep this device and not return it. This is the one I got two days after launch and I've got no other issues aside from the ones I mentioned. Am I completely happy? No.
    Wow. Mine hasn't rebooted once since I got it (crosses fingers). I have heard of people having lag, which I have only experienced opening some apps, so I figure it's the app itself. USAtoday is one of them. I had to delete it and there is a thread somewhere of people having the same issue. I feel both lucky and hopeful that software updates will fix some of the issues you are having.
    04-07-13 08:05 AM
    I am returning mine and made sure Verizon tech know their is an issue.

Let your carrier know and return it if it interrupts your use of the phone.

Tim

Posted using a BlackBerry Z10
    04-07-13 08:25 AM

Oh how darling.... . you made a funny....

Hang on......

ha ha ha

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-13 08:36 AM
    Happened to me few times..always after endless a call, can't get out of it unless swipe up and close.
    When reopening call screen its still showing ending call..so it's stuck. Pull battery or restart.

Z10, Indonesia
    04-07-13 08:39 AM
    I've had my z10 since Feb 21. Every few days - 3 in a row now - none of the apps will launch, requires a reboot. Bigger problem is: I cannot shut down at all - it gets stick on the "BlackBerry" black screen, never clears, and the phone gets hot. I have to pull the battery and start fresh to get it working again. When it finally recovers - normally is hot (over 40 degrees) and has lost about 10% of its charge.
    04-07-13 08:58 AM
    I'm getting tired of seeing idiotic replies like this.
    To the unfortunate guy this fool was trolling, no it isn't normal. Get it exchanged for a new z10 and you will see a huge difference

Posted via CB10
    I called him a troll because this was his first post.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:47 PM

Brilliant post and very helpful all around...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:48 PM
    First for everything dumdum, I exchange the phone and this one make the seems used, this is so much better screen feel and the keyboard is actually completing more sentences right out the box than the other did after 2 days, sad to say though had one restart. Love the phone though just want an app for video call

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:01 PM
    After having my phone for 3 weeks..I had my first freeze today. Phone was spazzing out all over the place, like not exiting on apps, not awaking with a swipe up from lock screen. I did a battery pull, so far so good..but I can't say I not disappointed. The only thing I did different today was, opening up a pdf file earlier in the day
    04-15-13 07:36 PM
    My dial pad freezes on me at least once or twice a day. Only resolution is to reboot the phone. I even swapped devices thru the warranty program, and the new device is giving me the same issues. Help!
    05-21-13 05:45 AM
    Z10 is free from freezing after upgrading to 10.1 OS, I haven't faced any instance of freezing. Earlier, at OS 10.0, there were some instances.
    05-21-13 06:52 AM
    Mine keeps freezing after the 10.1 update, did not freeze at all before... It is usually when I got an app open (whats app most of the time) and some times if I turne it on and go to the hub straight away, it will restart itself... Anyone know how to stop this???
    05-24-13 03:32 AM
    Mine keeps freezing after the 10.1 update, did not freeze at all before... It is usually when I got an app open (whats app most of the time) and some times if I turne it on and go to the hub straight away, it will restart itself... Anyone know how to stop this???
    My phone only began freezing ever since the 10.1 update. It only freezes when in the Hub and I'm using Whatsapp. My phone completely locks up.
    05-24-13 06:10 AM
    I have had similar issues. I don't look at most of these as problems. Anything software related will have problems at some point. It doesn't matter who makes it or what it is. In fact, any kind of electronics. So it's nice to share but let's keep in the back of our mind that not a single phone on the market is perfect and will have issues of some kind.

Posted from my Z10
    05-24-13 06:36 AM
    it freezes last once per day.
    05-24-13 06:46 AM
    I have the same problem.. and it only freeze when i use whatsapp for a long period..
    05-26-13 12:02 PM
    I have the same problem.. and it only freeze when i use whatsapp for a long period..
    Exactly. Next time you are using Whatsapp for an extended period of time try sending a picture to a person you are chatting with. As soon as they receive it and they reply, boom! Phone completely freezes. You can still hear the notifications but the phone is paralyzed.

I don't consider that normal whatsoever and it needs to be fixed ASAP. Those issues were non existent in 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:51 PM
    Hub takes at least 120 seconds to show after unlock since 10.1. No more texting/emailing on a moment's notice. It take 2 minutes or so to have an active hub app. This, with the 4 hour battery life leaves me with an unusable 'smart' phone so I am going back to the Torch or bold, SIGH... my daughter used her bold speed dial yesterday and I was so jealous...BBRY you have removed many features we loved you for. the blackberry button had so many options which stood out (select all from sender), now it is tap tap tap which is so inefficient.
    Ps
    No whatsapp installed. No FB in twitter in hub and they are not logged on.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:07 PM
    Hub takes at least 120 seconds to show after unlock since 10.1. No more texting/emailing on a moment's notice. It take 2 minutes or so to have an active hub app. This, with the 4 hour battery life leaves me with an unusable 'smart' phone so I am going back to the Torch or bold, SIGH... my daughter used her bold speed dial yesterday and I was so jealous...BBRY you have removed many features we loved you for. the blackberry button had so many options which stood out (select all from sender), now it is tap tap tap which is so inefficient.
    Ps
    No whatsapp installed. No FB in twitter in hub and they are not logged on

Did you change some of your EAS accounts "Sync Timeframe" to "forever" when you installed 10.1?

I think the amount of time it takes BB10 to prepare the Hub is directly related to the quantity of content stored there.
    05-26-13 08:04 PM
    I received mine this morning. Did the initial startup with language/region selection, some kind of update, then reboot. Now it has been hanging for about 4 hours. The workaround in BBs knowledge base doesnt work, and I dont know what to do....

Lena
    09-24-13 07:50 AM
    This is what I love the most about my Z10 compared to my previous BlackBerrys - no freezing. I've had mine for about 2 months and it has never frozen or needed a battery pull. I do still do a menu reset every few days, just like I restart my Windows PC to keep things running smoothly.
    09-24-13 08:18 AM
50 12