I've had lots of phones and they've all been Blackberry's from my Curve 9300 to my Z10, I've loved all of them (except the 9320). But I'm sick of the boringness of the UI. Also I'm frightened by the fact the Z10 will have no support for 10.3+. Also the phone just gets hot very easily and I have to use a 4500mah battery (54 hours of usage) to keep it going before I can be bothered to put it on charge. I visited Phones4U today and mentioned the fact I had a Z10 he said we used them back when they first came out good phone starved of apps and just not up to scratch with its Android and iOS counterparts. But anyway I was looking at a Galaxy S4 they've dropped significantly however the guy in the shop had a HTC One as his main phone and I was amazed at what it could do, the custom version of Android was way better than Samsung's. So I'm undecided between the S4, HTC one and I've always had a iPhone 5 in the back of my mind any thoughts on which I should get. I've just fell out of love with BlackBerry after BB10 I loved my 9900 more than any phone but now it's frankly outdated. So HTC, Samsung or iPhone? Also note I've used Android on an old tablet and I have an iPad Mini Retina.

Posted with my Black Z10
    04-11-14 10:04 AM
    What makes you say the Z10 won't get 10.3? Had mine since day one and still prefer it to my daughters iPhone or friends HTC's

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    04-11-14 10:10 AM
    Wait it out for the BlackBerry Classic / Q20 with 10.3 since you did say you loved the 9900 so much but it's outdated.
    04-11-14 10:12 AM
    Good luck finding the right device. My Z10 is no longer the the daily driver but still works just fine. For me and my family BlackBerry continues to be the best device on the market today. We will be staying put and watching others continue the search.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    AlfieBriggs likes this.
    04-11-14 10:13 AM
    I think one or the reasons BlackBerry 10 is not selling much is because of the UI lack of customization options. It's not eyeCandy when compared to iOS 7 or MIUI Android for example. But in terms of functionality, security, efficiency, speed and productivity, BlackBerry 10 flushes all other Operating Systems away! And I have tried it by myself.

Maybe you should consider the Z30 for the monster of battery it has, OS 10.3 seems promising in terms of UI improvement so it will not look so "boring", it looks like there's understanding from BlackBerry's side for the importance of UI customization options for users.

And needless to say that App gap is not a matter of discussion anymore since BlackBerry 10 runs both BlackBerry and Android apps, so in fact it beats iOS and Android and outnumbers them in the amount of apps you could have.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:17 AM
    So HTC, Samsung or iPhone?

Er, none of the above. Stop trolling.
    04-11-14 10:18 AM
    I'm just worried for the Z10's update cycle I also just am now tolerating it I hate the text messaging app and my hub is slightly slow. I've looked at the Q10.. It seems okay however I don't know if you guys couldn't have your BlackBerry's for a few weeks and you had to choose between HTC One, iPhone5 or S4 which one would you say?

Posted with my Black Z10
    Clanked likes this.
    04-11-14 10:22 AM
    Stop spreading false info. Who said that Z10 won't get 10.3+ support?
    04-11-14 10:24 AM
    Stop spreading false info. Who said that Z10 won't get 10.3+ support?
    I'm not I'm saying 10.3 plus can you see Z10 getting 10.3.1 or 10.4?

Posted with my Black Z10
    04-11-14 10:25 AM
    You have to use a battery that gets 54 hours use, but you're looking to replace your Z10 with a device without a removable battery?

04-11-14 10:25 AM
    the Z10 will have no support for 10.3+.

Where did you get this info. I thought this might happen because of the Storm / Storm 2/ Torch
    04-11-14 10:27 AM
    Nothing is known. Don't assume true what you want to believe.
    04-11-14 10:32 AM
    I'm just worried for the Z10's update cycle I also just am now tolerating it I hate the text messaging app and my hub is slightly slow. I've looked at the Q10.. It seems okay however I don't know if you guys couldn't have your BlackBerry's for a few weeks and you had to choose between HTC One, iPhone5 or S4 which one would you say?

Posted with my Black Z10
    Neither. Those are all outdated. I would look at this year's models first. S5 and HTC M8 but I'm still sticking with my Zed30 and Q10. Can't stand android OS. I would never sacrifices personal security for a "flashier" or more customized UI.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:38 AM

Posted with my Black Z10
    Of course. Why wouldn't it? That would mean Q10 and Q5 wouldn't get updates either because of their spec's. BlackBerry 10 OS is far more hardware efficient.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:40 AM

Posted with my Black Z10
    One, what version of OS do you have? If you do not have 10.2.1, then get it installed toot sweet. If your carrier has not released it, then load one from another carrier.
    Two, BlackBerry is not going anywhere, yet. There has already been a leak of 10.3.
    Three, Your logic of going to an HTC One doesn't make sense if battery life is an issue. You will need to carry a long extension cord if you go anywhere. Not saying it isn't a nice phone.
    Four, I don't get why you feel the need to announce your decision here. Just do what you feel you have to do. But your worry about BlackBerry being there for your Z10 is a little premature.
    04-11-14 10:43 AM

Posted with my Black Z10
    Yes, I can. What makes you think otherwise?

