Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-12-14 09:40 PM
102 123 ...
tools
    I love the design and form factor of the z10. I think it's perfect. With all the talk of any new all touch device being larger (if indeed one actually sees the light of day), I'm concerned that this might be my last BlackBerry. I just do not want a large phone. It is impractical for me to carry around a large device in my pocket especially once it has a cover on it. If subsequent all touch bb10 devices will be larger than the z10, I might be forced into a decision I do not want to make. I certainly have no interest at this time in anything running Android or iOS. Any other z10 users with the same concerns?

Z10
    Last edited by BKA22; 06-14-14 at 11:17 AM.
    06-14-14 11:05 AM
    Your Z10 will continue to work fine. There is no need to get rid of it if it continues to work.

Even then, you'll probably be able to purchase a used/older new unit. Probably much cheaper.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    06-14-14 11:25 AM
    I don't worry about anything, till I find reason to be concerned. Z30 is actually a nice size, and the Z10 is just starting to see its potential with 10.3.
    06-14-14 11:29 AM
    Your Z10 will continue to work fine. There is no need to get rid of it if it continues to work.

Even then, you'll probably be able to purchase a used/older new unit. Probably much cheaper.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    Well of course I've considered this but sometimes it's not so easy to see all these new devices come out and never get one.

Z10
    06-14-14 11:46 AM
    I don't worry about anything, till I find reason to be concerned. Z30 is actually a nice size, and the Z10 is just starting to see its potential with 10.3.
    Yea I like the z30 as well but once it has a case or cover on it then it's too big to have in the pocket imo.

Z10
    06-14-14 11:49 AM
    Agreed, I find the dimensions of the z10 (w/o a case) to be perfect. The same goes for the nexus 4 w/o a case but the only real difference is that the n4 is way too fragile to go without one.

I hope 'normal' sized phones make a comeback in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 02:30 PM
    I love the look and size of my Z10. I can see stretching the screen size just a wee bit bigger, but the physical size of the device itself is perfect.

But, OSs get more demanding as they progress, and so do apps and their requirements. Sure, the Z will continue to work as is indefinitely, but app and usage demands increase over time, and eventually the Z10 just won't be capable enough anymore if you want to keep up with whatever is the next big thing in another two years. We'll always find ways to overload our hardware no matter how much capacity we think we're getting.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    06-14-14 03:50 PM
    I love the physical size of my Z10, but the screen is just too small now that I've spent time with a Nexus 5. My N5 was only slightly larger physically, and very comfortable to hold in comparison, but had a beautiful 5" screen that I now miss. The Z30 with a large bezel area such as the Z10, is slightly too big for my comfort, and even bigger than the N5. If they could just figure out how to reduce that bezel area like so many other manufacturers have already done, they could produce a great 5" phone with a physical size roughly equivalent to the Z10. That would be a win as far as I'm concerned...unfortunately, they don't see it that way and are going another direction...
    06-14-14 04:42 PM
    i will stick to my beloved z10 as long as possible
    sibeans, NinjaB, Punch and 1 others like this.
    06-14-14 04:51 PM
    I'm sorry but the idea to buy used Z10s to satisfy your needs seems crazy to me. You're essentially depriving yourself of new and advanced technology, which is fine if the Z10 works for you (as it does for many) but do we really think that most everyday Z10 users will do this?

Maybe not today or tomorrow but it's gonna be real hard to justify buying old Z10s when new androids, windows phones, and iphones come out. With the way technology progresses these days I just don't think it's practical.

I would love to see a successor to the Z10 with roughly the same form factor but if BlackBerry cannot afford to do so then we either have to take what they give us or move on. I'm not sure where though since even apple is giving in and increasing screen size.

To each his own!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 04:56 PM
    A perfect scenario for me would be if they kept the z10 form factor and just removed the extra bezel stretching the screen to the edges of the device all the way around. Have periodic upgrades to the internals keeping the size the same. Similar to what Apple has done with the iPhone.

Z10
    06-14-14 05:58 PM
    It could have been a bit thicker with a bigger battery.

