I was just talking to a friend about this today. I also love the form factor of the Z10. I also appreciate the IPS display and the high pixel density. I'm hoping that they follow the Apple model and offer two form factors for high-end full touch devices. I think they could squeeze a slightly bigger screen into the current Z10 form factor to satisfy people like me. Higher specs, better battery life, and similar screen resolution. I'd be very happy!

For now, I have an extra Z10 ready to deploy when needed. I don't see any need to upgrade to a different device for the foreseeable future.
    06-15-14 01:49 AM
    I do get frustrated with my z10, but love it way more than I hate it and can't imagine going ios or android even though I sometimes think it when the apps crash.
    Love the keyboard on my z10 and the screen size. If I had spare cash I would try a z30. But by the time I need to upgrade the 30 will be old hat so I'm looking forward to the next generation z10!

Posted via my lovely Z10
    06-15-14 03:41 AM
    From France I want to say Hello all!!
    I'm neewbie on CB.com (please be gentle)

I do recognize myself as a Z10 enthusiast... but shame to say I'm a Z10 nostalgic also!!!!
    I used to have Z10 -OS 10.2.1- but I get rid of it because of battery life... (drain to fast with no extrem use)
    Now get back to basic 9360 but I have to admit I miss the OS 10 experience... think I getting myself a Z30...

so here I am, trying to find a Z30 with litteraly NO HELP from French carriers because, in France, BB get no love from them... and that's a shame

bye all

Sent from good ol' BB 9360
    FF22 likes this.
    06-15-14 04:08 AM
    I see my Z10 as perfect in terms of screen size, but the first time I held it, I thought this is huge! So I'm sure that even if BlackBerry will only make 5" phones or bigger in the future, we can adapt to it.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-15-14 04:26 AM
    Bad Idea IMHO
    Time will tell obviously, but I am not staying with BlackBerry out of blind devotion if they don't produce the kind of phone I want, so regardless of anything else I will go with a phone that does tick all the boxes I want in a phone at that time. At the end of the day it is only a phone, so whether I use a BlackBerry, Apple, Nokia, Samsung or any other make is moot really. I bought my previous BlackBerry devices in the same way, not specifically because they were BlackBerry phones. At this moment in time I see nothing to excite me about future BlackBerry devices, so if that is the case still in six months time then as much as love my Z10 I will try other devices that I am attracted to for one reason or the other. BlackBerry physical keyboard phones, regardless of any other specs on those phones just don't hack it for me.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-15-14 06:15 AM
    Stop being a baby. Love your device and be satisfied with it. Love your BlackBerry and be content.
    Lol...being a baby is not the case at all. I'm very satisfied with it at the moment, but are you suggesting I remain satisfied as new and better devices and OS come out and the z10 is not supported? I should just be satisfied with it indefinitely? Just as most anyone else I would like to get an updated device at some point and my concern is that BlackBerry won't be producing another full touch in the form factor I prefer. Others have voiced the same concern. I don't see this as being a baby.

Z10
    06-15-14 03:19 PM
    I've got Lumia 925 from company few months ago and I still can't get used to its size which is slightly bigger than Z10.
    I'm currently trying to persuade my boss to buy me an HTC One mini which is almost identical as Z10.
    06-15-14 03:25 PM
    If you're willing to go to BB7, with the pre-orders of the 9900 out now I'm sure this is a good sign that the old full-touch BB7 will have support for a while, but then again the Z10 still has support so why worry yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 03:29 PM
    Z11. Same size, bigger screen and bigger battery. All I need. Until then, Z10! Although, I also said I wouldn't part with the physical keyboard. BlackBerry has a way of making great devices, so one can only speculate on what is to come and what to do with it.
    06-15-14 04:02 PM
    I don't worry about anything, till I find reason to be concerned. Z30 is actually a nice size, and the Z10 is just starting to see its potential with 10.3.
    I actually like the size. GOOD to know that I'm not alone!

Just imagine our wee Z10 with all the paratek, battery, fm radio, etc goodies!
    06-15-14 04:59 PM
    I love my Z10, but I'd love to try out a Z30 even more. Being in the US, however, I have 2 issues that I've found. 1- Not many Z30's to even try out. 2) I'm on ATT and everything that I've read is that the LTE may or may not work. I'm not willing to spend a few hundred dollars on maybe.

Hopefully, when the BlackBerry Beast comes out, it'll work on ATT's network.
    06-15-14 05:36 PM
    I love the design and form factor of the z10. I think it's perfect. With all the talk of any new all touch device being larger (if indeed one actually sees the light of day), I'm concerned that this might be my last BlackBerry. I just do not want a large phone. It is impractical for me to carry around a large device in my pocket especially once it has a cover on it. If subsequent all touch bb10 devices will be larger than the z10, I might be forced into a decision I do not want to make. I certainly have no interest at this time in anything running Android or iOS. Any other z10 users with the same concerns?

Z10
    I have a Z10 and Z30. The z30 fits perfectly into a soft eyeglass case with a flip case and into my pocket. The Z30 is sooooo! much nicer for viewing the internet and app use.. For me the Z30 is the perfect size and the Z10 is frustrating to use after using the Z30.
    06-15-14 07:24 PM
    I agree with many. When I go to change out my Z10 BlackBerry won't have something for me.
    The Z30 will be old and I don't want a Q style phone.

