As much as I want to believe but a question raised. Why do anyone need to replace 4times if not flawed? No offence, just puzzling..
    #1 I got from my company. after 4 weeks or so of use, they decided to no longer support BB10. So I gave it back and went back to my 9900.
    #2 I again got from my company, after they changed their minds and decided to support BB10 again. I got a brand new one, in a sealed box. #1 was given to somebody else by then. After a couple of weeks I got seduced by a Lumia 920 that a friend offered to sell me for a rather cheap price. I also wanted to try out their OneNote integration. Great phone, but after a while I got bored with the OS and started to miss BB10. #2 was no longer available in my company so I decided to buy me a Z10, #3.
    #3 had bad luck because a few weeks after putting it into operation, the Q10 got released and I could't resist getting one, and sold #3 on ebay.
    #4 came after a few weeks of using the Q10. I like the Q a lot (still have it) but missed the big screen. As I always had troubles typing on glass, the plan was to keep the Q10 for communication purposes, and also to keep the Z10 as a kind of portable tablet, and only use it on Wifi.

And then, just 2 or 3 days ago, a miracle happened, and I think I found out how typing on glass might work for me, which partly has to do with the Z10's keyboard and partly with the way how I changed making use of it ...... but that is a different story for a different thread. However, I got fascinated by my newly acquired typing skills, made #4 my main phone again, and there is a fair chance now that it will stay this way!

I hope this makes my story more believable for you. Like I said, mainly mismanagement, but true, believe me.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    07-25-13 03:02 AM
    There are few people in this thread alone have similar issue, not to mention many other threads like
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post8882512

I notice this battery drain problem occurs almost every time when the wifi turned off. The phone will go into 3.5G H+ mode and battery drains very fast around 1-2 watt. Once wifi switch on and in the range it backs to normal 0.1 watt.
    Well, like I said before, those who have problems, tend to report upon them. Those who don't, not. You will also find threads about weak reception, bad call quality, wobbly battery door covers, loose keys, cameras producing yellowish tinted images, and other issues on this forum, which is no indication for a generally flawed phone.

Yes the battery usage goes up when going from WiFi to 3G. I think this is normal, as it very much depends on the quality of the signal in that very area that you just happen to be. Usually, WiFi at home or at work or at Starbucks is strong, so less power is needed to keep the connection up. Depending on how much I do on the phone, and on how strong the reception is, my phone consumes about 0,05W to 0,15W when being on (strong) WiFi and from 0,35W to 1,5W on good quality 3G signals.
    When constantly moving between areas with no/weak and stronger 3G signal, while making intense use of the phone, power consumption might go up further. But I still consider that as normal.
    With Wifi turned off, and being on 3G, and doing nothing on the phone (phone locked and screen off), and no battery consuming app running, the phone should use close to nothing.
    I think I could drain any smartphone's battery in 3 to 5 hours max, when being in an area with no Wifi and weak 3G signal, while constantly surfing the web.
    Oh yes before I forget, in general, the battery of my Lumia 920 drained much faster than any of the batteries on any of the 4 Z10s that I had.
    07-25-13 03:43 AM
    OP posts a somewhat antagonizing title to his thread. He focuses on one basic and oft cited ("original") problem that has been well chronicled. In fact the battery issue was among the first of the major "flaws" noted on the Z. There are many, many, many threads that detail a partial resolution to this problem. Still, equally unquestionable is that the Z was released before it was ready....not flawed just premature and needed more time to incubate.

Basically, as per the battery, turn-down or -off the power consumption features of the Z and/or BB10. And, consider buying a spare battery as well as carrying a charger. However, you will have to monitor your phone to do a manual shut-down and reboot for those occasional endless loops that quickly drain the batter. For example, OS10/Z has some problems with transitioning between networks and/or WIFI.

[Note: I wont go into details about settings even as I'm one of a few that has written in detail about settings designed to conserve the battery.]

Yes, the Battery represents a major flaw that in combination with other OS10 flaws did impact sales. I think that we had long-since recognized this weakness in the battery. To indicate otherwise is simply irrational. Indeed, BB admitted such flaw by giving the Q a considerably larger Battery. But as a few posters also indicate, the Z/OS10 was rushed unready to mkt in March but 10.1 and 10.2 have remedied many of its original OS flaws.

No, the Z has yet to achieve a workhorse status that can be relied upon for use in a comprehensive business environment. Under the best circumstances of mefium/heavy use as an active business tool, the battery will get 6-8hrs--slightly flawed but functional. Hopefully, the remaining serious flaws (other than battery) will be resolved very, very soon and, thereby, allowing a 10-20mm unit public demand by year's end.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 07-25-13 at 05:32 PM.
    07-25-13 05:20 PM
    Not sure what your issue is? None of the flaws you are claiming exist on my Z10. I've got 4g service with Rogers and it's very fast. I've had my Z10 since Feb 2012 and it just keeps getting better. I did have a few navigation struggles in the first two weeks but it was probably because I was too lazy to spend a couple of minutes going over the tutorials. I like the trial and error method. For some reason I found the battery life shortest in the first week I had it but even then I was getting a full busy day on one charge. After the updates I am now getting almost 2 full days of use on one charge but I always kick it into sleep mode before putting it down. There are so many strange things in your comments that are contrary to my own experience with the Z10 that I am left wondering if you are a Forbes/BGR troll. Are you an undercover troll or a genuine Crackberry?
    This pretty much sums up my experience too....except I'm with Telus.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:24 PM
    Your mommas a flawed product!!!

