Hello fellow members

I have a Z10 STL100-1 which is around 1.7 years old now and off late its developed some weird issue I can't solve so am looking for help

I'm on the Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052 leak with five email accounts on it that synch ever 24 hours and one Microsoft active synch account

All power using stuff is switched off except location services with some wifi use.

Now for over three to four months and over a few leaks I have the following issues

1. Battery life cane down drastically to half. Battery guru is not able to get accurate battery reading sometimes it's showing 76% and phone shuts down so basically it shuts down randomly.
    I tried monitoring via the voltage but it still shuts down sometimes at 3.55 and around instead of going down to 3.34 which it used to earlier. I have two batteries and phone behaves same on both

2. Now since installing this current leak if the phone goes dead and I connect it to the charger which came with the phone it is not charging up. Phone starts charging switches on and then sure down with the low battery sign. This goes in all day if I leave it instead of storing the charge and starting up. Only way to get the phone running is to replace the battery.

Task manager shows nothing is running I done listen to music just use the browser and read emails basically same usage pattern since new no games or any app usage so can't understand what's the problem

I broke the screen once almost a year ago and had it replaced with an alternative one to BlackBerry do to price and apart from this nothing has been done to the phone

Please advice what the issue is could be

Last leak I loaded and didn't restore from any back up also did a security swipe so can't understand the problem

Your help is requested

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:00 AM
    Apart from the above the phone has random issues like it won't show the name of the contact who is calling when the phone rings. I have 5,400 contacts in the phone the name will sometimes show when the call is coming or not till after I hang up

Then there are times it gets hot and hangs and I have to pull the battery

Sometimes it will crash and restart on its one randomly.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:02 AM
    Sounds like you have to go back to factory settings.
    So plug your phone to link and reload the latest original Os or go with a new leak ( use an autoloader for your state)

It's the only way to fix it. Believe me I've been there since 10.3 leaks. 10.3.1.938 is the most stable one for my phone, hope it is for you as well.

Seriously the battery problems, un responsiveness etc come due to the leak. Revert or update and you'll be fine

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:22 AM
    I presume if he does that it will wipe his phone?
    10-24-14 09:40 AM
    I'll try to update. I'll use fire chest to back up the contacts and pics apart from that I can live with any stuff I loose.

So what are the recommended steps.

I just download the latest leak and use the autoloader or first go back to factory specs.

BTW I always use the autoloader.

I live in the UAE where carrier updates are far and few

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:56 AM
    I presume if he does that it will wipe his phone?
    Yep fully, but he can restore from a backup

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:21 PM
    I do it like this, after those problems but there are others ways, like a sic wipe but I didn't saw much difference

I do it partially like that.

1.connect to link, restore factory settings.
    2. Remover USB connecting when prompted.
    3. You see the paper crusher removing your phone data.
    4. Remove the battery / replace battery (repeat until you get an error)
    When you replace the battery and you see the paper crusher remove the battery again and so on until you get a warning message and a BlackBerry error.
    5. Connect to link and do a restore phone load latest os.(right one of the 2 if I recall correctly)
    Or
    Install an autoloader
    6. Let it install, restore your backup
    7. Enjoy incredible battery life 1day +

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:25 PM
    Thanks what exactly do you mean by "papercrusher"

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:56 AM
    It an icon indicating that the phone is security wiping

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 05:58 AM
    Thanks what exactly do you mean by "papercrusher"

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is a paper shredding icon.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    FF22 likes this.
    10-25-14 01:06 PM
    I've loaded this now
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821

Still having issues with battery calibration. Won't charge from dead.

Contacts multiplied from 5,400 to 7,500. Somw.have grown from one to six entries.

Can I please get step by step instructions how to solve these issues please.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:50 PM
    No doubt Z10 is a gorgeous device. But battery life remains a debatable issue. I got my battery changed twice and device once from the Blackberry service center India as it was under warranty peroid but I am still facing battery issue. I am average user, I dont play games, no everyday listening to music, moderate user of whats app (just to be connected to friends who are not on BBM). I have subscribed to few channels in bbm but I dont think that should be the root cause of battery draining. Yest night my battery showed around 55% when I went off to sleep but in mrng arnd 4:30 Am IST my battery % was 16 that is something serious. I am tired of going around service center for replacement. I do understand if I am a heavy user and the battery drains but in my case I am not able understand why this is happening? Also on and off my Z10 get hot.
    10-26-14 10:58 PM