Besides, the phone you choose will depend on your needs. Don't look for somebody to tell you which one to get.
    04-11-14 10:44 AM
    maybe you should post on android central.....
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-11-14 10:46 AM
    I've had lots of phones and they've all been Blackberry's from my Curve 9300 to my Z10, I've loved all of them (except the 9320). But I'm sick of the boringness of the UI. Also I'm frightened by the fact the Z10 will have no support for 10.3+. Also the phone just gets hot very easily and I have to use a 4500mah battery (54 hours of usage) to keep it going before I can be bothered to put it on charge. I visited Phones4U today and mentioned the fact I had a Z10 he said we used them back when they first came out good phone starved of apps and just not up to scratch with its Android and iOS counterparts. But anyway I was looking at a Galaxy S4 they've dropped significantly however the guy in the shop had a HTC One as his main phone and I was amazed at what it could do, the custom version of Android was way better than Samsung's. So I'm undecided between the S4, HTC one and I've always had a iPhone 5 in the back of my mind any thoughts on which I should get. I've just fell out of love with BlackBerry after BB10 I loved my 9900 more than any phone but now it's frankly outdated. So HTC, Samsung or iPhone? Also note I've used Android on an old tablet and I have an iPad Mini Retina.

Posted with my Black Z10
    Well, as to your actual question, I use a Z10 but an SIII is my daily phone. If you want customizable UI then Android is the way to go either by rooting or what the OS's allow natively. I also like the larger screen as my eyes get older by the day. The S IV is getting really cheap and you can Ebay one to avoid extended contract hell. The HTC is gorgeous and the UI is cleaner then Samsung. Just not sure how much life HTC has left. Watch those Android app permissions, they are onerous. But if privacy is not an issue Android is a good alternative. I would personally prefer a Z30 but they are still too pricey and I am on At&t so will not see this model from them. Good luck with your search. Might have been best to post your stuff on Android forum to avoid inevitable flame war when you post such on BB forum..
    04-11-14 10:46 AM

Posted with my Black Z10
    Yes...10.3 leaked on the Z10 so with that being the ONLY news regarding 10.3, one would have to assume it will be getting the update

And I believe BBRY will be releasing updates to the Z10 for another year...probably have all the major updates until they start requiring 3GB or RAM or something like that. I could be wrong, but with 2GB or RAM (equal to that of the Z30) why would the Z10 be any less likely to get future updates if the Z30 gets them?
    04-11-14 10:50 AM
    Hi OP. While I still love my Z10 over the options you listed, I would recommend the HTC one or the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:52 AM

Posted with my Black Z10
    Ive had an HTC One (M7) for nearly a year, beautiful phone, solid, outstanding wifi and GPS. I would highly recommend it.
    04-11-14 11:01 AM
    None of those. Get a z30

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-11-14 11:10 AM
    first let's wait for the official 10.3... right now only the leak is out... once 10.3 official comes only we can know if 10.4 or 5 or what ever is gonna come... cant assume what happens tomorrow..cant even say if we live tomorrow so mo false info.. if u don't know just be quiet..do not create rumours about BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:29 AM
    You should be asking on an Android or IOS forum. Not here.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-11-14 11:47 AM
    Three, Your logic of going to an HTC One doesn't make sense if battery life is an issue.
    The new HTC One m8 has great battery life. Last years HTC One doesn't have good battery life. If your looking to save and get last year models because of cost I'd go Moto X. If you can buy this year the HTC One has great build quality and battery life. Samsung S5 has great battery life plus a great camera. Samsung has a great feature to extend battery life. If your at 10 % you can have it switch to a special power saving mode that gives you 24 hrs standby and probably 1 or 2 hrs of non stop use. HTC has this also but since Samsung has Amoled screen they can power only the parts of the screen they need. All black sections don't take power. They also switch to gray-scale and that save a lot of power as well. Most people are getting 15 hrs of use out of the New HTC One M8. These are people who usually only get about 8 hrs out of a phone. If you can wait I would wait for the next Moto X+1. I'm not sure the release date but the current moto x has the best software along with great build quality. It could use a better camera and next gen processor. If it gets that this year I think it will be the phone to get. It's not to big. It's 4.7 inch screen fits in about the size of the current iphone 5 and 5s yet with .7 inch larger screen. I'm waiting for a moto x. I have a 2+ year old HTC One X. Hope you get something you like.
    04-11-14 11:59 AM
34 12