Sorry get emotional when it comes to my z10!

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-25-13 05:54 PM
    Contacts app is flawed.. that's my biggest peeve and these contacts deleting themselves or doubling up is loosing BlackBerry credibility. Check this, twice in the last week it won't even let me make a call, the phone app won't open the dial pad! What's up with these issues that haven't been fixed in 6 months. Even after rebooting the phone there was no dialer!!!

I don't think you guys should be harassing those who are experiencing problems. You guys are half the problem by not helping in the first place.

Is Z10 a flawed product?-img_00001303.png

Is Z10 a flawed product?-img_00001302.png

Posted via CB10
    islandp likes this.
    07-25-13 10:43 PM
    Contacts app is flawed.. that's my biggest peeve and these contacts deleting themselves or doubling up is loosing BlackBerry credibility. Check this, twice in the last week it won't even let me make a call, the phone app won't open the dial pad! What's up with these issues that haven't been fixed in 6 months. Even after rebooting the phone there was no dialer!!!

I don't think you guys should be harassing those who are experiencing problems. You guys are half the problem by not helping in the first place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001303.png 
Views:	618 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	186036

Name:	IMG_00001302.png 
Views:	619 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	186038

Posted via CB10
    It's losing. Not loosing. Sorry. It's just one of my pet peeves. I can handle most spelling and grammatical errors. That one just bothers me. Don't know why.

And if you notice, people on this site are EXTREMELY helpful, when people ask for help, instead of just say everything is wrong when they're having an issue which most of us do not. And again, people saying they are not having problems doesn't mean BlackBerry won't work on issues. Lol!

Now, kind of off topic/ on topic. On my torch, using wifi ran my battery down, now on the Z it helps conserve battery? Am I the only one that experienced this? Maybe I had a bad torch?

Btw, I had terrible battery life, like 6 hrs until I swapped batteries out the first time. Now I'm getting all day use on a single battery. Unless I'm playing games, that the only time I swap them out now. Getting poor battery life? Try a battery pull if you haven't done so already. I don't know why, but it had amazing permanent (so far) results for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:59 PM

Name:	IMG_00001303.png 
Views:	618 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	186036

Name:	IMG_00001302.png 
Views:	619 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	186038

Posted via CB10
    We didn't write the OS so we aren't part of the problem, have you tried loading a leak, I'm running one of the newest leaks and my contact list is perfect even with 6 accounts, sin card, and link contacts.

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-26-13 12:03 AM
    The only real complaint I have about the Z10 is how hot it would get under heavy browsing causing the battery life to drain fast. It's making me thinking about the A series twice because the screen is more power efficient and the battery is much bigger despite a lower ppi screen.
    07-26-13 12:19 AM
    OP posts a somewhat antagonizing title to his thread. He focuses on one basic and oft cited ("original") problem that has been well chronicled. In fact the battery issue was among the first of the major "flaws" noted on the Z. There are many, many, many threads that detail a partial resolution to this problem. Still, equally unquestionable is that the Z was released before it was ready....not flawed just premature and needed more time to incubate.

Basically, as per the battery, turn-down or -off the power consumption features of the Z and/or BB10. And, consider buying a spare battery as well as carrying a charger. However, you will have to monitor your phone to do a manual shut-down and reboot for those occasional endless loops that quickly drain the batter. For example, OS10/Z has some problems with transitioning between networks and/or WIFI.

[Note: I wont go into details about settings even as I'm one of a few that has written in detail about settings designed to conserve the battery.]

Yes, the Battery represents a major flaw that in combination with other OS10 flaws did impact sales. I think that we had long-since recognized this weakness in the battery. To indicate otherwise is simply irrational. Indeed, BB admitted such flaw by giving the Q a considerably larger Battery. But as a few posters also indicate, the Z/OS10 was rushed unready to mkt in March but 10.1 and 10.2 have remedied many of its original OS flaws.

No, the Z has yet to achieve a workhorse status that can be relied upon for use in a comprehensive business environment. Under the best circumstances of mefium/heavy use as an active business tool, the battery will get 6-8hrs--slightly flawed but functional. Hopefully, the remaining serious flaws (other than battery) will be resolved very, very soon and, thereby, allowing a 10-20mm unit public demand by year's end.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Honesty and manner are rarity nowadays.
    SDTRMG and fanisk like this.
    07-26-13 04:43 AM
    Now, kind of off topic/ on topic. On my torch, using wifi ran my battery down, now on the Z it helps conserve battery? Am I the only one that experienced this? Maybe I had a bad torch?
    Posted via CB10
    No, your torch is normal. It is abnormal in Z10

I am not sure the wifi and connection policy on OS10 has anything to do with:
    White House telecom advisor proposes privacy code of conduct for apps
    07-26-13 04:51 AM
    Racist post reported!
    you take the prize for dumb...niggles means slight problem not anything to do with persons or African ancestry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-26-13 05:12 AM
    Yes the OS had glitches like reboots but it's been working fine after I got the 10.1 upgrade from AT&T. No more complaints from me.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:12 AM
    you take the prize for dumb...niggles means slight problem not anything to do with persons or African ancestry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10

I would take a second look at his post before you go calling people dumb... Pretty sure the ":-p" strongly/clearly indicates that the poster was kidding.

Those in glass houses...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:36 PM
89 ... 234