I don't know how you shrink the bezel and still allow swiping but maybe it can be done. But then, would the change in screen size buy you anything if the resolution is some oddball size that does not work for video or images?
    06-14-14 06:45 PM
    I've had a Z10 since launch and I've grown to appreciate it's from factor as well. However as a person challenged with really small fine print, I am interested in a bigger device. Almost everything else, I'm fine with the Z10.
    06-14-14 07:07 PM
    In six months time when my Z10 contract is up I'll most likely go for a none BlackBerry phone as I don't see anything currently that can replace it. The Z30 is too big in my eyes, and by that time anyway will start to look dated. So unless a miracle happens then the Z10 will be my last BlackBerry phone for the foreseeable future.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-14-14 07:09 PM
    Since the legacy devices I always wanted bigger. The torch seemed "crunched" within the screen if that makes sense, so the z10 was a very nice and refreshing step forward. Bigger screens make me feel free like running in an open stadium. I fell in love with the note 3 but I hate android so it's nice to see the z30 and the Manitoba rumored specs.

I understand you guys and it seems BlackBerry agrees with you since they only increase 0.3 inches and 0.5 inches at a time respectively instead of pushing the envelope to where the note 3 is and I see why but for reading, movies and working spreadsheets I believe bigger is better.

They should always have 2 low end phones touch and none touch like the q5 and a revamped z10 with better battery and then the high monsters like windermere and manitoba.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 07:24 PM
    Would you consider a keyboard phone with a larger screen that might be only as big as the Z10-Z30ish? I agree the Z10 is a great size. I got big hands and could deal with a Z30. BB wont be bigger than that. If they go bigger its a phablet and that has only been hinted at a possibility in the future. New phones are coming. Dont make me laugh.
    06-14-14 07:50 PM
    In six months time when my Z10 contract is up I'll most likely go for a none BlackBerry phone as I don't see anything currently that can replace it. The Z30 is too big in my eyes, and by that time anyway will start to look dated. So unless a miracle happens then the Z10 will be my last BlackBerry phone for the foreseeable future.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Bad Idea IMHO
    06-14-14 07:53 PM
    Yea I like the z30 as well but once it has a case or cover on it then it's too big to have in the pocket imo.

Z10
    My brother in law has the Z30 and TBH although the screen is bigger, due to the bezel being smaller, the Z30 is really not much bigger than the Z10. Check it out, you?ll be surprised.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-14-14 07:58 PM
    The dimensions are: Z10 130 x 65.6 and Z30 140.7 x 72

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-14-14 08:05 PM
    Would you consider a keyboard phone with a larger screen that might be only as big as the Z10-Z30ish? I agree the Z10 is a great size. I got big hands and could deal with a Z30. BB wont be bigger than that. If they go bigger its a phablet and that has only been hinted at a possibility in the future. New phones are coming. Dont make me laugh.
    My previous phone was a 9930 and an 8830 before that. When I got this z10, I knew that was it for me and qwerty. I understand the reasons people like the physical keyboard but it's all touch for me from now on.

Z10
    06-14-14 09:01 PM
    In my opinion, my Z10 is perfect for me. Unless BlackBerry comes out with another device that is the same size as the Z10, I have no desire to switch my device. The hardware and designs are just too damn nice. And the OS is fine as well. I'm stoked for the 10.3 to be released though.
    06-14-14 09:45 PM
    Great question. I waited to get a Z30 instead of the Z10 because of the FM radio primarily. The bigger screen was a plus because I do a lot of Web browsing and the extra tech were just icing on the cake.

I definitely understand your preference for the smaller size and truly hope BlackBerry doesn't go larger than the Z30 at the expense of portability and unique/ high-end features such as our Paratech antenna, industrial construction etc. We need to stand out not fit in.

BB10 is the ace in the ace in the hole and BlackBerry has QNX and BBM. Please improve software before hardware. Novelty wears off pretty fast but a useful feature such as Picture Password will always stand out more than the decadence of 4K screens on 6" devices.
    06-14-14 10:27 PM
    Well of course I've considered this but sometimes it's not so easy to see all these new devices come out and never get one.

Z10
    Stop being a baby. Love your device and be satisfied with it. Love your BlackBerry and be content.
    06-14-14 11:53 PM
    After using the LG Flex, which is a 6 inch monster, I felt Z10 looked like a toy. But then after switching back to Z10, I started to appreciate its pocketability.

However, with the new emerging technologies like smart watches, and smart glasses, I don't see a phablet being a big issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 11:57 PM
    The only two things I wanted for a successor to the Z10 (if they ever going to release one) is the overall dark theme and Paratek antenna.
    06-15-14 01:21 AM
102 123 ...