If BlackBerry doesn't roll something high end and full screen this fall/winter I may have to try a different brand.

It's not our fault BlackBerry seems to know nothing about buying cycles.

Tired of the continuing catchup game they play.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-15-14 07:39 PM
    It seems to be the way things are going bigger phone screens & people have to make choices based on what works for them...Personally I couldn't have a screen any smaller than my Z10 but conversely I wouldn't want to have anything too much bigger as pocketability is a deal breaker for me

My Z10 Whiteout
    06-15-14 08:58 PM
    4.7 inch will become niche...BlackBerry is going for niche...
    06-16-14 12:05 AM
    I got the Z30 too, even though I was hesitant about how big it is.

I would suggest the Z30, as now my Z10 feels small (been on my Z10 because my Z30 died and has been undergoing repairs at BlackBerry for a month).

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 01:35 AM
    I love the design and form factor of the z10. I think it's perfect. With all the talk of any new all touch device being larger (if indeed one actually sees the light of day), I'm concerned that this might be my last BlackBerry. I just do not want a large phone. It is impractical for me to carry around a large device in my pocket especially once it has a cover on it. If subsequent all touch bb10 devices will be larger than the z10, I might be forced into a decision I do not want to make. I certainly have no interest at this time in anything running Android or iOS. Any other z10 users with the same concerns?

Z10
    There is no way I will get anything bigger than a Z10 (which is already on the verge of being too big.) It's a phone, not an IMAX theater.
    FF22 and barbarianthemadserb like this.
    06-16-14 01:58 AM
    I already struggle using my Z10 with one hand. It's just not comfortable for my thumb to reach out to certain places. I do use my iPhone 4 occasionally and while it looks almost tiny in comparison, it is more pleasurable to hold. I won't be buying a device bigger than the Z10, it is my absolute limit. If BlackBerry doesn't provide me with that, I will switch. The iPhone 5S would still be a very nice upgrade, if Apple decides to only release bigger iPhones from now on.
    06-16-14 05:03 AM
    I'm going to keep my z10 and use it as my daily driver until it dies.

Posted via CB10
    nightridah likes this.
    06-16-14 05:05 AM
    I've had a Z10 since launch and I've grown to appreciate it's from factor as well. However as a person challenged with really small fine print, I am interested in a bigger device. Almost everything else, I'm fine with the Z10.
    Simply changing font size from default 8 up one step to 9 makes a huge difference in readability, without impacting the display much in terms of how things fit. Just a thought..

Back to the original topic, I've never felt like I needed the hottest/newest/trendiest thing; as long as my Z10 works I'll stick with it. If it croaks at some point I'd probably buy a new old stock or good used and keep on going. Like some others have said, I don't really think I would like a physically larger device. I carry my Z10 naked in my front jeans pocket and I'm pretty sure it's the maximum size device that will fit there without being a problem.

Hell, I kept buying old Motorola RAZR flip phones off craigslist years after they were "obsolete", just because they were decent phones that lasted a long time.

Richard
    06-16-14 07:03 AM
    That�s exactly what I think. BB should definitely keep the Z10 in their portfolio and keep upgrading the hardware. For me, it is the perfect size for an all touch device. I would never use anything in the Z30 or S5 territory as they are simply unusable while you are on the go. 4.2 inch device has its own fan base and I am definitely one of them. If Blackberry doesn�t update the Z10�s hardware with the latest and greatest, I have no idea what device I will end up using. Maybe I will go for the Classic if it is up to the hype....
    06-16-14 08:05 AM
    I'd love a Z30. So long as the new phone is not any wider than the Z30, I am getting it. The skinnier the better.

I'll never go to iOS and I dread the thought of going back to Android.

All I really want is:
    1080p
    SD card slot
    Faster processor(s). Note that I don't care for more cores. Get better CPU architectures at a higher clock in it. 2 GB is fine but I expect more.

Those 3 things will keep me.
    06-16-14 08:43 AM
    I just wish they could make thinner bezels...
    06-16-14 08:59 AM
    As it stands, doesn't appear there will be a Z10 replacement this year. If the Manitoba (more a Z30 replacement) really needs 10.4 for 64 Bit support, then it's a long way off. Been using an iPad - it's amazing what a tablet with an ecosystem can do (poor PlayBook). But because of that ecosystem, I'm thinking that the iPhone6+ is looking good. Have to see what the 5.5" inch device is priced at.

I will miss the HUB and a number of features of BB10. But by the end of the year when my upgrade is available.... I'm pretty sure the fat lady will have moved on stage, at least in regards to consumer BlackBerries. Think Chen is going to try and see if money can be made with BES12 and hardware. But if they aren't getting close to breaking even by then, something is going to have to be cut.

I got the Z10 because I once again believed the hype that BB10 was going to be a major player and that by the end of the year we would have most every major app on the platform. My next purchase will be based on what that device can do, not what it might one day be capable of doing.
    06-16-14 09:02 AM
    Went from a Z10 to a Q10 and spent the last week testing a Z30!

Now I'm back with the Z10 'cause the Z30 is WAY to big and lacks the sharp display of the Z10 and the battery changing ability!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-16-14 09:06 AM
102 1234 ...