So, am in the UK (England currently) on vacation with the family, was in Salisbury and feeding the ducks and swans with my children in the maltings on the river Avon.

Went to remove my z10 from my pocket and fumbled it into the river......

At first I stood there in a state of momentary disbelief... then reality sunk in..... i have to get it out asap. I hurled myself over the railing, dropping and spilling my latte all over some chap standing next to me. I landed right next to the device. Pulled it out of the water and immediately tore off my transform case and the back cover to pull the battery.

While standing amongst the ducks I directed my brother to get some rice and a large zip lock bag from tesco's.... which thankfully was right around the corner.

I tried to shake and fling as much water out of the device while awaiting his return.

Poured the entire bag of rice into the zip lock bag, shoved the phone deep down along with the battery and back cover.

I left the device submerged in the rice for 48 hrs.

Took it out, dusted and removed little rice bits from the ports etc. Popped the battery in and was as good as new.....

Ran the bbry virtual expert, all sensors and tests passed... hopefully it stays this way.

I have to say, I have read posts from ppl breaking their screens etc...i have dropped this thing more in 7 months than I did my bold 9700 in 3 years lol... and some serious falls at that... including 12 concrete steps in a hospital.

Add to which it has now swam with the ducks and fish and it's still ticking.

Bravo bbry for making yet again another solid device.....

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:05 AM
    good job for taking immediate action!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:24 AM
    - Well mate, lucky for you that your device is working. Trust BlackBerry for producing a solid device, stop trying to test it yourself.

Jokes apart be careful mate.
    cheadlender, CMcRob and trynacu2 like this.
    08-06-13 05:24 AM
    You thought on your feet that time!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:47 AM
    Spot on spot on *stewie griffin voice*

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:37 AM
    Great job for taking such good care of it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    08-06-13 07:46 AM
    As much as I hate my Z10, I do have to admit it's a pretty tough phone.

I was walking my dog and texting at the same time. Bad move. My dog saw a squirrel and yanked on his leash. The phone popped out of my hand. It hit my knee and I instinctively stuck out my foot to prevent it from hitting the pavement. I ended up kicking the phone about 10 feet ahead of me onto someone's front lawn.

Luckily there was no damage and the phone works perfectly except for the fact the auto correct is still dyslexic.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    08-06-13 07:57 AM
    Blackberry ftw!!!!!!!
    08-06-13 08:24 AM
    Haha your recounting of the events is extremely detailed lol. I thought I was reading a book. "While standing among the ducks" lol.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    ErinnM and Justam like this.
    08-06-13 08:54 AM
    Blackberry CPR ;-)

CB10 - Q10
    08-06-13 09:17 AM
    So glad to hear that it all worked out in the end, had a scare there for a moment lol
    08-06-13 09:22 AM
    Wow, you're lucky the ducks didn't nick it ,
    Great story.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:29 AM
    O_o

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:52 AM
    Same thing happened with me in Vegas. Went into the pool with the z10 in my pocket. Stayed 5 minutes and then it struck me. Got out, took out the battery and kept the phone in the sun. Next morning... prayed, tried... and voila... it worked! no glitch whatsoever. R u listening experia!!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 10:03 AM
    Same thing happened with me in Vegas. Went into the pool with the z10 in my pocket. Stayed 5 minutes and then it struck me. Got out, took out the battery and kept the phone in the sun. Next morning... prayed, tried... and voila... it worked! no glitch whatsoever. R u listening experia!!

Posted via CB10
    Woah!!! Now that's impressive!!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:38 PM
    Haha your recounting of the events is extremely detailed lol. I thought I was reading a book. "While standing among the ducks" lol.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    Amongst.... but close enough haha. Thanks, being descriptive is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse... certainly drives my wife crazy... lol

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:51 PM
    Salisbury?! Damn you're a stones throw away from me!

Glad to hear the Z(ed) survived!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:20 PM
    Awesome story.
    Did the water damage detector turn from white to red? It's located on the phone and battery next to the power connector pins..

- aBBuser
    08-06-13 11:23 PM
    Awesome story.
    Did the water damage detector turn from white to red? It's located on the phone and battery next to the power connector pins..

- aBBuser
    Damn! Didn't know that! That's awesome! thanks for sharing.

From my seemingly water damaged Z10

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:30 AM
    I've heard from some techy guys and they recommend getting the phone opened up and cleaned. The rice trick does not always work in the long run, it might work for now but the phone can start to break down as time goes by. There could still be water on the main board or anywhere inside the device

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:03 AM
    Wow that is very impressive. What is the diagnostics tool u used?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:45 AM
    Yeah, the ducks usually want it to go on Quackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-07-13 11:42 AM
    Salisbury?! Damn you're a stones throw away from me!

Glad to hear the Z(ed) survived!

Posted via CB10
    No kidding, I'm down for a pint! Staying at me mums in Wilton. Can always catch a bus to Salisbury tho!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:54 PM
    Wow that is very impressive. What is the diagnostics tool u used?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry virtual expert

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:55 PM
    I've heard from some techy guys and they recommend getting the phone opened up and cleaned. The rice trick does not always work in the long run, it might work for now but the phone can start to break down as time goes by. There could still be water on the main board or anywhere inside the device

Posted via CB10
    What kind of shop could I get this done in?

I live in Toronto Canada

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:56 PM
40 12